Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday

Go down

Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday Empty Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday

Post by Horizon Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 am

Venezuela says new currency platform to begin operations Monday
CARACAS, March 6 Thu Mar 6, 2014 7:59pm EST

(Reuters) - Venezuela on Monday will begin operations of a new currency platform designed to ease the OPEC nation's dollar shortages through a market-based mechanism, the country's top economic official said on Thursday.
The platform called Sicad 2 will add a third exchange rate to the 11-year-old currency controls that sell dollars at 6.3 bolivars for preferential goods and at 11 for other items, both far below the 80 bolivars that greenbacks fetch on the black market.
Sicad takes its name from the Spanish acronym for the Complementary Administration System for Foreign Exchange.
"This mechanism will, as established by the law, allow for (currency) transactions between private individuals, and it's going to function soon ... it will begin operations as of Monday," Economy Vice President Rafael Ramirez said in comments broadcast on state television.
The black market has steadily strengthened over the last week after reaching nearly 90 bolivars, driven in part by expectations that the new system could boost dollar supplies.
The country has suffered chronic shortages of basic goods ranging from toilet paper to corn flour as the 11-year-old currency control mechanism has left businesses struggling to obtain the dollars they need.
The government last month paved the way for Sicad 2 by reforming the Exchange Crimes Law to allow businesses and individuals to take part in foreign exchange transactions. That activity had been previously reserved for the central bank.
Sicad 2 will hold auctions every day, with the amount on offer to be based on demand rather than a set amount, Ramirez said last month.
Buyers will not have to describe what the dollars will be used for when they bid, unlike in other foreign exchange mechanisms that exist under the currency controls.Ven

Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Venezuela says new Currency Platform begins Monday 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum