Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death

Go down

Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death Empty Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death

Post by Ponee Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death
Friday, December 06, 2013 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer
Tylenol can kill you; new warning admits popular painkiller causes liver damage, death Close-Up-Spoon-Medicine-Cough

(NaturalNews) It has been a common household name in over-the-counter pain relief for more than 50 years. But the popular painkiller drug Tylenol is getting a major labeling makeover following a string of personal injury lawsuits. According to the Associated Press (AP), so many Tylenol users these days are suffering major liver damage or dying that the drug's manufacturer, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, has decided to put a large, red warning label on the cap that informs users about the drug's risks.

Even when taken at recommended doses, acetaminophen, the primary active ingredient in Tylenol, can cause major damage to the liver, potentially leading to liver failure and even death. In fact, acetaminophen is currently the leading cause of sudden liver failure in the U.S., as its toxic metabolites have been shown to kill liver cells. The drug is so toxic that as many as 80,000 people are rushed to the emergency room annually due to acetaminophen poisoning, and another 500-or-so end up dead from liver failure.

These are disturbing figures that might come as a surprise to most people, especially considering that millions of Americans pop Tylenol and acetaminophen-containing drugs on a regular basis. But with more than 85 personal injury lawsuits and counting filed against the company in federal court, McNeil is feeling the heat from a drug that has long been claimed as one of the safest painkiller drugs on the market, which it clearly is not.

"The warning will make it explicitly clear that the over-the-counter drug contains acetaminophen, a pain-relieving ingredient that's the nation's leading cause of sudden liver failure," writes Matthew Perrone for the AP. "The new cap is designed to grab the attention of people who don't read warnings that already appear in the fine print on the product's label, according to company executives."

The new label, which will bear the phrases "CONTAINS ACETAMINOPHEN" and "ALWAYS READ THE LABEL," is set to first appear on all bottles of Extra Strength Tylenol, which contains more than 50 percent more acetaminophen per dose than regular strength Tylenol. And in the coming months, all bottles of Tylenol, including regular strength Tylenol, will bear the new label.

NyQuil, Sudafed, Excedrin and many other common drugs also contain acetaminophen
Despite the new label, McNeil, which is owned by drug giant Johnson & Johnson (J&J), insists that Tylenol is safe when taken as directed. But what the company fails to admit is that many people are taking not only Tylenol but also other drugs that contain acetaminophen, which increases their dose of the chemical to levels that are much higher than they probably realize.

According to the AP, nearly one in four Americans, or about 78 million people, consume drug products that contain acetaminophen in a given week. Some 600 over-the-counter drug products, it turns out, contain acetaminophen. These products include other painkiller drugs like Excedrin, for instance, as well as NyQuil cold formula and Sudafed sinus pills.

Combining these and other acetaminophen-containing drugs is a major cause of acetaminophen overdose, say experts, hence the addition of the new labels. But some people who stay well within the maximum daily dose of acetaminophen, which is currently set at 4,000 milligrams (mg) per day, still fall ill or die, which suggests that perhaps any level of acetaminophen is toxic and should be avoided.

"It's still a little bit of a puzzle," says Dr. Anne Larson from the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. "Is it a genetic predisposition? Are they claiming they took the right amount, but they really took more? It's difficult to know."

Sources for this article include:

http://www.mercurynews.com

http://www.foodconsumer.org

http://www.painmedicinenews.com

http://science.naturalnews.com

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/043155_Tylenol_liver_damage_warning_label.html#ixzz2moPrIy52

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum