Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AMERICA’S COLOR REVOLUTION — Brought To You By The U.S. Intelligence Community & Coming To A City Near You
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 5:58 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 5:49 am by kenlej

» I am too pretty for math, but....
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism

2 posters

Go down

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Empty Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism

Post by Ponee Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Helping Others Can Help You: Health and Personal Benefits of Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism

Posted by Allie Mendoza on July 10, 2009

By Allie Mendoza

Random acts of kindness, volunteering and other forms of altruism can have health and personal benefits. Helping others can help enrich your spiritual health, growth and development. It can give you a greater sense of well-being, personal significance and fulfillment in your life.

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 500906697_2bf2ba28c9
Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Creative_commons_bw by Army.mil
— US Army Staff Sgt. Nick Crosby helps an Iraqi woman cross a water-filled street during a mission in Al Risalah, Iraq.

Even a single act of altruism can have ripple effects on many people. It has direct benefits on the recipient of that altruistic act. In addition, it can give the person helping a “helper’s high” — feelings of pleasure and well-being are often reported by people when they help others. Furthermore, it can even stimulate healthy responses in people observing the altruistic act.

According to The Healing Power of Doing GoodRandom Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Ir?t=easy-ways-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0595175910 (Luks and Payne, 1991), altruism can have powerful health and healing benefits:

• A sense of well-being, exhilaration and euphoria.
  • A more positive and happier outlook on life.
  • Decreased feeling of helplessness, loneliness and depression.
  • Decreased stress as well as a greater sense of calmness, relaxation and serenity.
  • A greater sense of connectedness with others.
  • Reduction of high blood pressure and other cardiovascular effects.
  • Reduction of aches and pains, for example, decreased headaches and back pain as well as relief from arthritis.
  • A stronger immune system.
  • Faster recovery from surgery.
  • Decreased cancer activity.

How does altruism produce these health and healing effects?
According to Dr. Herbert Benson in The Relaxation ResponseRandom Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Ir?t=easy-ways-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0380815958, the act of helping others helps us take our mind off our own problems; this can lead stress reduction.

Helper’s high, which is often associated with altruism, creates a feel-good sensation as well as a greater sense of self-esteem and well-being. In turn, what is associated with helper’s high is increased production of endorphins in the brain; endorphins are morphine-like substances in our body. In addition to the feeling of bliss that it gives, endorphins also help in the reduction of pain.

Random acts of kindness, volunteering and other forms of altruism can reduce damaging health effects of stressful events in our life. Regular practice of brief and simple acts of kindness has been found to have the greatest effect on well-being.

One of the most challenging tasks we all face is the search for true meaning and purpose in our lives. Without finding our life’s meaning and purpose, it can be very difficult to find joy and satisfaction in what we do and what we have.

When we connect with and enrich the lives of others through altruism, we enrich ourselves — we connect with the very best part of ourselves. In turn, this helps enrich our community. This further magnifies the health and personal benefits of altruism on everyone.

http://easy-ways.com/helping-others-can-help-you-health-and-personal-benefits-of-random-acts-of-kindness-volunteering-and-other-forms-of-altruism

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Empty Re: Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism

Post by Kevind53 Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 pm

bigsmile 

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism Empty Re: Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism

Post by Ponee Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Doesn't seem to be very altruistic if you are doing it so that YOU can feel good... Just saying.  Wink

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:03 pm

True, you do it because it is right ... and it makes you feel good. I have been meditating on 1 Cor 13, and as I reflect upon it, it's all about the heart. If we do not act from an overflow of the heart filled with the Love of the Father, than it does not matter. If what we do does not flow naturally from an outworking of His Love in us, then we are acting out of works. What we do might be good, it might be worthy, even commendable, but it will not have life in it, so we will be left with dead works.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865  Random Acts of Kindness, Volunteering and Other Forms of Altruism 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum