Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
RENDER UNTO CAESAR? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

RENDER UNTO CAESAR?

3 posters

Go down

RENDER UNTO CAESAR? Empty RENDER UNTO CAESAR?

Post by roadglide Thu May 29, 2014 8:59 am

I wrote this study 30 years ago, a few years after I left my position as a Professor of Theology in a San Diego Seminary.  It has helped thousands of people get a proper perspective on the Christian's relationship to government, and taxes.

It is called, 'How to Regain Your Freedom'
Go here to download the 20 page PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ic9rh9p4rlw8oi

Last edited by roadglide on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn” Proverbs 29:2
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

http://www.reviveamericanow.info

Back to top Go down

RENDER UNTO CAESAR? Empty Re: RENDER UNTO CAESAR?

Post by roadglide Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 am

For those of you who insist on misquoting Bible verses such as, "Render Unto Caesar", I would like to remind you that in the United states of America our government is our public servant and have two lawful functions.

1) to protect our borders, and

2) protect our God given rights.  Since this country is OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE, who actually is Caesar.  Following is an excerpt from "How to Regain Your Freedom" I wrote 30 years ago and has helped thousands of believers understand what is going on around them.  I'm sorry to say...some of you may not understand this writing.

A heinous false doctrine has been perpetuated through our churches that affects our and our children’s freedoms and if we do not do something about it right now we will all wake up to find ourselves in total bondage and peonage.

This false doctrine encompasses the commonly misinterpreted and misapplied Bible passages concerning our relationship and responsibility to those who have been placed in authority over us.

Let me start off by saying this: You will only understand God’s Word by keeping it grammatically and historically in perspective. Read I Cor. 2:12-15,”Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receives not the things of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ”.

When one reads a particular topic or subject, one must investigate the rest of the Bible to see how the Bible itself treats that subject. The Bible always interprets itself. II Peter 1:20 says, “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation”. The word ‘scripture’ comes from graphe (gk), which means, ‘that which is written’. To prophecy in the Bible has two meanings: First, to foretell, and second, to forth tell. The meaning in this passage is to forth tell. In other words, that which was being spoken in the early churches was, in fact, being written down as scripture. This is why verse 21 says, “For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they as they were moved by the Holy Spirit”. In short, when studying a passage in the Bible, coming up with conclusions that are not substantiated by the grammar, the context, and other Scripture is very dangerous and can lead to heresy. Error is always riding on the back of truth, so God has given Christians the formula for this dilemma. II Timothy 2:15 tells us to:Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”.

Now, let’s study the Bible passages used by public servants and modern Christendom to perpetuate blind submission to governments.

Romans 13:1-7: Examine the context of this passage. The book of Romans is written to a group of new Christians residing in the city of Rome. At about A.D. 64, it was a time of persecution and inequities administered by governing authorities. Very simply, the Apostle Paul in chapter 13 is giving them God Inspired (God Breathed) instruction as to their duty, as Christians, to the present governing authorities. First, Romans 12:1 says, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service”. Verse 2 says, And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God”.

And then, after the admonishment to “be not conformed to this world” chapter 13:1 says, “Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers”. Does not the modern day interpolation (private interpretation) of Romans 13 create of conflict here? Each believer (those who’s soul belongs only to Christ) is to subject his soul to higher powers. Before we go any further, let me remind you that we, as Christians, are beseeched to be workmen while studying the Word of God, and put it into proper perspective (rightly divide), so that we do not have to be ashamed (embarrassed).

Here is the key to this passage. ‘Subject’ means to obey. Obey higher powers. Many people and even some prominent pastors today, try to say this is referring to governing authorities in America, and that we must do whatever our government says. They pre-suppose that the higher power was Caesar or government of Rome, and this applies to us today. Is this what the Bible teaches? Is it really?

No Pastor/teacher or student of the Bible has any business accepting this shallow interpretation. Let me ask you a question. How can we be “not conformed to this world” and “subject our souls” to worldly governing authorities at the same time? Maybe you should read on so you can understand what God’s Word is saying to you here.

The Greek word for ‘higher’ in this verse is huperecho. It means supreme.
The Greek word for ‘power’ in this verse is exousia. It means authority.

The word ‘power’ in the Bible is only used to refer to God or those who have been delegated by absolute authority, which is from God alone. Therefore, this verse is admonishing every Christian to subject his soul to, or obey the highest or supreme authority. In verse 1, it also says, “For there is no power but of God: Let’s think about what this is saying. The word ‘but’ has been watered down in our understanding of modern day English, just like many other words you could probably think of, such as ‘fast’ (tight), or ‘quick’ (alive). The more literal translation is, “there is no power IF NOT of God”. Therefore, if a Christian wishes to follow God, he must reject any authority that is in opposition to God and His word. Remember, Romans 12:1 said for Christians to “be not conformed to this world” (be a non-conformist). This brings up a very fundamental question. At what point in a Christian’s life is it his right and duty to be civilly disobedient? I knew you would ask!

Let’s look at the first of many Scriptural examples. Acts 17:1-7, in the context leading up to this verse, Paul, Silas and devout Greek Christians were preaching Christ and stirring up a large crowd. It says, “They had turned the world upside down”. Why? Read verse 7. They were all doing contrary to the decrees (laws) of Caesar”.

In Matthew 28:18,Christ said, "All power (authority) (exousia) is given unto me in heaven and in earth"

Since our Lord and Savior has all the power (authority), where does that leave our public servants, judges and legislators? The authority that is bestowed on them is in delegated areas only.

Look at Romans 13:3-4, "for rulers (of God) are not a terror to good works" (good works as defined by God's terms in God's Word), but to the evil (works).

"For he is the minister of God to thee (to Christians who have subjected their souls to the Supreme Authority) for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword (of execution and revenge) in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger (for God) to execute (carry out) (God's) wrath upon him that doeth evil" (breaks God's Laws).

Who is 'he' in verse 4? Does it refer to your public servants or to "God's arrangement of authority”? If this passage referred to government workers (public servants) as ministers of God, then they must in every case, work for good and against evil. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to find this to be true, but it just isn't so. Please notice that the verse gives no leeway for the 'he' to mix good with evil, but in ALL CASES must be FOR good and AGAINST evil. This verse is speaking only of God’s perfect plan of authority.

With all that said, the word power (exousia) also means jurisdiction. God has carefully outlined the jurisdiction (area of authority) for civil authorities. Their jobs are simply to protect the lives and property of those who obey God's Laws and punish those who break them. Welfare, social security, government supported abortion including partial birth abortion, land control, zoning, and a myriad of other functions now performed or sanctioned by government were never intended, nor granted by God. Our government, using the IRS, forces citizens to pay for these sins through confiscating the fruit of our labor under the guise of income taxes.

Wherefore, if not granted by God, any activity by government in any of these areas of un-granted authority is unlawful and government officials become the evildoers. To obey such rulers is to surrender the sovereignty of God, abolish any attempt to worship, and makes us co-conspirators in crime in rebellion against God.

Romans 13:5 says, "Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake."

Subject to what? The Christian is to subject himself to every authority that is NOT in opposition to God's arrangement of authority.

The Apostle Paul tells us many times that God has executed judgment on nations because they forsook His arrangement of authority, and replaced it with their own.

. Romans 13:6 says, "For this cause pay ye tribute also.."

For what cause? God's arrangement of authority in verse 4, and the fact that this plan was instituted by God to be a minister of God to us for good, and for the cause of punishing evil. There is no command to pay taxes for the rulers of wickedness, and their evil deeds. Does your government really do God's work and serve the individual citizen? NO! Because of God's arrangement of authority, you need only to pay tribute to those servants of God who are devoting themselves continually to His plan.

Romans 13:7 says, "Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor. Where, in this passage does it refer to government workers? It refers to AUTHORITIES; any time the concept of government is added, it shifts the idea from God's arrangement of authority to man's plan of human government, which was never intended. Do you give to anyone who makes a demand upon you? Is this what a Christian is supposed to do? Did you demand from them their written Delegation of Authority? Did you know you have the right to? You are opening yourself up to a nightmare, even when you voluntarily give to agencies, churches and organizations that promote unrighteousness. Nothing is due to anyone who is working in opposition to God and his arrangement of authority. When you give, are you making sure that you are financing Godly principles, rather than helping to perpetuate evil, and unlawful obligations on those who are subject only to the higher power, and jurisdiction of our King of kings and Lord of lords?

Let’s look at I Peter 2: 13-17. "Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake; whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king".

Peter says, "Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man." If this means we are to obey every law of man, then Peter is in violation of his own words. In Acts 5:29 Peter states: "We ought to obey God rather than men”.

Peter says here that God is to be ‘feared’ and civil authority is to be ‘honored’. The function of the state is to punish those who do wrong and commend those who do right. The state is to be a ministry of justice. It is alarmingly clear here that we are being taught that this is the Divine order of Authority. What are Christians supposed to do when the state does that which violates its legitimate function? The early Christians were imprisoned and were even tortured because they would not obey the state in civil matters.
Right here, God specifically tells us not to use our liberty as a cloke (covering) for maliciousness (evil). Right now, Christians are hiding their light under a bushel. We have been wrongly taught that we are to obey authorities whether they are good or not.

Does the word ‘submit’ in Scripture mean to obey? The word, ‘ordinance’ in this verse means institution, not law. I may have to submit to persecution, such as the institution of jail, torture or death (remember Romans 12,”present your bodies a living sacrifice”), but I don't have to obey all their laws and regulations, when they are ungodly. Romans 13 says our soul is only subject to the Supreme Authority.

Does the Bible teach us that Caesar has a certain realm of obedience and God has another realm of obedience? Absolutely not! Caesar must come in line with God. My Bible teaches that there is "Only one King: Jesus." Remember, it was ungodly Jews who said, "... no king but Caesar."

Maybe you should ask yourself this question. Why did Caesar have the Apostle Paul beheaded if Paul was teaching obedience to Caesar’s government? There would be no cause for action against Paul. Paul had become a threat to Caesar because he was teaching and promoting a rival government, which was the Kingdom of God.

In Matthew 17:24-27, Was our Lord accused of refusing to pay taxes to Caesar? Do you think this accusation was true? Of course it was, if this is what this text is talking about. It is interesting to me that Matthew was a tax collector before he was saved, and this is the only record of this particular event. Actually, these verses have a much deeper meaning than what you have been lead to believe. The tribute that is being talked about here is a Temple Tax. Compare Exodus 30:13 and 38:26. Here is another example of Scripture interpreting itself. Christ was born under the law to fulfill the law on our behalf. This tax was a flat tax for the purpose of maintaining the temple. The amount for everyone was two drachmas, which was about two days wages. Both rich and poor paid the same tax. No one, including your pastor have any business equating this with the so-called income tax that illegally plagues our society.

Jesus overturning the money changer's table, shows us that it is quite evident that He did not approve of taxing and converting the citizen's private property just for the right to exist,. Let me ask you. What right does a satanic organization such the IRS have dipping their hand into your offering plate and taking the gifts that were meant for the Lord’s work?

The majority of pastors today, unwittingly persuade Christians to bow to ungodly laws of government. They quote Matthew 22:21 where Jesus said: “Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's”. Jesus was simply saying; if God is your God, render to Him; if Caesar is your god, render to Caesar. Or, if government is your god, then obey it; if God is your God, then obey Him.

Caesar is dead. You cannot apply his government to the government of the United States of America. This whole context is an object lesson to us Christians (Christ Ones). Caesar was an ungodly dictator, and had absolute rule over his territory. Not only that, but he demanded to be worshiped as a sovereign. Obedience and acknowledgment of his power to grant permission and license was required before you could worship any other god.

“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn” Proverbs 29:2
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

http://www.reviveamericanow.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Thank you Roadglide !  There is some great information to digest in this post!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by papa4 Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Render unto Caesar is a MUST READ  for everyone whose church affiliation even begins to suggest that obedience to pay federal income tax is mandatory for a christian. HOGWASH!!! Read and learn and obey God!

papa4

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum