Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists

2 posters

Go down

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists Empty Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists

Post by Ponee Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

17 April 2014 Last updated at 11:40 ET

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists _74305558_7664e75f-90ad-45f6-8353-306f53187188 
A 2012 UN investigation only looked at whether chemical weapons were used in Syria, not who used them

Activists in Syria have published what they say is evidence of a chlorine gas attack by government forces.

Footage posted online, which cannot be verified, shows medics trying to revive four young men suffering what appear to be symptoms of poisoning.

A voice off-screen says the location is Harasta, just outside the capital Damascus.
Use of chlorine as a weapon of war is banned and Syria committed to declaring and giving up its stocks last year.

The face of one of the men in the video appeared to be covered in vomit, as he shook and moaned while doctors treated him.

It is the fourth chemical weapons attack the opposition has alleged this month.

Four days ago, activists said the Syrian government carried out another alleged chlorine attack north of the city of Hama. The Syrian government blamed the opposition.
Opposition activists have also posted online unverified photographs and video of what they said was an improvised chlorine "barrel" bomb dropped from helicopters on the the rebel-held village of Kfar Zeita during attacks on Friday and Saturday last week.

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists _74305555_b05c3759-12eb-4651-89d4-992acf042939 
Activists claim the Syrian military has adapted its infamous "barrel bombs" to carry chemical agents, which they say were used in an attack on Kfar Zeita village last Friday and Saturday
A UN inquiry found in December that sarin gas had likely been used in several locations around Syria, including the Damascus suburb of Jobar and the rebel-held Ghouta region around the capital, where hundreds of people were killed.

As with the recent attacks, both sides blamed each other, but the US and other Western countries concluded the government of President Bashar al-Assad was responsible.
Western countries threatened military strikes until Syria agreed to declare its chemical weapons stockpiles and hand them over to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) for destruction.

The Syrian government has since failed to meet the 5 February deadline to move its 1,300 tonnes of declared chemical warfare agents and precursors out of the country, and a subsequent 13 April deadline.

The chemicals are supposed to be completely destroyed - a process that takes at least a month - by 30 June, and the OPCW recently warned that that deadline too will be missed unless Syria significantly speeds up delivery.

Syria's 13th consignment of chemicals was shipped out of Latakia port on Monday, taking the amount removed so far to 65% of declared stockpiles.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights estimates that more than 150,000 people, a third of them civilians, have been killed in the civil war, which began as peaceful protests against President Assad's rule. The UN stopped counting at 100,000 as it said it was no longer possible to ensure the reliability of the data.

A further 2.5 million people are thought to have fled Syria since the start of the conflict, with an estimated 6.5 million people displaced inside the country.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27069315#
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists Empty Re: Syria chlorine gas attack alleged by activists

Post by Goldiegirl Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Isn't it simply amazing that these countries that don't have a pot to piss in, decent food or shelter, live in the stone age have the money to acquire the  most sophisticated weapons in the world to use against people.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum