Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough

3 posters

Go down

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough Empty Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough

Post by Ponee Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 am

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough Sunnie_featured

By Sarah Fruchtnicht, Tue, March 25, 2014

A Virginia Christian school told an 8-year-old girl’s grandparents that she’s too much like a boy for them to offer her enrollment for the next school year.
Sunnie Kahle’s grandparents received a letter from Timberlake Christian School that said the 8-year-old’s short hair had other students confused about whether she’s a boy or a girl. The principal wrote that Sunnie, who loves sports and sneakers, doesn’t meet the school’s “biblical standards,” according to WSET.

Sunnie’s grandparents, Doris and Carroll Thompson, decided to pull her out of the school when they learned she wasn’t welcome there anymore.

"How do you label a child, eight years old, or discriminate against an 8-year-old child?" said her grandfather, Carroll Thompson.

Now attending a public school, Sunnie misses her old friends.
"She cries every morning to get on the bus, she cries when she comes home because she wants to go back to Timberlake Christian with her friends," Doris Thompson said.
"You're probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment," Doris read from a part of the letter.

The letter says the private school reserves the right to refuse enrollment for condoning sexual immorality, practicing a homosexual lifestyle, or an alternative gender identity.
"We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education,” the letter said.

The Thompsons say their granddaughter isn't confused about her gender.
"Sunnie says, 'I'm a girl, I know I'm a girl' and she said then you know, you're acting like and looking, and wanting to look and act like a boy" said Doris.

"How do you tell a child when she wants to wear pants, a shirt, and go out and play in the mud and so forth, how do you tell her, no you can't? You've got to wear a pink bow in your hair, and you've got to let your hair grow out long, how do you do that? I can't do that," said Doris.

A school administrator told WSET that the problem with Sunnie goes a lot further than hair length, stating that "things disturbed the classroom environment."

The school’s website says, "TCS strives for academic excellence with a Christ-centered, discipleship focus. Students are grounded in the truths and implications of the Gospel through the preaching and teaching of our daily Bible classes, weekly chapels and accountability groups, as well as a curriculum consistently taught from a biblical worldview."
Sources: WSET, Jezebel

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/christian-school-kicks-out-8-year-old-girl-not-being-feminine-enough
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough Empty Re: Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough

Post by Kevind53 Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 am

Gotta love those religious spirits ... my daughter Jen would have been kicked out to, not because of short hair, but she did not like girlie activities ... she preferred football etc. with the boys and liked to rock climb, mountain bike, shoot, fish, hike and camp ... real camping, not that wussy camper stuff.  Not here fault she had a father who raised her outdoors, a big brother who was a total jock, and seven boys, all sports oriented, next door. She's still that way, but can be as feminine as can be when she wants to.

OH BTW, her senior pictures? We hiked a mountain so I could shoot her climbing the cliffs near the top with the town in the background. bigsmile 

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough 2805820865  Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough 2805820865  Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough 2805820865  Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough Empty Re: Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough

Post by Goldiegirl Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm

I don't wish to be mean, but for 8 yrs old she's overweight. Perhaps the grandparents are not feeding her correctly. I find that many young children today are overweight. Diabetes in children and teens is rising in the USA.  Too  much junk food or processed food due to lack of money.  She might look less like a boy if she wasn't so heavy.

As for her hair, well yes it does look a bit boyish.  I think she could have it short but not looking like her grandmother cut her hair.

As for her clothes, who cares what she is wearing as long as it's clean and not torn.

If the "Christian" school wishes students to dress a certain way they should institute a uniform. There you go, problem solved.  You can tell from the uniform what her sex is and no it does not have to be a skirt. It can be pants for girls if they wish or with some of the kids in my area, they wear skorts when it's warmer.

This is going to ruin her life forever. When I was 8 yrs old I had to get a pair of glasses.  The teasing (it would be considered bullying now) was more than I can take. Lucky for me I didn't turn out to be a serial killer. Instead I became a successful business person.  I showed them.

Hopefully this little girl will go on and achieve greatness. It's the best revenge especially when you go back to school reunions.  

Christian School Kicks Out 8-Year-Old Girl For Not Being Feminine Enough 1656125192
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum