Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Is Iraq heading toward civil war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Is Iraq heading toward civil war

2 posters

Go down

Is Iraq heading toward civil war Empty Is Iraq heading toward civil war

Post by rick152 Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Saw this article today and wanted to see what you all think / feel about it.

Just two years after U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq, the U.S.

ambassador there says the country may be one suicide attack away from a full-on civil war.
“We’re in a very precarious situation where a misstep anywhere could set off larger conflicts within the country, and that's what we need to stay away from,” Ambassador Robert Stephen Beecroft told “On the Radar” during an interview at the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. “The wrong person gets killed, the wrong mosque gets attacked and exploded and you run the risk of sectarian conflict.”

Beecroft said 2,000 “hard core” extremists are estimated to be provoking sectarian violence within the country.

“You look from 2008 basically to 2012, you're about half all those years combined of what you had this year in 2013,” he said of the levels of violence. “It’s a real spike and a real, real serious problem.”

So, what’s to blame for the recent spike in bloodshed?

“You’ve got a lot of guys, who are, unfortunately, committed to a bad cause, and they have access to weapons and arms and funding, and they are able to use suicide bombers … and that's really what the violence has been,” Beecroft said, when asked why the security situation has spiraled out of control in some parts of the country.

The recent fighting has been particularly severe in Anbar province, where al Qaeda-affiliated fighters and other extremists have taken control of parts of the cities of Fallujah and Ramadi. Beecroft estimated that there are several hundred extremist militants currently in Fallujah, but would not estimate the number in Ramadi, because he said “they've basically been forced out of most parts of Ramadi” and do not have centralized control.

Back in the United States, veterans and the families of those who died in Iraq have watched the latest developments there with concern. And Beecroft said that’s one reason he’s so worried about the situation in the region.

“I can understand people looking at Fallujah and feeling frustrated, heartbroken and disappointed,” he said. “But I would ask them to look at the larger picture. Look at Iraq … You see more automobiles on the street, you see more people on the street, you see the stores open, you see them filled with goods -- not just filled but with goods, with products from around the world.”

Beecroft credits the United States, and the military in particular, for contributing to the stability, where it exists, in Iraq. And he said that hasn’t been lost on the Iraqi people.
“There is a tremendous amount of good will out there on the street, because of what they did,” Beecroft said. “Not everyone, but the vast majority of Iraqis, will tell you right up front that you guys gave us the chance to be what we should be: a country that is playing a leading role in the region, a country that is prosperous and a country that is democratic.”
For more of the interview with the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, and to hear his opinion on how well Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has cooperated with the U.S., check out this episode of “On the Radar

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/us-ambassador-iraq-in-precarious-situation-in-combating-two-thousand-extremists-234415543.html?vp=1

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Is Iraq heading toward civil war Empty Re: Is Iraq heading toward civil war

Post by doodoo Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:42 pm

And this is somehow different than their existence since the beginning of time?

SENATOR DOODOO
Support Term Limits for US Congress
doodoo
doodoo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum