Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Federal Reserve Press Release I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Federal Reserve Press Release

Go down

Federal Reserve Press Release Empty Federal Reserve Press Release

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:07 am

Press Release

Release Date: April 4, 2013 For immediate release

The Federal Reserve Board on Thursday announced the finalization of standards for banking organizations regulated by the Federal Reserve that engage in certain types of foreign exchange transactions with retail customers.

The rule, issued pursuant to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, establishes requirements for risk disclosures to customers, recordkeeping, business conduct, and documentation for retail foreign exchange transactions. Regulated institutions engaging in such transactions will be required to notify the Federal Reserve and to be well capitalized. They will also be required to collect margin for retail foreign exchange transactions.

The types of transactions covered by the rule include foreign exchange transactions that are futures or options on futures, over-the-counter options on foreign currency, and so-called rolling spot transactions. The rule covers entities regulated by the Federal Reserve including state-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System, bank and savings and loan holding companies, Edge Act and agreement corporations, and uninsured, state-licensed branches and agencies of foreign banks.

The Federal Reserve consulted with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in developing the rule. The agencies have engaged in separate rulemakings as specified by Dodd-Frank.

The rule will be effective on May 13, 2013.

For media inquiries, call 202-452-2955.

Attachment (PDF)
2013 Banking and Consumer Regulatory Policy

Last update: April 4, 2013
Link: http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/bcreg/20130404a.htm

Back to top Go down

Federal Reserve Press Release Empty Re: Federal Reserve Press Release

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:11 am

Below is the single most important paragraph in the outline of the new regulations. It does not apply to purchases and transactions where the currency is being held by the purchaser.

"First, certain transactions in foreign currency are not "retail forex transactions," and therefore are not subject to the prohibition in section 742(c)(2) of the Dodd-Frank Act. For example, a "spot" forex transaction where one currency is bought for another and the two currencies are exchanged within two days is not a "future" and would not meet the definition of a "retail forex transaction," since actual delivery occurs as soon as practicable."
Attachment (PDF)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 am

AJ, what exactly does this mean for our investment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:31 pm

punisher wrote:AJ, what exactly does this mean for our investment?
Nothing! These new laws pretain to forex trading by banks. So, if you decide to invest after cashin in the forex market through a bank they just have to give disclosures and keep records.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Ok. Figured it didn't mean too much directly.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum