Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I am too pretty for math, but....
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» Go Russia
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2024 5:20 am by Dorotnas

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
What Happened on October 18th ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

What Happened on October 18th ?

2 posters

Go down

What Happened on October 18th ? Empty What Happened on October 18th ?

Post by Ponee Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:10 am

What Happened on October 18th ?

• The US bought Alaska from Russia. (1867) Alaska was purchased for $7.2 million US Dollars in what became known as the Alaska Purchase. The acquisition increased the size of the US territory by 586,412 square miles (more than 1.5 million square kilometers). Alaska became a US state in 1959.

• The US's plutonium bomb plans were illegally given to Russia. (1945) A German physicist and spy, Klaus Fuchs, was working at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in the US and gave the plans to the Russians. The plans were part of the Manhattan Project research — a collaborative effort by Canada, Britain and the US. Fuchs' trial was held in Britain and lasted less than 90 minutes. He was sent to prison for 14 years.

• Women were declared "persons" in Canada. (1929) In Canada's Edwards v. Canada, the Imperial Privy Council decided women were "persons," in terms of the British North American Act, and could be allowed to hold seats in Parliament and enjoy the same rights as Canadian men. Before this landmark case, women could be punished under the same laws as men, but were not granted the same privileges and rights.

• The first labor union was formed in the US. (1648) The Boston Shoemakers formed the first labor organization.

• The US raised its flag in Puerto Rico, shortly before taking possession of the country from Spain. (1898) In the Spanish-American War, Spain ended up ceding Puerto Rico, Guam, Cuba, and the Philippines to the US when they signed the 1898 Treaty of Paris on December 10 that year.

• The world's first transistor radio went into production. (1954) The Regency TR-1 radio was announced by Texas Instruments on this day. It went on sale in November.

• The Mason-Dixon Line was drawn. (1767) To settle boundary disputes between colonies, two English surveyors — Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon — were hired to determine the boundaries of what would become West Virginia and Delaware.

• Atmospheric pressure of another planet was measured for the first time. (1967) The pressure was measured when the Soviet probe Venera 4 arrived at Venus.

• A national broadcasting network was established in Britain. (1922) The British Broadcasting Company created the national service by installing radio transmitters throughout the country.

• The Grand Ole Opry opened for business. (1925) Established in Nashville, Tennessee, the Opry produces a weekly stage show and broadcasts the concert over AM radio. Some of the most famous musicians in history have performed there, including Elvis, Dolly Parton and Hank Williams. The radio broadcast is one of the longest-running in the history of radio.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What Happened on October 18th ? Empty Re: What Happened on October 18th ?

Post by rick152 Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:48 am

The first labor union was formed in the US. (1648) The Boston Shoemakers formed the first labor organization.

When labor unions were first designed they were for assuring safety in the work place and, to thwart errant discharge. As to the Boston shoemakers I am sure this was purely over safety.

The unions epically failed so bad at the safety issues that an entire government entity had to be formed. OSHA.    Since and after the Unions have failed the workers even more be enticing / eliciting greed of the workers and convincing them that they could have more money than they were worth or more money than the market could stand that as a result Way many jobs have been moved to foreign markets. Then people ask "what happened to the jobs?"  Answer; You happened to them that's what.

Last edited by rick152 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

What Happened on October 18th ? Empty Re: What Happened on October 18th ?

Post by rick152 Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 am

What Happened on October 18th ? 220px-Masondixonmarker
What Happened on October 18th ? Magnify-clip
A "crownstone" boundary monument on the Mason–Dixon line. These markers were originally placed at every 5th mile along the line, oriented with family coats of arms facing the state that they represented. The coat of arms of Maryland's founding Calvert family is shown. On the other side are the arms of William Penn.
The line was established to end a boundary dispute between the British colonies of Maryland

The Mason-Dixon Line was drawn. (1767) To settle boundary disputes between colonies, two English surveyors — Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon — were hired to determine the boundaries of what would become West Virginia and Delaware.

I like this interesting part of the history of the mason Dixon line

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum