Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game

Go down

WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game Empty WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game

Post by Ponee Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game

WHAT were they THINKING???? ---Texas Police Officers Turned Confiscating Signs From Homeless Into A Game H

By Will Hagle, Fri, March 07, 2014

Two Texas police officers were recently suspended without pay after an internal affairs investigation uncovered that they had held a competition amongst themselves to see which officer could confiscate the most cardboard signs from homeless individuals in Midland, their area of jurisdiction. Although the officers were suspended due to the fact that panhandling does not actually violate any city laws, they were only relieved of their duties for three days.
Midland Police Chief Price Robinson explained that the officers received a just punishment, and that the situation was made clear to the rest of the staff.

“We want to respect people, no matter who they are — homeless, whatever,” Robinson said. "The situation’s been dealt with. Those officers understand"

The officers Robinson is referencing are Derek Hester and Daniel Zoelzer, both of whom were found in possession of about ten cardboard signs that they had confiscated from individuals throughout the city over the course of about two weeks. According to the Dallas News, Midland has a population of about 300 homeless individuals.

Hester and Zoelzer both claimed that they confiscated the signs after issuing criminal trespass warnings, but there are no police records of such warnings being given to homeless people in Midland during 2013. Vice reports that the majority of the signs confiscated by the officers were innocuous pleas for support, such as one that read, “Anything helps, God bless.”

Although many have argued that Hester and Zoelzer deserved a stricter punishment, the two remain active on the Midland Police force.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/texas-police-officers-turned-confiscating-signs-homeless-game
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum