Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
The more I read.... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

The more I read....

4 posters

Go down

The more I read.... Empty The more I read....

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 am

The more I read, the more that I think we are spitting in a box fan.  I know a lot of folks are not gonna like this, and some will simply call me "negative".  But, article after article refer to "deleting the zeroes", "erasing the zeroes", and "raising the zeroes".  If you take a 25,000 IQD bill and remove the zeroes, it is a 25 dinar unit of currency.  That equates to $21.50 US or $860 per current million.  I know there are a lot of folks that refuse to acknowledge the remote possibility of this being the case.  All I know is that it is a possibility and likely a probability.  OK, just for a second, consider that this is correct.  Do you think that ANY and I mean ANY of the gurus will be able to hide from the couple million folks that they have "buffaloed" for the last ten years??  I think not.  The only redemption that they may have, IF I AM RIGHT (and I hope I am not) is that they give their hand to Jesus, because the rest of them is in a bind!
Ok.  I am now ready for my thrashing.

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

The more I read.... Empty Re: The more I read....

Post by Kevind53 Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 am

No thrashing here ... I have always considered that a possibility, but not a probability. IMO worse case scenario, we make a modest profit as I think it will still RV to a higher value, very possibly in the $3.50 range. On the other hand, Kap could well be correct in how he interprets what they are actually saying, which case we make a ton. Who is right? In Kap's favor is the fact that he does have access to an interpreter who speaks fluent Arabic and English, not some mindless machine. Time will tell my friend, time will tell.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Producer1 Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:21 am

Well....I'm not a negative Nellie, but I think they will lop off the last 3 zeros like a frozen snot on a cold winter's day, and agree with Bigdaddy that the value will be slight. I don't even think it will be that good, as I believe that the Dinar people currently hold will become worthless paper when they demonetize the currency.  (My spell check put "demonize' rather than "demonetize"...maybe it knows something?)

Having said that...no one knows for sure. I'll take this op to wish everyone here a blessed New Year. If you wanna feel real good next year, pay for someones groceries....work at a soup kitchen...stop by Salvation Army and donate your time...do something for those in need.  You don't need a fortune to change your world! Happy New Year, all!

Producer1

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:30 am

There is no doubt in my mind that IF the currency becomes worthless, there ain't a dinar dealer on the planet that will have enough lawyers to hide behind.  It will be pandemonium!!

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I don't understand the whole lop idea so pardon my ignorance....

So what I understand is that if they do a lop then they reduce the value of everything by 1000X?  So a 25,000 dinar note is now worth 25 dinar.  Is this just the notes or Does that mean that if they have a bank account with say 1,000,000 dinar it's now worth 1,000?? Wouldn't that cripple an economy unless the cost of all good and services were immediately reduced in the same way?
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:12 pm

I would say that the cost of goods etc would have to be adjusted accordingly at the same time. Kap's contention is that when they talk of raising the zeros, they are speaking of removing the decimals in front of the decimal point. IF he is correct than a 25K note would still be worth 25K dinar, but the value of each dinar would be 1.166/YSD as opposed to .1166/USD now.

So who's right? Good question, I have a feeling we'll all find out the answer to that one at about the same time.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865  The more I read.... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Well, if you simply remove the zeroes, it works for all of the above.  A loaf of bread that is now 1163 dinar would be 1.16 dinar.  A month's rent average in Iraq is 500,000 dinar, then would be 350.  Average inexpensive meal would go from 550,000 to 5.50 and so on it goes.
Check my numbers:  http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Iraq&city=Baghdad&displayCurrency=IQD

bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum