Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq? Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears

2 posters

Go down

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears Empty Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq? Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears

Post by Ponee Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:11 pm

10/13/2013

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears Al_qaeda_fighters
Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears

BAGHDAD October 13, 2013 (AP)
By ADAM SCHRECK Associated Press
Associated Press

First came the fireball, then the screams of the victims. The suicide bombing just outside a Baghdad graveyard knocked Nasser Waleed Ali over and peppered his back with shrapnel.

Ali was one of the lucky ones. At least 51 died in the Oct. 5 attack, many of them Shiite pilgrims walking by on their way to a shrine. No one has claimed responsibility, but there is little doubt al-Qaida's local franchise is to blame. Suicide bombers and car bombs are its calling cards, Shiite civilians among its favorite targets.

Al-Qaida has come roaring back in Iraq since U.S. troops left in late 2011 and now looks stronger than it has in years. The terror group has shown it is capable of carrying out mass-casualty attacks several times a month, driving the death toll in Iraq to the highest level in half a decade. It sees each attack as a way to cultivate an atmosphere of chaos that weakens the Shiite-led government's authority.

Recent prison breaks have bolstered al-Qaida's ranks, while feelings of Sunni marginalization and the chaos caused by the civil war in neighboring Syria are fueling its comeback.

"Nobody is able to control this situation," said Ali, who watches over a Sunni graveyard that sprang up next to the hallowed Abu Hanifa mosque in 2006, when sectarian fighting threated to engulf Iraq in all-out civil war.

"We are not safe in the coffee shops or mosques, not even in soccer fields," he continued, rattling off some of the targets hit repeatedly in recent months.

The pace of the killing accelerated significantly following a deadly crackdown by security forces on a camp for Sunni protesters in the northern town of Hawija in April. United Nations figures show 712 people died violently in Iraq that month, at the time the most since 2008.

The monthly death toll hasn't been that low since. September saw 979 killed.

Al-Qaida does not have a monopoly on violence in Iraq, a country where most households have at least one assault rifle tucked away. Other Sunni militants, including the Army of the Men of the Naqshabandi Order, which has ties to members of Saddam Hussein's now-outlawed Baath party, also carry out attacks, as do Shiite militias that are remobilizing as the violence escalates.

But al-Qaida's indiscriminate waves of car bombs and suicide attacks, often in civilian areas, account for the bulk of the bloodshed.

The group earlier this year renamed itself the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, highlighting its cross-border ambitions. It is playing a more active military role alongside other predominantly Sunni rebels in the fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, and its members have carried out attacks against Syrians near the porous border inside Iraq.

The United States believes the group's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is now operating from Syria.

"Given the security vacuum, it makes sense for him to do that," said Paul Floyd, a military analyst at global intelligence company Stratfor who served several U.S. Army tours in Iraq. He said the unrest in Syria could be making it even easier for al-Qaida to get its hands on explosives for use in Iraq.

"We know Syrian military stocks have fallen into the hands of rebels. There's nothing to preclude some of that stuff flowing across the border," he said.

Iraqi officials acknowledge the group is growing stronger.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/al-qaida-surges-back-iraq-reviving-fears-20555780

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears Al-Qaida-Franchise1sep04

Last edited by Ponee on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears Empty Re: Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq? Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears

Post by Kevind53 Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Nah, we won't be back ... not with the clowns we have in charge now ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears 2805820865  Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears 2805820865  Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears 2805820865  Does this mean that America will be back in Iraq?  Al-Qaida Surges Back in Iraq, Reviving Old Fears 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum