Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money

Go down

Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money  Empty Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Take notes Colorado, California just made Bitcoins legal money

February 21, 2014

Colorado should be taking notes from California who became the first state to classify virtual currencies as legal money with the passage of bill AB129 yesterday.

According to California Senate Banking and Financial Institutions Committee, “This bill makes clarifying changes to current law to ensure that various forms of alternative currency such as digital currency, points, coupons, or other objects of monetary value do not violate the law when those methods are used for the purchase of goods and services or the transmission of payments. Modern methods of payment have expanded beyond the typical cash or credit card transactions. “

Colorado Bitcoin Attorney, Benjamin Yablon commented that “the pace of change surrounding Bitcoin is astounding. Making Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies legal and safe is the first step to their widespread adoption. They are giving a green light to Bit-entrepreneurs to sink their money and time into California's economy.”

The Banking and Finance documents state “These point systems effectively operate as currency allowing the consumers to buy a retail item or pay for some type of service. Many communities across the United States and in California have created "community currencies" that are created by members of a community in conjunction with merchants who agree to accept the alternative currency.”

Yablon sees California’s passage of AB 129 as an opportunity for a new generation of monetary innovation. “We have a vibrant tech sector here and far fewer state wide economic problems.” Colorado doesn’t seem to be far behind creating its own legislation to address virtual currencies. Yablon is currently working to draft a similar bill for Colorado. “In my law practice I have several ways to help achieve the same kind of confidence building measure that a bill like this delivers. Step one is to make the investment in Bitcoins safe”

With the unanimous approval AB 129 the bill will be heading to the Governor’s desk. “When mainstream consumers and investors really start to feel confident in Bitcoin as a physical object that is housed in an insured cold storage facility, widespread adoption is inevitable.” Let’s hope Colorado embraces virtual currencies with the same progressive thinking and excitement that California is demonstrating.

http://www.examiner.com/article/take-notes-colorado-california-just-passed-law-making-bitcoins-legal-money

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum