Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Barzani warns he could dump Maliki

2 posters

Go down

Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  Empty Barzani warns he could dump Maliki

Post by Ponee Wed May 14, 2014 11:41 am

Barzani warns he could dump Maliki

ARBIL: The president of Iraqi Kurdistan, Masoud Barzani, said Iraq had been led in an authoritarian direction by Prime Minister Nouri Al Maliki and threatened to end the oil-rich autonomous region’s participation in the federal government.

The incumbent premier’s rivals, both Shi’ite and Sunni, are hoping Barzani and the Kurds will help them thwart Maliki’s bid to stay in office for four more years.

Barzani said Kurdish parties would meet as soon as the results of the election were officially announced to decide how to proceed in negotiations over the government formation.

The talks could drag on for months.

“All options are on the table,” Barzani told Reuters in an interview on Monday.

“It is time for final decisions. We are not going to wait another decade and go through the same experience again.

“If we boycott the process, we will boycott everything (parliament and the government).” Such a move would be the first of its kind for the Kurds, who have been a partner in the national government since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, and would put added strain on the country’s already fraying federal unity.

Barzani conceded Maliki was not solely to blame for Iraq’s troubles, but said as prime minister and commander in chief of the armed forces he ultimately bore the responsibility.

“There was no partnership, and it was totalitarianism,” said Barzani of governance in Iraq under Maliki over the past four years.

“He is the number one responsible for it. He was capable of not allowing the whole process to go in that direction.”

“The authorities in Baghdad want to control everything ... It is not acceptable to us. We want to be partners; we don’t want to be subjects.” Barzani emphasised repeatedly his dispute with Maliki, who once fought against deposed dictator Saddam Hussein alongside the Kurds, was “not personal,” said he had changed since becoming prime minister.

“The Maliki that we knew before being in power was different than the Maliki who has been in power,” he said.

Despite the hostilities, some Kurdish officials admit in private a deal could be reached with Maliki, if only to buy time while their region, no longer believing in an alliance with Baghdad, pulls away.

The Kurds are already moving towards economic independence, and late last year finished building an oil pipeline to Turkey that could in theory make them self-sufficient, further riling Baghdad, which slashed funding to the region in revenge.

“Those who cut the budget of Kurdistan are going to pay the price of that decision,” Barzani said.

“If by cutting the budget and blackmailing us they think the Kurds will not continue asking for their legitimate demands, they are wrong.”

Baghdad has threatened dire consequences if exports go ahead without federal consent, but Barzani said there was no going back.

“The political decision has been made that we’re going to sell oil independently,” he said.

“We will continue producing the oil, pumping it out and selling it. If they continue escalating, we will also escalate from our side.”

Barzani made clear that the Kurds could hold a referendum on independence if Baghdad pushed them too far, repeating a threat he has made in the past.

“If they don’t like us to be with them, they should tell us and we will take another path as well,” he said.

Reuters

http://gulftoday.ae/portal/63192be1-8675-458c-803b-0c34e571d19a.aspx
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  Empty Re: Barzani warns he could dump Maliki

Post by Kevind53 Wed May 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Interesting ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  2805820865  Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  2805820865  Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  2805820865  Barzani warns he could dump Maliki  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum