Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget

2 posters

Go down

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget Empty Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 am

This is also from my friend Phil.
Awesome article, the author (economist) explains with Iraq approving their highest budget ($118 Bn) in the history of the country, it's still not enough to cover their expenses. If you look at the graph below, Iraq needs to generate $527 Bn in yearly revenues just meet the avg spending per capital of $15,331 per citizen. In 2009, Iraq spent $1,850 per citizen and forecast based off the $118 Bn 2013 budget to $3440 per citizen. With all that being said, this leads me to believe Iraq can't introduce a new rate (118 * 3.42 = 404) $404 Bn in additional revenue. This is why the economist are screaming from the top of their lungs for the Maliki government to pass the infrastructure laws, tariff's and banking laws to their economy can generate enough revenue to support a high currency value of $3.42 or better. From the graph below their economy needs to generate $527 Bn just to meet the OECD avg of $15,331 per citizen. Now you do the math ($118 / $527) would equal a rate of $4.46 dinars per dollars. Be Happy! The Maliki government can't hold this off forever!

Phil
never enough: how much money does iraq really need for budget?

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 7419159

Iraq’s 2013 budget amounts to US$118 billion. But the figures don’t add up. Doing the sums results in one conclusion: unless something is done differently, Iraq will face serious debt and development problems.

In late October, the Iraqi Cabinet, headed by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, approved the 2013 draft budget. The total amount approved was USD $118 billion, making for an US$18 billion increase on 2012’s budget and making the budget Iraq’s highest ever. The draft will eventually go to the Iraqi Parliament for ratification.

If one considers the state of Iraq – still plagued by power cuts, growing youth unemployment and almost totally dependent on oil revenues – then an increase is surely a positive thing. But will this upcoming budget do the trick?

If Iraq is to become a more developed nation, is this increase enough and is it sustainable? And if it’s not, then what would the Iraqi budget be ideally?

A look at the facts and the figures around this issue may help to work out an answer to those questions. Iraq is near to completely reliant on oil revenues. Oil exports account for 95 percent of government revenues and are equal to 70 percent of the country’s gross domestic product.

Since the 2003 US-led invasion that toppled former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, and then the subsequent removal of international sanctions, Iraq’s oil production and exports have increased steadily. Exports have risen this has corresponded with an increase in oil prices throughout the 2000s, beginning from 2003. Due to this, Iraqi revenues from the oil sector have increased dramatically and this has been reflected in surges in the annual budget. The 2013 budget is the highest in Iraq’s history.

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 1159984

But now we return to the question at hand: how big does the Iraqi budget need to be for it to be adequate? To decide how much is enough, one can look to developed nations for a benchmark - specifically the OECD average, to derive an approximate “ideal” figure from recent expenditure. The following table indicates how much each country spent per citizen in 2009; it also shows the OECD average spend per citizen for 2009.

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 4860931_orig

This turns out to be US$15,331 per citizen. Meanwhile Iraq’s 2013 draft budget is US$118 billion. With Iraq’s population of over 34 million this means Iraq would only be spending about US$3,440 per citizen.

And if Iraq had to spend the OECD average on its citizens, this would add up to $500 billion. This is nigh on impossible.

A look at Iraq’s oil income indicates this: the most that oil income has ever bought Iraq have been US$83 billion in 2011. As Iraq’s highest ever oil revenue is significantly less than its highest budget of (US$118 billion in 2013) and drastically less than the desired budget of over US$500 billion, it quickly becomes evident that oil revenues are never going to cover Iraq’s spending needs.

Of course some might argue that the increasing Iraqi oil production will allow the government to meet Iraq’s fiscal needs in the future. Unfortunately this doesn’t seem very likely. Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest oil exporter and the highest that country has ever earned from oil revenues was US$318 billion in 2011 – still a way away from US$500 billion required in an “ideal” budget.

The International Energy Agency predicts that Iraq will produce more and more oil – up to 4.4 billion barrels per day by 2020 – but the revenues from that won’t even cover Iraq’s budgetary needs today, let alone in 2020 when the population will have risen to an estimated 41.8 million people.

In conclusion, even a simple look at these figures indicates that Iraq will have to look into diversifying beyond its oil revenues if it is ever to develop as a modern nation. The Iraqi government must shift gears and begin broadening revenue streams in order to meet the country’s needs and to see Iraq flourish as a modern nation in the years to come.

http://www.niqash.or...ticles/?id=3171

Back to top Go down

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget Empty Re: Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Very interesting. Thanks for that.

Back to top Go down

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget Empty Re: Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 1150991001

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2805820865  Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2805820865  Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2805820865  Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:09 pm

How I dream of a $3+ rate...

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 pm

That's ALL it is- Until the time comes that it will be a reality- Someday.........
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 pm

It will be reality one day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Somehow, I don't think I'll live to see it- It's gone too far too long-Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 490529750Twisted EvilNever enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2837018037
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm

terbo56 wrote:Somehow, I don't think I'll live to see it- It's gone too far too long-Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 490529750Twisted EvilNever enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2837018037
Sounds like Turbo needs a break and get re-oiled, it did me wonders, even though I came on and just lurked once in a while! I had to get away from the madness of the Guroooos! Calling it everyday! AJ a newly oiled machine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

terbo56 wrote:Somehow, I don't think I'll live to see it- It's gone too far too long-Never enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 490529750Twisted EvilNever enough: How much money does Iraq really need for the Budget 2837018037

Go watch some good movies and eat some good food and hang out with a few good friends and stay off here for 6 days...come back on the 7th day and you will feel much better...for real...try it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:16 am

Actually, I'll do better than that-Twisted Evil
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 am

terbo56 wrote:Actually, I'll do better than that-Twisted Evil
Oh, and what would that be? Your in a good spot Terbo hang in there! AJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum