Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE

+4
Jayzze
dinarstar
catman
Ponee
8 posters

Go down

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE Empty EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE

Post by Ponee Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:55 am

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE
EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE Sad_boy_hospital_AP

by DR. SUSAN BERRY 25 Dec 2013 251POST A COMMENT
EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE Contributor-80x100-sberry
With the deadline to sign up for Obamacare having come and gone, many Americans have decided to “opt out” of President Obama’s signature health care reform law, choosing instead to pay the $95 penalty for sidestepping the individual mandate.

“For many Americans opting out of Obamacare is the best decision they can make, but it’s important that they do it the right way—just refusing to buy health insurance and not having another way to pay for catastrophic medical expenses is a mistake,” Sean Parnell, author of the newly-released The Self-Pay Patient, told Breitbart News. “People who want to opt out should be looking at alternatives to conventional health insurance, such as joining a health care sharing ministry or purchasing a fixed benefits policy.”

Parnell also strongly advises Americans against opting out and simply paying the “list” price for medical visits and prescription drugs without shopping around, or by relying solely on the local hospital emergency room for routine medical care.

“This approach leaves people who opt out vulnerable to sky-high medical expenses at inflated ‘list’ or ‘chargemaster’ rates, and can result in an inability to obtain needed care because of cost,” Parnell writes on his blog, selfpaypatient.com.

Instead, Parnell recommends the following eight options for those who have opted out of ObamaCare:

1. Join a health care sharing ministry, which are voluntary, charitable membership organizations that share medical expenses among the membership.
Parnell states that Samaritan Ministries, Christian Healthcare Ministries, and Christian Care Ministry are open to practicing Christians, while Liberty HealthShare is open to those who are committed to religious liberty.

Healthcare sharing ministries “operate entirely outside of ObamaCare’s regulations, and typically offer benefits for about half the cost of similar health insurance,” says Parnell. “Members are also exempt from having to pay the tax for being uninsured.”

2. Purchase a short-term health insurance policy.
“These policies usually last between one and 11 months and are not regulated under ObamaCare, and, therefore, don’t offer the same high level of benefits that can drive up costs,” writes Parnell.

3. Buy alternative insurance plans such as fixed-benefit, critical illness, or accident insurance.
“These policies pay cash in the event you are diagnosed with cancer, spend a night in the hospital, or need some other medical treatment,” Parnell says. “They cost a fraction of what health insurance costs under ObamaCare and by giving you cash directly you aren’t locked in to any particular provider network.”
Parnell also recommends maxing out medical and uninsured/underinsured driver coverage amounts under an auto insurance policy, which can help pay for medical bills in the event of injury in an auto accident.

Once major medical insurance is arranged, Parnell suggests shopping around for health care providers and services.

4. Visit cash-only doctors and retail health clinics for primary care. If you usually visit a doctor more than a couple times per year, consider joining a direct primary care practice which will give you access to nearly unlimited primary care for a modest monthly fee.

5. Sign up for a telemedicine service—lower-cost options in which doctors treat relatively simple medical issues via phone calls, email, or a video connection. Telemedicine especially works well, Parnell says, for common injuries, conditions, and illnesses.

6. Use generic prescription drugs whenever possible, and compare prices between pharmacies. Less expensive options are sometimes available at large chain pharmacies such as Walmart and CVS, and online sites such as GoodRx.com and WeRx.orgallow patients to view the best deals on medications.

7. For surgery, Parnell recommends going to a facility that offers up-front “package” prices for self-pay patients, such as the Surgery Center of Oklahoma and Regency Healthcare, where prices are typically much less than what is charged at most hospitals. In addition, sites such as MediBid, where doctors bid on providing your surgery or treatment, will often yield substantially less expensive costs coupled with high quality medical care. Yet another option is to become a medical tourist.

8. When a hospital visit becomes necessary, Parnell suggests working with a medical bill negotiation service to get the best price available rather than accept the wildly inflated “chargemaster” prices, usually three to five times more than what insurers pay for the same service or treatment. Patients who wish to negotiate on their own will likely need to put in a significant amount of time and effort, but can use the Healthcare Blue Book or Pricing Healthcare as a starting point to help them find out what insurers are paying for medical services.

“Many Americans say they would prefer free market healthcare, and they don’t have to wait for Congress to repeal, replace, or reform Obamacare to have that,” Parnell told Breitbart News.
“Simply by opting out and doing things like visiting cash-only doctors, becoming a medical tourist, shopping around for the best prices on prescription drugs, and obtaining an alternative type of coverage they can enjoy all the benefits of free market healthcare today including access to affordable, quality care and getting government and insurance company bureaucrats out of the doctor-patient relationship.”

Submitted by Clark Kent AFF
See more at http://www.breitbart.com

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE Empty Re: EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE

Post by catman Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Number 1 might work.  I am not sure that numbers 2 an 3 will exempt you from Obamacare or not.  Numbers 4 through 8 are not ways to opt out of Obamacare.
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:24 pm

YOu are correct -- It was a very inappropriate title to the article wasn't it?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:10 pm

I signed up,and I am glad I did.
Cover should start next month.
I walked out of my doctor's practice today without a smile on my face.
I am going to need it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:16 pm

some of you make fun of it but i just saved 6 grand with better coverage on my  wife with preexistingg conditions i love it with that savings i might by more dinar not
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 am

I am very happy I have it jayzze

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:02 am

I am happy for you jayzee, but unfortunately, from what I have seen as a professional working in the field, you are an exception to the rule. Most of the people I have had contact with are getting worse coverage or similar, but significantly more expensive coverage than they had.

The sad thing is that, in the end, we will find the problems have not been solved, because the core issues such as tort reform that have been driving up the costs of healthcare have not been addressed.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE 2805820865  EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE 2805820865  EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE 2805820865  EIGHT WAYS TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Present Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 pm

@jayzze wrote:some of you make fun of it but i just saved 6 grand with better coverage on my  wife with preexistingg conditions i love it with that savings i might by more dinar not

That's good for you, Jayzzee, and others that have pre-existing conditions, but it is also why for most other people the premiums are much higher--because we have to absorb the cost of those that previously were uninsured or underinsured. That's the math of it.

Another way to avoid Obamacare is to sign up for Medicare if you're eligible. I just turned 65 and signed up.

Present

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Present Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:34 pm

@dinarstar wrote:I signed up,and I am glad I did.
Cover should start next month.
I walked out of my doctor's practice today without a smile on my face.
I am going to need it.

Dinarstar, I wish you Godspeed.

angel2

Present

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:08 pm

1 Way to for real "opt out" is to go to any of your own neighborhood insurance brokers and sign up with them. The ACA does not say one HAS to ABSOLUTELY sign up with them (obamacare) (yet), but does say that one must have insurance. So by going through an independent broker one can sidestep having Obamacare.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by catman Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:41 pm

@rick152 wrote:1 Way to for real "opt out" is to go to any of your own neighborhood insurance brokers and sign up with them. The ACA does not say one HAS to ABSOLUTELY sign up with them (obamacare) (yet), but does say that one must have insurance. So by going through an independent broker one can sidestep having Obamacare.

That will work as long as you do not have any preexisting conditions.  With Obamacare you can get insurance with preexisting conditions.  That is a good thing an maybe the only good thing about it.  As for costs and deductibles, I have heard some horror stories about Obamacare, but cant confirm them.  I have also heard of people who never could afford insurance before can afford it under Obamacare, but I can't confirm that either.  My main objection to it is if you don't have another insurance, it is mandatory and I don't believe it is constitutional to require people to buy it.  I have seen that compared to auto insurance, you are required to have that, so why not health insurance?  The difference I see is that required auto insurance is to protect others, not yourself.
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 pm

kevin i quess i caught a big break then
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:22 am

Thanks for your kindness Present.

Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by az-tex Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 am

My premiums doubled to well over $900.00 per month, and the coverage is basically non-existent considering that I will have to pay $12,000.00 out of pocket FIRST... and then a co pay kicks in... What a deal... NOT

In God's timing, not a second sooner...
az-tex
az-tex
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum