Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in.

2 posters

Go down

I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. Empty I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in.

Post by Meme Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Maliki to Run for Third Term

On Aug. 26, 2013, the Federal Supreme Court of Iraq announced that it had overturned a previous law, passed by parliament, that limits the president, prime minister and parliament speaker to two terms of office.

The law, which was passed by parliament on Jan. 26, 2013, had prevented Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki from running for a third term as head of the government.

Judge Abdul Sattar Bayraktar told Al-Monitor, “The Federal Supreme Court invalidated the law, which was voted on by parliament and limited the terms of the president, prime minister and parliament speaker, under the pretense that it is a proposed law and not a draft law.”

There is a big difference between the two terms: Proposed laws are referred by MPs, while draft laws are submitted by the federal government, led by Maliki.

In 2011, Maliki addressed Parliament Speaker Osama al-Nujaifi, where he emphasized that “the government that I lead is the one that has the right to promulgate laws, which should be subject to discussion and vote in parliament.”

Bayraktar said, “The Federal Supreme Court was convened on Aug. 26, 2013, under the chairmanship of Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud, and the membership of each of the following judges: Farouk Mohammed al-Sami, Jaafar Nasser Hussain, Akram Taha Mohammed, Akram Ahmed Baban, Mohammed Saeb al-Naqshbandi, Abboud Saleh al-Tamimi, Michael Shamshoum Kas Korkis and Hussein Abou Taman. The court ruled unconstitutional the law limiting the terms of the president, prime minister and parliament speaker.”

Bayraktar said, “One of the reasons behind the ruling is that parliament has taken a path that is different from the one stipulated by the constitution and decided by constitutional jurisdiction.”

Bayraktar added, “The court’s ruling states that limiting the prime minister’s term in office is contrary to the foundation of the political system, which is based on the will of the people.”

Speaking to Al-Monitor, Mohammed al-Hassan, a Shiite member of the ruling Iraqi National Alliance, said, “The federal court’s ruling will allow Maliki to run for a third term.”

Ali Shalla, a Shiite member of the State of Law Coalition, told Al-Monitor, “The State of Law Coalition, led by Maliki, was sure that the court would reject the law. … The law was originally prepared to prevent Maliki from running for a third time for the premiership.”

The court’s ruling has caused disturbances in the movement of Shiite religious leader Muqtada al-Sadr. Amir al-Kanani, a prominent Shiite leader of the Sadrist Movement, said, “The peaceful transfer of power is at risk, and we will need external intervention if the current situation continues,” adding, “The ballot boxes will decide; the bloc that gets the majority [of votes] will form the government.”

As the court announced its ruling to invalidate the law, an informed source close to Maliki told Al-Monitor, “The preparations for Maliki to run for the post of prime minister, following the 2014 [general] elections, will have additional momentum.”

The source continued, “Everything is almost ready, and Maliki has communicated with international actors to make them new offers designed to persuade them to [support him in his run] for a third term.”

Yet, many observers believe that Maliki’s task will be very difficult unless he is able to set up solid new alliances, particularly after losing Shiite allies such as the Sadrist movement and the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq (ISCI), led by Ammar al-Hakim.

Maliki seems to have reached a political agreement with his Kurdish rival, Massoud Barzani, president of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, particularly since the Iraqi federal court decided to annul an article of the election law that requires the verification of voters registered in the province of Kirkuk.

The article, which the federal court decided to annul on Aug. 26, 2013, is Article 23 of the electoral law in the city of Kirkuk, an area that is disputed by Kurds, Arabs and Turkmen.

Speaking to Al-Monitor, a source close to Maliki said “The recent rapprochement between Maliki and Barzani has led to a political agreement between the parties having to do with Maliki being prime minister for a third term, in exchange for concessions to the Kurds regarding Kirkuk and oil contracts.”

http://dinartrade.org/maliki-to-run-for-third-term/

Does anyone have any positive input on this? If so, please please post away!
Meme
Meme
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. Empty Re: I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in.

Post by Kevind53 Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 pm

This is actually nothing new, it happened a week or so ago. Personally, I do not think that at this point he can build a large enough alliance to be successful. Some guru's have been saying that this is actually in our favor, since it will push him to expedite the RV in order to boost his popularity. I'm not so sure about that, but maybe ... Time will tell.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. 2805820865  I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. 2805820865  I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. 2805820865  I do not think this looks good for an RV if M stays in. 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum