Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants

5 posters

Go down

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Empty Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants

Post by Ponee Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is offering weapons to civilians willing to take on Islamist militants who captured Iraq’s second-largest city on Tuesday.

Jihadi rebels seized control of most of Mosul early Tuesday, reflecting the growing threat posed by the radical Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, a group once closely linked to Al Qaeda that’s been fighting to establish hardline Islamic law in Iraq and neighboring Syria.
Maliki asked parliament to declare a state of emergency and vowed not to let the area succumb “under the shadows of terror and terrorists.”

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Iraq-Nineveh-Getty-620x408
Iraqi families fleeing violence in the northern Nineveh province gather at a Kurdish checkpoint in Aski Kalak, 40 kilometers west of Arbil, in the autonomous Kurdistan region, June 10, 2014. Suspected jihadists seized Iraq’s entire northern province of Nineveh and its capital Mosul — the country’s second-largest city — in a major blow to authorities, who appear incapable of stopping militant advances. (Safin Hamed/AFP/Getty Images)

“Having these terrorist groups control a city in the heart of Iraq threatens not only Iraq but the entire region,” Nujaifi said, appealing for outside help to reign in the rebels. The takeover of Mosul, the capital of northern Iraq, follows the insurgent capture earlier this year of Fallujah.

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Mosul-AP-620x447
In this Monday, June 9, 2014 image taken from video obtained from the Iraqi Military, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, armored and military vehicles take position on a street during clashes with militants in the northern city of Mosul, Iraq. (AP Photo/Iraqi Military via AP video)

The Iraqi government also decided to “restructure and reorganize” its military in an effort to meet the growing insurgent challenge despite government forces being armed by the U.S. government.

An estimated 150,000 have fled the latest bout of fighting. The crush of civilians trying to get out was captured dramatically in this photograph:

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Nineveh-Getty-620x384
Iraqis fleeing violence in the Nineveh province wait in their vehicles at a Kurdish checkpoint in Aski Kalak, 40 kilometers west of Arbil, the capital of the autonomous Kurdish region of northern Iraq, June 10, 2014. (Safin Hamed/AFP/Getty Images)

The Washington Post described the militant takeover of the major Iraqi city as “striking and suggests the U.S.-trained Iraqi security forces are even more vulnerable than had previously been thought.”

The jihadis’ seizure of the airport was particularly symbolic as it had been used by the U.S. military in Iraq. The parliament speaker confirmed to reporters Tuesday that the airport and all aircraft within it were captured.

Charles Lister, who follows Middle Eastern insurgent groups at the Brookings Institution’s Doha Center, told the Washington Post that many of the weapons ISIL captured were likely to be American.

“Washington will be questioning how to move forward in terms of supporting the Iraqi army in its fight against terrorism,” Lister said. “Every time [ISIL] captures territory, it’s a reminder that it does so using weapons that have fallen into the hands of the forces the U.S. is trying to counter in the first place.”

The BBC reported that the ISIL has for months been imposing its rule on large swaths of the Nineveh province, including levying of protection taxes and fees for transporting goods.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/10/iraqs-prime-minister-offers-to-hand-out-guns-to-citizens-willing-to-fight-back-against-islamist-militants/
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Empty Re: Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 pm

“Washington will be questioning how to move forward in terms of supporting the Iraqi army in its fight against terrorism,” Lister said. “Every time [ISIL] captures territory, it’s a reminder that it does so using weapons that have fallen into the hands of the forces the U.S. is trying to counter in the first place.”

And at least some probably provided to them in Syria by the US.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants Empty Re: Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants

Post by dinarstar Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Arm them all... that will work....of course Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2322496710

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Bring our troops back in and lets set this thing straight.
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:20 pm

With O in the White House? You have got to be kidding!
 Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2322496710

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865  Iraq’s Prime Minister Offers to Hand Out Guns to Citizens Willing to Fight Back Against Islamist Militants 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:14 pm

They are not worth one more drop of American or Western blood. Let them beat the blithers out of each other, and USA get serious about utilizing her own resources instead of bothering with those in countries that hate us.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:55 pm

What torques me is that Obama pulled our people out too soon and too fast because of political expediency and now that blood has been wasted.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:11 pm

...yes Kevin.... tragically,every drop Crying or Very sad

Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Regardless if you feel we should have gone over there in the first place, we did.  Then, after trillions spent and 4,000+ lives lost, we pulled out.  Now we have this mess.  I can't imagine being a parent that lost a child.  And we can't forget the Iraqi people either.  So incredibly sad.

The people who are concerned with nothing more than when they are going to cash out and become rich are the lowest of the low.  If they're that damn stupid they get what they deserve.  It may be wrong, but I'm rapidly losing any compassion for all of them.  All I'm seeing is pure greed.

I hope we have learned a lesson.  The next time we have an election, please remember that it's not a personality contest.  We are electing people into positions of great power and they need to be up to the job.  Peoples lives are depend on it.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:40 pm

ssmith wrote:Regardless if you feel we should have gone over there in the first place, we did.  Then, after trillions spent and 4,000+ lives lost, we pulled out.  Now we have this mess.  I can't imagine being a parent that lost a child.  And we can't forget the Iraqi people either.  So incredibly sad.

The people who are concerned with nothing more than when they are going to cash out and become rich are the lowest of the low.  If they're that damn stupid they get what they deserve.  It may be wrong, but I'm rapidly losing any compassion for all of them.  All I'm seeing is pure greed.

I hope we have learned a lesson.  The next time we have an election, please remember that it's not a personality contest.  We are electing people into positions of great power and they need to be up to the job.  Peoples lives are depend on it.

I'm with you.

Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum