Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
WORDS I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
WORDS I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
WORDS I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
WORDS I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
WORDS I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
WORDS I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
WORDS I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
WORDS I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

WORDS

3 posters

Go down

WORDS Empty WORDS

Post by UNEEK Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm

"The unspoken word is in your control... Once spoken it has control over you" 

POST BY  alp108 KTFA

Words are not simply sounds caused by air passing through our larynx. Words have real power.

God spoke the world into being by the power of His words (Hebrews 11:3), and we are in His image in part because of the power we have with words. Words do more than convey information.

The power of our words can actually destroy one’s spirit, even stir up hatred and violence. They not only incite wounds but inflict them directly.

Of all the creatures on this planet, only man has the ability to communicate through the spoken word. The power to use words is a very unique and powerful gift from God.

Though it is a gift, our words have the power to destroy and the power to build up (Proverbs 12:6).

The writer of Proverb tells us: “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit” (Proverbs 18:21).

Are we using words to build up people or destroy them? Are they filled with hate or love, bitterness or blessing, complaining or compliments, lust or love, victory or defeat? 

Like tools they can be used to help us reach our goals or to send us spiraling into a deep depression.

Furthermore, our words not only have the power to bring us death or life in this world, but in the next as well. Jesus said: “But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37). Words are so important, that we are going to give an account of what we say when we stand before the Lord Jesus Christ.

The apostle Paul wrote: “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).

In this passage, Paul is emphasizing the positive over against the negative. The Greek word translated “unwholesome” means “rotten” or “foul.” It originally referred to rotten fruit and vegetables. Being like Christ means we don't use foul, dirty language. 

For some reason, many people today think it is macho or liberating to use vulgar humor, dirty jokes, and foul language, but this kind of talk has no place in the life of a Christian. Paul continues: “ . . . but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” 

This is reminiscent of his words to the Colossians: “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone” (Colossians 4:6; see also Colossians 3:16).

There is a remarkable parallel between Ephesians 4:25, lying; Ephesians 4:28, stealing; and Ephesians 4:29, unwholesome talk. In each case Paul is urging us to be a blessing for those with whom we have daily contact. 

Paul is emphasizing that merely refraining from telling lies, stealing, or unwholesome speech is not enough. The truth is that Christianity is not a mere “don't” religion.

As followers of Christ we should emulate the example of Jesus whose words were so filled with grace that the multitudes were amazed (Luke 4:22). 

Jesus reminds us that the words we speak are actually the overflow of our hearts (Matthew 12:34-35). When one becomes a Christian there is an expectancy that a change of speech follows because living for Christ makes a difference in one’s choice of words. 

The sinner’s mouth is “full of cursing and bitterness” (Romans 3:14); but when we turn our lives over to Christ, we gladly confess that “Jesus is Lord” (Romans 10:9-10). As condemned sinners, our mouths are silenced before the throne of God (Romans 3:19), but as believers, our mouths are opened to praise and glorify God (Romans 15:6).

Christians are those whose hearts have been changed by the power of God, a change which is reflected in our words. Remember, before we were saved, we lived in spiritual death (Ephesians 2:1-3). Paul describes those who are dead in sin: “Their throats are open graves” (Romans 3:13).

Our words are full of blessing when the heart is full of blessing. So if we fill our hearts with the love of Christ, only truth and purity can come out of our mouths.

Peter tells us: “In your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15). 

Let the power of our words be used of God to manifest the power of our faith. Be prepared to give the reason for why we love the Lord—at anytime, to anyone.

Our words should demonstrate the power of God’s grace and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives. May God enable us to use our words as an instrument of His love and saving grace.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

WORDS Empty Re: WORDS

Post by Horizon Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Very Good reading, and so true! Thanks for the Post!coffee 

WORDS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...WORDS 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyangel Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:02 am

Excellent Uneek...Words are definitely powerful.  I try my hardest to speak with a soft tongue, but I'm human and slip.  I pray for the wisdom of words and the unknown wisdom.  Thanks for sharing. 

Still trying to learn this site, sorry for not stopping by sooner.  Glad your here to share your wisdom of words. 
 ❇
pattyangel
pattyangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:12 am

Yes, the Words we Think and Speak are very Powerful!!!!

I Declare, I will speak only words of Faith, & Victory over Myself, my Family, & my Future!
I will not use my words to describe the Situation.  I will use my Words to change the Situation. I will Call in Favor, Good Breaks, Healing, & Restoration. I will talk to my problems about how Big my God Is.  This is my Decision!

I say this all the time!!! I remember it when I start to get overwhelm with things....Give it to God, he is bigger than any problem!

WORDS Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...WORDS 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello PattyAngel -- Hope you are doing well and it's so good to see you here - I remember telling you and a couple others about it probably a yr ago - I think many of us didn't dream of still being here..... but here  we are...

I am still believing - still hoping & praying - still looking forward to that new chapter of my life

For now.... still working on the present chapter - avoiding the  negative - avoiding confrontations & drama working on contributing positive energy where I can and where it is welcomed ..

I have come to realize and  accept who I am and to be okay  with  respecting my sensitivity as a rare & special gift instead of a weakness  but it also requires some protection - so I have limited my exposure to the cyber bullies lol

Working on "me" a lot  hoping that my next 20  years I can learn and accomplish twice as much as I did the last 20.

It's kinda funny... I  can read on some sites and think boy  I have come a long way in my thinking and then jump to another site and  think OMG boy do I have a long way to go - Blessings to you sweet lady

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum