Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Advice from DocreMeyer DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Advice from DocreMeyer

3 posters

Go down

Advice from DocreMeyer Empty Advice from DocreMeyer

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:13 pm

docremeyer said:This community of seemingly intelligent, savvy, and well-read people amaze me with the ability to create problems and worries when absolutely none actually exist. It smacks of a couple of different schools of thought:

1) The "Every silver lining has a dark cloud" philosphy. In other words, "No real problems exist, so I'm going to waste all my time and energy creating one."

2). The "A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing" school . This belief is so incredibly true as to be painful. It has caused the sales of Prilosec and Preparation-H through the roof. We seem to be a collection of folks with the accumulated basis of a little knowledge of international politics, foreign policy, world finance, and the art of war.

Bad brew it is; especially amongst people with too much time as to become pre-occupied with something we have not one shred of influence or control over.

I respect and generally admire this group for the gentlemanly way you conduct yourselves, but this worrying and hand-wringing is like worrying about the weather or the Second Coming.

For your own sakes, kick back and relax and put your energies into something productive and worthy of your energies. For the past 30+ years I have been compelled to live my life by this well-known prayer, and I submit it to you as a lifesaving and life-giving piece of advice:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Be Blessed, Doc

Back to top Go down

Advice from DocreMeyer Empty Re: Advice from DocreMeyer

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Great words of wisdom!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Not-so-common sense. Too rare these days and in this crazy dinar ride. I enjoyed what the "doc" had to say. Never heard of the syndrome "For every silver lining there must be a cloud", but there are sure lots of people who subscribe to that way of thinking!

Advice from DocreMeyer Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Advice from DocreMeyer Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Seb you will see them- They are the one's walking down the street with a dark, lightning bolting cloud over their head, and they are soaked to the bone-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:53 pm

"Bad brew it is; especially amongst people with too much time as to become pre-occupied with something we have not one shred of influence or control over."

Rings true. Thanks, good post.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks for the great post AJ!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 am

@ADMIN wrote:Thanks for the great post AJ!
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum