Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat

2 posters

Go down

BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat Empty BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 am

State Department Issues Worldwide Travel Alert Because Of Al-Qaida Terror Threats

The State Department has issued a worldwide travel alert because of the threat terrorist attacks from al-Qaida and affiliated organizations, it said Friday.

The State Department cited the potential for terrorist attacks in the Middle East, North Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula.

"Current information suggests that al-Qaida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August," the department said in a statement.

The department said that the alert does not expire until Aug. 31.

On Thursday, the State Department said it would close at least 18 diplomatic posts in the Middle East and surrounding areas because of the threats.

The full release from the State Department is below:

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued potential for terrorist attacks, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula. Current information suggests that al-Qa’ida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August. This Travel Alert expires on August 31, 2013.

Terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private interests. U.S. citizens are reminded of the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems and other tourist infrastructure. Terrorists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as aviation and maritime services. U.S. citizens should take every precaution to be aware of their surroundings and to adopt appropriate safety measures to protect themselves when traveling.

We continue to work closely with other nations on the threat from international terrorism, including from al-Qa’ida. Information is routinely shared between the U.S. and our key partners in order to disrupt terrorist plotting, identify and take action against potential operatives, and strengthen our defenses against potential threats.

We recommend U.S. citizens register their travel plans with the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy through the State Department’s travel registration website. We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens Traveling abroad enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

For the latest security information, U.S. citizens traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department of State’s Internet website at travel.state.gov where the Worldwide Caution, Country Specific Information, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts can be found. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on Facebook as well. Download our free Smart Traveler app, available through iTunes or Google Play, to have travel information at your fingertips.

In addition to information on the internet, travelers may obtain up-to-date information on security conditions by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, from other countries, on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, Eastern Time (except U.S. federal holidays).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/al-qaida-terror-threats-state-department-travel-warning-2013-8#ixzz2apHBY7o9

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat Empty Re: BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat

Post by Jayzze Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 pm

read this and makes me sick to my stomach we have  a president that has no balls. protect our buildings with our troops and advanced weapons  and get rid of the alqaeda by the way i thought everything was going fine according to obumer. this just shows everone how weak we really are instead of standing up to themand inspite of this we are sending jets and weapons to them
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat Empty Re: BREAKING: US State Dept. issues worldwide travel alert for US citizens through August 31 due to unspecified Al-Qaeda threat

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Urgent .. in the next few days .. America announces the closure of its embassy in Iraq
02-08-2013 09:07 AM

Baghdad (news) .. announced that the U.S. State Department, the closure of its embassy in Iraq in the next few days. embassy said in a statement received by the Agency (news) copy of it: that a number of its embassies will be closed for security reasons, first and foremost embassies and diplomatic missions in each Iraq, Egypt, Libya and Kuwait during the next few days. statement added: that its embassy in Egypt will be closed on Sunday for security reasons, to افتتا that the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama is currently considering the risks to the U.S. Embassy in Yemen, was not clear if there was any intention to shut them down, too. / Finished / g. / mm

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=95565

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 pm

U.S. Department of State
Marie Harf
Deputy Spokesperson
Daily Press Briefing
Washington, DC
August 1, 2013

QUESTION: There are some, I guess you could call them, rumors that I was hoping you could address that some U.S. embassies may be closing or closed?

MS. HARF: Yes, just one second. So the Department of State has instructed certain U.S. embassies and consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday, August 4th. The Department has been apprised of information that, out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations that indicates we should institute these precautionary steps. The Department, when conditions warrant, takes steps like this to balance our continued operations with security and safety.

QUESTION: Which embassies and --

MS. HARF: I don’t have a full list of that in front of me. I can endeavor to get that.

QUESTION: Well, do you have a partial list?

MS. HARF: I don’t have a list in front of me.

QUESTION: So, well, do you know who they – which ones they are.

MS. HARF: I want to – I believe I do, Arshad, but I want to make sure I have a complete list about which ones fall under this.

QUESTION: Do you have a geographic region?

MS. HARF: I don’t. I don’t, no.

QUESTION: And did you say how many?

MS. HARF: I said certain. I didn’t say how many. Again, this is something that is just happening. I can endeavor to get some more details for you, and if I can share them, we’ll provide that.

QUESTION: And is the --

QUESTION: And is that a potential terrorist attack?

MS. HARF: I’m not going to go into any more detail about specific threat information or security considerations, obviously. I would also point you to the Worldwide Caution that we put out in February of 2013 which speaks to potential terrorist threats in different places around the world to speak to some of the steps we recommend people taking and some things they take into consideration when situations like this arise.

QUESTION: What’s happening on August 4th?

QUESTION: Under the no double – under the – yeah, well, two things. One, is it threats and security? Is it correct to, from your last statement, to understand that it is indeed threats and/or security considerations that have led you to make this decision?

MS. HARF: I wouldn’t want to use a specific term except to say security considerations have led us to take this precautionary step, as we do from time to time, as you all know.

QUESTION: And – yeah, but under the no double standard rule, are you not obliged to tell the American public of steps – specific steps that you’re taking to protect your own officials at embassies?

MS. HARF: Yes, and if that applies in this case, those steps will, of course, be taken.

QUESTION: Why wouldn’t it apply in this case?

MS. HARF: I don’t have that detail in front of me. I know that was a discussion as I came down here about whether it would. But I am assuming it does. Again, and I’ll get you updates as I get them. But if it does, we would, of course, take the necessary steps.

QUESTION: Just because, presumably, if a U.S. citizen needs to go to an embassy and you’re not willing to disclose that the embassy is closed, and then they show up and the embassy blows up --

MS. HARF: Right, and of course, we would --

QUESTION: -- that doesn’t seem very fair.

MS. HARF: Well, of course, we will – are working to disclose all of the embassies to the people that either would be coming there or that have meetings there. That process will be ongoing throughout the rest of today. As you know, Sunday in many places is not a workday to begin with. In some places, of course, it is. So as I get more information, I’m happy to pass it along.

QUESTION: So this is specifically Sunday, August 4th --

MS. HARF: Correct.

QUESTION: -- or is there a potential for extension or --

MS. HARF: It’s specifically August 4th. It is possible we may have additional days of closing as well. Of course, depending on our analysis, individual U.S. embassies and consulates will announce whether or not they are open and whether they are implementing restrictions or other measures.

QUESTION: And is there any significance – we know around 9/11, embassies undergo review beforehand and there are steps put in place. Is there any significance attached to August 4th?

MS. HARF: I don’t have any further details on specific threat information or anything of that nature. I would caution people, as I think we always do, from making any assumptions or drawing conclusions before there are more facts available.

QUESTION: And is there – you said that this happens from time to time.

MS. HARF: Mm-hmm.

QUESTION: I’m paraphrasing your words, but you said that this is something that has happened before. When was the last time that something like this happened?

MS. HARF: I can get specific information for you. I don’t have it in front of me. As different embassies or consulates around the world receive different information, I know we adjust our security posture accordingly. I can get some more specifics for you on when in the past this has happened as well. I just don’t have that in front of me.

QUESTION: Thank you.

MS. HARF: Yes.

~~~~~~

QUESTION: On Iraq.

MS. HARF: Yes.

QUESTION: There’s a report that there was over a thousand deaths in July, which sets a record for the last few years, and I was wondering if the State Department had a comment on that.

MS. HARF: Mm-hmm. Well, we are deeply concerned by the nature of these attacks that we’ve seen and by the levels of violence in Iraq. The targeting of innocent people in an effort to sow instability and division is obviously outrageous and reprehensible.

I would make a point that we believe that the rise in violence is driven by terrorists who are not representative of Iraqi society writ large. The vast majority of Iraqi people continue to reject this violence and call for political dialogue to resolve tensions. And I would underscore that we are encouraged that many political and religious leaders have taken a strong stance against this violence and that they have continued to explore ways to address the ongoing political and security issues

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2013/08/212625.htm#DEPARTMENT

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum