Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination

2 posters

Go down

Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination Empty Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination

Post by Ponee Fri May 31, 2013 12:26 pm

Today, Radio Free Europe - Radio Liberty did a re-post if this article from 2011. This is not an United States nor a dinar publication company . They are without ulterior motive. To learn more about the organiztion, click here http://www.rferl.org/info/about/176.html

I like the fact that they thought it had enough value and validity to repost it at this time, with all that we are hearing about the developements in Iraq......

Your thoughts opinions are welcome .......

*************************************************************************************************************
http://www.rferl.org/content/iraq_said_planning_currency_overhaul_redenomination/24245867.html

Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination
Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination 7A6132D9-F595-42E1-AA05-F93B92754F1D_w640_r1_s
June 24, 2011

BAGHDAD -- A senior Iraqi Central Bank adviser says the government has adopted a two-pronged plan to restructure the national currency in order to facilitate large transactions and make government accounts more efficient, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq reports.

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of the bank's advisory panel, told RFE/RL on June 23 that in the short term, larger banknote denominations of the dinar would be issued to simplify major transactions.

He said that because so many Iraqis still dealt mainly in cash, it was cumbersome to carry bags full of money to pay for expensive items like cars. The inconvenience leads people making such purchases -- as well as many entrepreneurs -- to use dollars for those kinds of transactions instead of dinars, something the government wants to end.

He added that large denominations equivalent to around $100 would be issued to simplify major purchases, and new coins and lower denominations would be introduced for smaller transactions.

In the longer term, Saleh said a redenomination was needed wherein three zeros will be dropped so that the 25,000-dinar banknote -- currently the largest denomination -- becomes a 25-dinar note.

He said the change was inevitable, considering the economy is expecting high growth in the coming years with a planned increase in oil production to finance reconstruction projects.

Saleh said there were currently some 29 trillion dinars in circulation in Iraq, represented by some 6 trillion banknotes of various denominations, most of them quite small. He said this also caused complications for the Central Bank and government, as well as commercial accounting departments.

Saleh said the monetary-restructuring plan was drawn up with the help of foreign experts and financial institutions, including the International Monetary Fund, of which Iraq has been a member since 1945.

The plan will soon be presented to the cabinet, which is expected to subsequently send a bill to parliament.

Saleh noted that until 1980 the Iraqi dinar exchange rate was 1 dinar/$3.3 compared to $1/1,168 dinars now due to hyperinflation that occurred during the latter part of the late ousted leader Saddam Hussein's reign.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination Empty Re: Iraq Said To Be Planning Currency Overhaul, Redenomination

Post by Jayzze Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 pm

ponee do not worry 2015 is no that far away. imho here is there plan. they come back from there vacation well rested and needs to vote on many key bills they will vote on a few then on the important ones will either stall or do a no querom on m orders. then the same games will go on till ramadan i believe in mid aug for a month then back the end of sept then games till eoy
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum