Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Never do this in the morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Never do this in the morning

4 posters

Go down

Never do this in the morning Empty Never do this in the morning

Post by Ponee Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 am

Never do this in the morning

By Mel Robbins
updated 7:56 AM EDT, Mon April 14, 2014

Never do this in the morning 130320105648-smartphone-bed-story-top
Editor's note: Mel Robbins is a CNN commentator and founder of inspire52.com, providing daily "good news" stories and viral videos. She hosts "The Mel Robbins Show" Sundays from 7-9 p.m. on WSB 95.5 in Atlanta and News 96.5 in Orlando. In 2014, she was named Outstanding News Talk Radio Host by the Gracie Awards. The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the author.

(CNN) -- Most adults admit to the defeating habit of hitting the snooze alarm every morning.

Experts have been debating the pros and cons of the habit for years, weighing both short- and long-term effects on the body and mind. A recent article in the Wall Street

Journal, "Why You Actually Should Hit The Snooze Button," suggests an extra nine minutes of sleep can help certain types of people to "gently awaken the mind." I don't buy it, and never will.

Getting out of a warm bed is never fun, and it certainly doesn't become any easier after you've hit the snooze button several times. The truth is it's guilt that finally forces you from the sheets, yet you still don't want to have your feet hit the floor and seize the day.
So, the piece got me thinking ...

The snooze alarm might make you late or kill your plans to exercise, but it doesn't ruin your day. There's something else that you probably do (right before you push yourself out of bed) that is not only your worst habit, but completely horrendous for your well-being, happiness and success.

Think back to this morning: What's the first thing you did when you woke up?
Brush your teeth? Nope. Make coffee? Guess again.
You reached for your phone.

The question is: Why? You aren't even vertical yet. You haven't even started the day and there you are, cellphone in hand like the world won't start turning until you get lost in the screen.
Is there some text that's so important you must see it immediately? No. If there were a true emergency, you'd get a call. Is there an e-mail you need to send before you wipe the sleep from your eyes? Of course not, but you open your inbox anyway.
You aren't alone.
Recent studies suggest almost 83% of millennials sleep with their phones, and the Pew Research Center study found that 65% of all adults sleep with their phone on or right next to their bed (and that study was three years ago, so likely the number has grown).
So, why is reaching for the phone so detrimental?

Simple. There's nothing in your inbox that will help you take control of your day or serve your goals.

What are e-mails anyway? E-mails are everyone else's junk: things to do, things to buy, things to add to your to-do list, meetings to attend, places to be, reminders of deadlines. They amount to a long list of stuff that "other" people want you to pay attention to.
By checking your texts or e-mails first thing, you just let someone else set your priorities before you've had breakfast.

How you start your day sets the tone for your day, and by reaching for your phone you surrender control to others -- and your well-being, success and happiness takes a hit. Those e-mails seek your time, attention, help and brain space. It's no wonder you start your day feeling overwhelmed, sensing pressure and being in a reactive mode rather than a proactive mode.

I no longer sleep next to my phone. It's in the kitchen, close enough for me to hear the alarm and far enough away so that by the time I reach the kitchen, I'm not going back to bed. I turn off the alarm, and don't pick up the phone again until I've done a few other things to put myself in control and my priorities first.

If your phone doesn't receive e-mails, you aren't off the hook. I guarantee you either fire up the computer or tablet as soon as you leave your bedroom or as soon as you arrive at work. That means you check your inbox before you even get organized. Do not ever do that again. Before you read about a "25% off sale at Zappos," before a reminder alerts you that a PowerPoint is due, before a colleague turns you into her errand boy, take control of your day.

Don't check e-mail until you've had a chance to figure out your top three priorities for the day and perhaps, had a cup of coffee or tea with a clear mind.

Do a "brain dump" for five minutes by listing all projects, to-dos, reminders and priorities on a piece of paper. Then, highlight the top three things on the list to deal with today, things that matter most to you.

Forget about everything else you wrote down. This starts your day on the right footing. Next -- still without visiting that inbox -- open your calendar (I use an 8x11 size week-at-a-glance calendar) and find a 30-minute block in your day when you can focus on your top three things, uninterrupted.

It doesn't matter when that block happens. It can be the first 30 minutes at work, waiting in the car for your child's soccer practice to end, or after you watch a ball game tonight. Find the time and schedule it.

By not reaching for the phone and figuring out your three big priorities for the day, you've just taken control of your day and put your priorities first. You may now open your inbox.

I'm just not a snooze alarm kinda gal. I prefer to rip the bandage off and push myself out of bed as soon as I hear the alarm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/opinion/robbins-morning-habits/index.html?iid=article_sidebar
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Never do this in the morning Empty Re: Never do this in the morning

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am

Think back to this morning: What's the first thing you did when you woke up?
Brush your teeth? Nope. Make coffee? Guess again.
You reached for your phone.

Not this girl.  I wake up before any alarm wakes me up. I think I'm psychologically trained to wake up before a sound goes off. I don't like to be woken up with an alarm.  I certainly don't check any emails until I have got dressed in full winter gear and taken the new little pup outside.  Then I turn music on and then I look to see if any important emails are on the phone.

It's not good to have electronics near your head when you are sleeping.  People have become obsessively checking their email on phones. 

Speaking of phones. I watched a guy yesterday (young guy early 20s) on his phone, ear buds in his ears, crossing the street - illegally - where they was 3 lanes of traffic on that side, looking at his iphone and pushing something. He wasn't even aware I was inching up to hit him and that traffic was abounding towards him. What a dumb A$$. Can you imagine hiring him in your company?  

Never do this in the morning 3508649203
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 am

I set my alarm to go off at 4:30 and always wake up at least 2-3 minutes before it goes off. I go downstairs and feed the squirrels and the cat then morning rituals as everyone else does, then get dressed and ready for the day. No electronics near reaching distance from the bed for me. Very simple.  :okjh:

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 am

When do you eat or have your coffee? Before or after squirrels?   coffee
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 am

I have one cup of coffee at about 6:30  coffee . Then after I exercise I  usually have a banana and an apple or a pear or whatever other fruit I have.    Very Happy

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am

That's your breakfast? Fruit?  question
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:04 am

Yes, fruit in the mornings for breakfast. I eat a few more fruit during the day and snack  on veggies :appetite:

between a light lunch and dinner.    Never do this in the morning 2218296283

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 am

Don't you know why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day?  Fruit is sugar.  The body does not build muscles with sugar.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:20 am

I think there should be a new thread created called don't do this in the morning with regards to food.

I also believe food nutrition should be taught in the schools.  You wouldn't have the issues we face today sucking up the health care systems. Much of what happens with disease is self induced with poor nutrition and unawareness of how our body works and needs those for manufacturing cells, bones and muscles.

:spring1:
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am

I know but I remember learning that in high school we did have classes on nutrition. I also have bagels and cream cheese at times too. I do indulge in a breakfast skillet every now and again. I love eggs sandwiches too, so not 100% always fruits I do mix it up from time to time.  :juggle:

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 am

When you went to school they didn't understand nutrition they way they do now. Bagels and cream cheese all carbs and fats.

Fruit is sugar. Fruit by itself his the blood stream gives your pancreas a sign "hey too much sugar in the blood", and send out receptors to increase insulin to lower the blood sugar.  You get a high then a crash (hence the insulin surge).

Too much insulin (besides putting on weight) creates havoc in the body with tissue, muscle and cell development and repair.  Fruit is an OK thing but not a great thing.

You will find Nathopaths know farm more about what the body does with certain foods that ANY doctor or most traditional nutritionists out there.

You would be surprised what is known now and how we were all lead to believe the old school nutrition guidelines.

He's a kicker. An egg a day will not give you high cholesterol. WOW..yes you can eat them again. Want to loose weight take in more protein eat more egg whites. Want more B vitamins that we need for much of our health eat the yolks. I was watching a program recently that duck eggs were the best for vitamins.

Egg yolks contain more vitamins, both the type and number compared with the egg white. Each egg yolk contains seven vitamins, such as vitamin B6, B-12, A, D, E, K, and folate. Vitamin A, D, E and K are only found in egg yolk only, not in the egg whites. - See more at: http://letsgohealthy.blogspot.ca/2013/02/egg-yolk-benefits-you-must-know.html#sthash.H0HpiZ6G.dpuf
Never do this in the morning Eggs+yolk

:polk:
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

This is great, I should have you make me a menu for the week.  :juggle: I would certainly be well fed.  Never do this in the morning 1211619650

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 pm

I can do menus, I just don't cook it. You're on your own. 

I have done them for friends who wanted a new "meal plan" (I don't like the word diet) so they can have some of the things they love but get the right type of food for their goals.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm

I can too. Cooked in the military for 71/2 years. I do not like the word "diet" either sounds very final because the first three letters are "die".  Never do this in the morning 3508649203  Never do this in the morning 3508649203  Never do this in the morning 3508649203

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 pm

I usually read emails/news with my coffee. As far as breakfast, usually eggs, low fat ;meat, and 1/2 English muffin ... (home made so about half again larger than Thomas' .. Oatmeal or homemade granola on alternate days.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Never do this in the morning 2805820865  Never do this in the morning 2805820865  Never do this in the morning 2805820865  Never do this in the morning 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Saint, you're hired.  I'll make the menus and you can work your magic.

Never do this in the morning 2834342768 

Kevin, did you bake your muffins yourself? 

I baked my own bran muffins this week.  I'm not much of a baker.

face to face
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum