Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo

3 posters

Go down

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo Empty Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo

Post by Ponee Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 am

05/13/2014

TNT:

Wadeo:  Before Kuwait revalued their currency in 1991 they announced new Banking Policies! Iraq has just done the same!    

AFTER THE WAR; No Electricity but Kuwait Reopens Its Banks

By DONATELLA LORCH, Special to The New York Times
Published: March 25, 1991

It still has no water and little electricity or food, but Kuwait revived its banking system today, introducing a new currency.

Banks reopened for the first time since Iraqi occupation forces shut them down in December. Thousands of people lined up to exchange their old Kuwaiti dinars for crisp new ones and to withdraw a limited amount of money.

Without electricity, the banks services were slow, limited to money exchange and withdrawal. There was no telex, no electronic money transfer and no telephones. The computers were unusable, so all transactions had to be entered by hand.

"It's like going back 20 years," said Mohammed al-Yahya, the manager of the Commercial Bank of Kuwait, the nation's second-largest bank.

Seized Dinars Canceled

The Central Bank is canceling the value of Kuwaiti dinars that were seized from the Central Bank and put into circulation by the Iraqis. The invalid serial numbers were posted today in front of all banks in the city.

All other old dinars can be exchanged for new ones on a one-to-one rate until May 7, when the old dinars become invalid. The new official exchange rate is 3.47 American dollars for one new Kuwaiti dinar.

Although it is severly handicapped without electricity, the Commercial Bank, like many other major banks, was able to open for business because its records had been saved from the Iraqis. Mr. Yahya hid the bank's balance sheets in his home and sent its computer records to London via Syria with an Indian employee, who packed the tapes into the back of a trailer.

The banks also face serious personnel shortages. Only 11 of the Commercial Bank's 35 branches opened today, with 137 out of 1,300 workers.

Before the Iraqi invasion, only 17 percent of the bank's staff was Kuwaiti. Many of the foreign workers -- Jordanians, Palestinians and Indians -- fled and now cannot re-enter the country.

For those exchanging money today, there was little they could buy in Kuwait. Many of those in line said they planned to use their money for vacations or for shopping trips to Saudi Arabia to buy generators and food.

"I need to get away from this pressure," said Abdul Mohammed Hussein, a computer engineer in his early 40's who said he was withdrawing 1,500 new dinars to take a vacation in the United Arab Emirates. "Everywhere you go you find lines. At the supermarket, you find lines. To get petrol for the car, you find lines."

Abdul Hamed al-Atar, a 50-year-old retired Interior Ministry official, said this was the first time he had set foot in a bank since September, and he seemed relieved. "Kuwaits always keep a lot of cash with them," he said as he was handed crisp new piles of money that he stuffed into a small bag. "It's a comfort to have money in my hands."

Photo: As Kuwaiti banks opened for the first time in months, a group waited in line to change old banknotes for new. New currency was printed to replace stocks of previous notes looted during the Iraqi occupation. (Agence France-Presse)

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/25/world/after-the-war-no-electricity-but-kuwait-reopens-its-banks.html?pagewanted=1
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo Empty Re: Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo

Post by Kevind53 Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Apples and Oranges ....

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo 2805820865  Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo 2805820865  Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo 2805820865  Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo Empty Re: Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo

Post by Goldiegirl Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Mountains versus hills.

Making Mountains out of Mole Hills - Wadeo Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd4mlJT_ncET4qPkFufXn4stL9rCvDCfXz6JIXniRMpfQxS1bL
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum