Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr

4 posters

Go down

Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr Empty Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr

Post by Ponee Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 am

Eid-al-Fitr

Eid-al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr, Eid ul-Fitr, Id-Ul-Fitr, Eid) is the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal. It marks the end of Ramadan, which is a month of fasting and prayer. Many Muslims attend communal prayers, listen to a khutba (sermon) and give zakat al-fitr (charity in the form of food) during Eid al-Fitr.

Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr Eid-al-fitr-au
Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr
The month of fasting

by Holly Hartman

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Islam uses a lunar calendar—that is, each month begins with the sighting of the new moon. Because the lunar calendar is about 11 days shorter than the solar calendar used elsewhere, Islamic holidays "move" each year. In 2013, Ramadan begins at sundown on July 9th.

For more than a billion Muslims around the world—including some 8 million in North America—Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity. Ramadan focuses on self-sacrifice and devotion to Allah (God).

Why this Month?
Muslims believe that during the month of Ramadan, Allah revealed the first verses of the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam. Around 610 A.D., a caravan trader named Muhammad took to wandering the desert near Mecca (in today's Saudi Arabia) while thinking about his faith. One night a voice called to him from the night sky. It was the angel Gabriel, who told Muhammad he had been chosen to receive the word of Allah. In the days that followed, Muhammad found himself speaking the verses that would be transcribed as the Qur'an.

At many mosques during Ramadan, about one thirtieth of the Qur'an is recited each night in prayers known as tarawih. In this way, by the end of the month the complete scripture will have been recited.

Fasting
Muslims practice sawm, or fasting, for the entire month of Ramadan. This means that they may eat or drink nothing, including water, while the sun shines. Fasting is one of the Five Pillars (duties) of Islam. As with other Islamic duties, all able Muslims take part in sawm from about age twelve.

During Ramadan in the Muslim world, most restaurants are closed during the daylight hours. Families get up early for suhoor, a meal eaten before the sun rises. After the sun sets, the fast is broken with a meal known as iftar. Iftar usually begins with dates and sweet drinks that provide a quick energy boost.

Fasting serves many purposes. While they are hungry and thirsty, Muslims are reminded of the suffering of the poor. Fasting is also an opportunity to practice self-control and to cleanse the body and mind. And in this most sacred month, fasting helps Muslims feel the peace that comes from spiritual devotion as well as kinship with fellow believers.

Eid al-Fitr
Ramadan ends with the festival of Eid al-Fitr, which in 2013 occurs on Aug. 8. Literally the "Festival of Breaking the Fast," Eid al-Fitr is one of the two most important Islamic celebrations (the other occurs after the Hajj, or pilgrimage to Mecca). At Eid al-Fitr people dress in their finest clothes, adorn their homes with lights and decorations, give treats to children, and enjoy visits with friends and family.

A sense of generosity and gratitude colors these festivities. Although charity and good deeds are always important in Islam, they have special significance at the end of Ramadan. As the month draws to a close, Muslims are obligated to share their blessings by feeding the poor and making contributions to mosques.

Read more: www.infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/ramadan1.html#ixzz2aRr6Jstv

Last edited by Ponee on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr Empty Re: Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr

Post by Horizon Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm

I really hope this is the year that changes all of the bad stuff and turns it to good things!
Thinking about their fasting....you know if I would do that for a month, I could really loose some weight!!!! That takes a lot of will power!!!!Rolling Eyes 

Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:18 pm

What, we have a holiday happening? No one told me, I went to work today. BUMMER
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 pm

They owe you a day off then now don't they?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Bump from last year's post

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:34 pm

On the call today, Tony made Ramadan sound like a month long party.  Several times he mentioned that the plan was to RV right before so they could have money for all the celebrations.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum