Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn

Go down

Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn Empty Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn

Post by Ponee Thu May 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Fighting income inequality: Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn
Published time: May 01, 2014 17:48

Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 mn Obama-biden.si

US President Barack Obama (R) and Vice President Joe Biden (AFP Photo / Jewel Samad)
A vacation tab racked up by President Obama and Vice President Biden has gotten pretty hefty – reaching $40 million, according to a taxpayer watchdog group

In a statement released by Judicial Watch, the group stated it had gotten its hands on documentation from the US Air Force, via Freedom of Information Act requests, that reveals the cost of flying Obama and Biden alone routinely exceeds hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour in the air.

According to the Washington Examiner, which obtained the release, the president’s two golf outings this year cost roughly $2.9 million in taxpayer funds.

Judicial Watch estimates that since 2009, American taxpayers have spent about $40 million flying Obama and Biden to various destinations – not just golf outings in Palm Springs, California, but also for vacations to Hawaii and trips to Africa.

Additionally, the group stated that even more money is spent on accommodation, vehicle transportation, Secret Service protection, and other things. The president of Judicial Watch says the amount of spending amounts to "abuse."

“It is clear that the Obamas continually abuse the perks of the president’s office at taxpayer expense,” said Tom Fitton, according to the Examiner. “And it is particularly interesting that Obama has chosen to take not one but two luxury vacations back-to-back while inveighing against ‘income equality.’ President Obama’s waste of the hard-earned tax dollars of working Americans on unnecessary luxury travel is an abuse of office.”

This isn’t the first time the cost of the president’s travel has been subject to scrutiny by Judicial Watch. In March, the group announced that Obama’s trips to Hawaii and Africa in 2013 cost nearly $16 million in flight costs alone. In particular, the trip to Africa was criticized by some after reports indicated that, based on previous presidential journeys to the continent, it could cost between $60 million and $100 million.

With the trip taking place as sequestration forced cuts in various government agencies, Obama's political opponents have criticized him for taking the trip while canceling White House tours.

“For the cost of this trip to Africa, you could have 1,350 weeks of White House tours,” Rep. George Holding (R-N.C.) said at the time. “It is no secret that we need to rein in government spending, and the Obama administration has regularly and repeatedly shown a lack of judgment for when and where to make cuts.”

But those with experience in planning presidential trips have chalked up the costs as par for the course.

“Even in the most developed places of Western Europe, the level of support you need for mass movements by the president is really extraordinary,” said Steve Atkiss, who helped coordinate travel under President George W. Bush, to the Washington Post. “As you go farther afield, to less-developed places, certainly it’s more of a logistical challenge.”
http://rt.com/usa/156212-obama-biden-vacation-tab-40/
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum