Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap

Go down

Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap Empty Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap

Post by alleyrose Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:43 pm

What you’ll need

• Find a 5-gallon bucket. I bought mine from WalMart because I wanted a white bucket, but you can buy yours from anywhere, from Home Depot, to Lowe’s, to Target.

• Mod Podge. This is like random, but seriously, mod-podging the instructions right to the container you plan to use is an important tool for not losing the instructions and for protecting them on the container itself. I use Mod-Podge to first glue the instructions to the container. Then I brush Mod-Podge over the top of the instructions to seal them from water damage. Don’t have Mod-Podge? Use Emler’s white glue instead to glue and to protect.

• A stir stick. It doesn’t matter if you grab one of the taller ones Home Depot offers for free in the paint department or you use a clean dowel you have laying around.

• Borax: I bought mine at a local big box seller. You can also check out the Borax site and locate stores.

• Washing Soda. This was the hardest for me to locate, and it was cheapest to purchase online. I think Ace Hardware also sells it.

• Dr. Bronners: I found mine at Walgreens, but it’s also sold everywhere, from Krogers, to Sprouts, to Super Target. You can also buy it online.

• Essential Oil: Buy this anywhere essential oils are found. I typically shop online at amazon.com, but I’ve seen it at Sprouts, too. Sometimes soap suppliers also sell it (I’ve seen it at the larger craft stores in the candlemaking/soap supply aisle).

• Water. It’s essential.

• A large stock pot. I use one that is vastly huge and holds a spankload of water.

• A 1/2 cup measuring device. I typically use a leftover liquid measuring cup from other laundry detergent products.

• A container for easy dispensing is optional. I use a leftover laundry dispenser that allows you to press a bulb to release liquid into the cup. It works well, has a handle, and is easy to store in the cupboard. You can also use milk jugs, soda bottles, old bleach bottles (just be sure to obviously mark your bottles so people know it’s laundry soap. A ribbon tied around the neck or through the handle is a good indicator that your once-time bleach bottle is no longer bleach.

Ooh La La Lavender Laundry Soap
2 cups Borax
2 cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1/3 Cup Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap
20 drops Lavender essential oil
½ bar Shredded Dr. Bronners Bar Soap
Fill a stock pot ¾ full with water. Dissolve Borax and Washing Soda in the water. Add Liquid soap, lavender and bar soap. Stir occasionally until almost at a boil. Remove from heat. Pour into a 5 gallon bucket. Add hot water to the bucket until the 5-gallon bucket is nearly full. Stir. The mixture will gel overnight.
Use ½ cup detergent per load.
As a fabric softener, add ½ cup white vinegar + enough water to the center fabric softener receptacle to fill it.
Benefits of the laundry soap

• Easy to make

• It’s less expensive.

• It smells just as pretty

• So many scent options

• My clothes are soft

• Clothes don’t get moldy when forgotten

• Clothes aren’t fading fast

• Products used can be applied directly to the skin

Disclaimer: The product is not in any way, shape or form Sanrio-approved. I just seriously love Hello Kitty. I am a high-bling girl when it comes to my homemade stuff, so Hello Kitty had to adorn my bucket.
I like my laundry soap super-scented, so I make sure all of my products have the same smell, from the Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap to the bar soap, to the essential oil. You can go with Jojoba, Hemp, Fresh Cotton, or even mix and match scents. I love lavender, and for my first foray into the world of scented products, I went 100% lavender.
http://yourlighterside.com/2013/04/ooh-la-la-lavender-laundry-soap/

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum