Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash

Go down

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash Empty Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash

Post by Ponee Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash

By Sarah Fruchtnicht, Sat, February 15, 2014

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash POW

A photograph of an airman tongue-kissing a painting of the Prisoner of War-Missing In Action symbol went viral this week, sparking a backlash from offended veterans.
The photo, taken almost three years ago, was recently posted on several Facebook pages. In it, Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers of the 92nd Security Forces Squadron at Fairchild Air Force Base, Spokane, Wash., licks the face of the POW silhouette.

Marine Corps veteran Michael Kelley told the Air Force Times he felt "blind fury and disgust" when he saw the picture.

"There's absolutely no reason to have done anything like that," Kelley said. "It goes completely against everything that we're taught in the military from Day 1. She failed herself; she's failed the Air Force and the military community as a whole by doing something that disrespectful and then having it get out to the world like that."

Byers is now the subject of a command-direct investigation into whether the image constitutes disciplinary measures.

"It's a concern any time someone shows disrespect for prisoners of war and those missing in action," Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody said in a statement to Air Force Times. "They deserve our utmost respect, and we must always remember their sacrifice and the legacy they've left for us as men and women serving our nation.”

Kelley said the image represents a “cultural problem” in the Air Force.

"It seems like one thing after another with this complete lack of respect for the basic principles of being in a military service," said Kelley

Cody said the image does not speak for the other airmen.

"I want to make it clear that this is not a reflection of airmen who wear this uniform; it is a case of poor judgment of one airman ... to say we are disappointed would be an understatement,” Cody said. “We are gathering all the details and will take appropriate action at the appropriate level. Our airmen fully understand the significance of the POW/MIA flag and the sacrifice of the men and women it honors.”

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/photo-air-force-staff-sgt-cherish-byers-tongue-kissing-pow-mia-symbol-sparks-backlash

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash Empty Re: Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash

Post by Ponee Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Photo of airman kissing POW-MIA symbol causes uproar

Feb. 14, 2014 - 06:00AM

Photo Of Air Force Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers Tongue-Kissing POW-MIA Symbol Sparks Backlash Bilde?Site=M6&Date=20140214&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=302140019&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Photo-airman-kissing-POW-MIA-symbol-causes-uproar

This photo, showing a woman wearing an Air Force uniform kissing a Prisoner of War-Missing in Action symbol, has been posted on several Facebook pages and has infuriated bloggers and veterans. (Facebook)

A picture showing an airman tongue-kissing a Prisoner of War-Missing in Action symbol has gone viral, infuriating bloggers and veterans.

The airman has been identified as Staff Sgt. Cherish Byers, of the 92nd Security Forces Squadron at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Wash., said Staff Sgt. Alex Montes, a spokesman for the 92nd Air Refueling Wing.

Byers is the subject of a command-directed investigation that will determine if any disciplinary measures are warranted, Montes told Air Force Times on Friday. The picture was taken about three years ago but investigators don't yet know where it was taken.

Byers could not be reached for comment on Friday evening. In the picture, she is wearing a senior airman's rank insignia and a blue rope. There is no indication where she is.

Byers' behavior is certainly concerning to the Air Force, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Cody said Friday in a statement to Air Force Times.

"It's a concern any time someone shows disrespect for prisoners of war and those missing in action," Cody said in the statement. "They deserve our utmost respect, and we must always remember their sacrifice and the legacy they've left for us as men and women serving our nation.

"I want to make it clear that this is not a reflection of airmen who wear this uniform; it is a case of poor judgment of one airman ... to say we are disappointed would be an understatement. We are gathering all the details and will take appropriate action at the appropriate level. Our airmen fully understand the significance of the POW/MIA flag and the sacrifice of the men and women it honors," Cody said.
The picture has been posted on several Facebook pages, prompting a barrage of angry responses online.

"Let me put this out there seeing as I'm an Air Force veteran ... no matter what uniform she was wearing this is disrespectful anyways," Tara Marie Murray wrote on the "Military Mind's Photos" Facebook page.

Marine Corps vetern Michael Kelley felt "blind fury and disgust" when he saw the picture, he said Friday in an inteview with Air Force Times.

"There's absolutely no reason to have done anything like that," Kelley said. "It goes completely against everything that we're taught in the military from Day 1. She failed herself; she's failed the Air Force and the military community as a whole by doing something that disrespectful and then having it get out to the world like that."

He said the picture reflects a wider "cultural problem" in the Air Force that is also evidenced by the cheating scandal involving Air Force missile officers at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
"It seems like one thing after another with this complete lack of respect for the basic principles of being in a military service," said Kelley, who left the Marine Corps in 2003 as a lance corporal.?

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140214/NEWS/302140019/Photo-airman-kissing-POW-MIA-symbol-causes-uproar

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum