Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Gun Control? DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Gun Control?

5 posters

Go down

Gun Control? Empty Gun Control?

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Gun Control? Guns10

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gun Control? Empty Re: Gun Control?

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Found this on Face Book ... As a student of history, I know this to be true.
Gun Control? Wounde10
A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY TO THINK ABOUT.......

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE ARE STRIPPED OF THEIR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

December 29, 2012 marks the 122nd Anniversary of the murder of 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. These 297 people, in their winter camp, were murdered by federal agents and members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children. About 40 members of the 7th Cavalry were killed, but over half of them were victims of fratricide from the Hotchkiss guns of their overzealous comrades-in-arms. Twenty members of the 7th Cavalry's death squad, were deemed “National Heroes” and were awarded the Medal of Honor for their acts of [cowardice] heroism.

We hear very little of Wounded Knee today. It is usually not mentioned in our history classes or books. What little that does exist about Wounded Knee is normally a sanitized “Official Government Explanation”. And there are several historically inaccurate depictions of the events leading up to the massacre, which appear in movie scripts and are not the least bit representative of the actual events that took place that day.

Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.

Before you jump on the emotionally charged bandwagon for gun-control, take a moment to reflect on the real purpose of the Second Amendment, the right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The argument that the Second Amendment only applies to hunting and target shooting is asinine. When the United States Constitution was drafted, “hunting” was an everyday chore carried out by men and women to put meat on the table each night, and “target shooting” was an unheard of concept. Musket balls were a precious commodity and were certainly not wasted on “target shooting”. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.

As time goes forward, the average citizen in the United States continually loses little chunks of personal freedom or “liberty”. Far too many times, unjust gun control bills were passed and signed into law under the guise of “for your safety” or “for protection”. The Patriot Act signed into law by G.W. Bush, was expanded and continues under Barack Obama. It is just one of many examples of American citizens being stripped of their rights and privacy for “safety”.

Now, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is on the table, and will, most likely be attacked to facilitate the path for the removal of our firearms, all in the name of “our safety”.

Before any American citizen blindly accepts whatever new firearms legislation that is about to be doled out, they should stop and think about something for just one minute-Evil does exist in our world. It always has and always will. Throughout history evil people have committed evil acts. In the Bible one of the first stories is that of Cain killing Abel. We can not legislate “evil” into extinction. Good people will abide by the law, and the criminal element will always find a way around it.

Evil exists all around us, but looking back at the historical record of the past 200 years, across the globe, where is “evil” and “malevolence” most often found? In the hands of those with the power, the governments. That greatest human tragedies on record and the largest loss of innocent human life can be attributed to governments. Who do the governments always target? “Scapegoats” and “enemies” within their own borders…but only after they have been disarmed to the point where they are no longer a threat. Ask any Native American, and they will tell you it was inferior technology and lack of arms that contributed to their demise. Ask any Armenian why it was so easy for the Turks to exterminate millions of them, and they will answer “We were disarmed before it happened”. Ask any Jew what Hitler’s first step prior to the mass murders of the Holocaust was- confiscation of firearms from the people.

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Rights to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families. Jeffrey E.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865  Gun Control? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Your post was great, Kevin, even though very disturbing. But we need to be reminded of what evil can transpire. Our elected officials and bureaucrats are not always worthy of our trust. Or as you Reagan quote says "Trust but verify." ....And keeping a weapon for self-protection can't hurt either!

The framers of our Constitution did not safeguard the right of the American citizens to bear arms solely for the purpose of hunting. It was to protect the people of this nation from the tyranny of the government.

" ... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-- George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J. Boyd, Ed., 1950]

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
--James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 46

Gun Control? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Gun Control? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Gun Control? Gc10

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Mine's locked and loaded- Let 'em come, and they'll leave in plastic- They better kill me, that's all I gotta say-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Gun Control? Specia10

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 am

As has been stated many times: "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." I would forward the idea that tins is 100% correct at this time in America - the outlaws being our Congress and Administration. Unfortunately, they seem to forget that WE THE PEOPLE come first and THEY are not above the rest of us in any way. What THEY need to remember is that Hitler got all of the guns and look what he did. The way they spend money they do not have what makes one believe they would not do worse things when there are no guns?
I think that FIRST THEY need to deal with their own greed, self egotistical attitude, and elitism. When they are equal to the rest of us in all ways THEN they will be just a vulnerable - I'd bet THEY will exempt themselves from any gun ban as they have from many other laws they have enacted.
I agree, we need protection all right, from our government as witnessed by their unrelenting movement to get our weapons. One of them suggested they were "not after a single shot weapon just the automatics." Really, and what would they want that advantage for? Kind of like taking a knife to a gun fight?
I would put forward this. If their premise to get the guns is because of the shootings in the schools, then they need to thank God that these kids ARE using guns. Look at Columbine, those boys also had bmbs. Look at the worst death toll incident - bombs. Shoot, custodians die every day from mixing the wrong chemicals in their janitor closets. Those chemicals can be obtained from the local grocery - we do it every day. Ammonia and Bleach and presto instant airborne death when mixed in the right proportions. Happens quite often, even as your office is cleaned at night, the bathroom also gets disinfected. Hmmmm.
I wonder why they haven't outlawed bleach and ammonia? Propane, gasoline and paint thinner? Shoot just get on the internet and punch in quarries to your hearts content - they will even give you instructions!!!! Do they outlaw the internet?
Let's outlaw Congressional and Governmental control of guns. In fact let's see that all States have a requirement that ll residents have firearms training and possess at least one. Want a deterrent - there ya go. I find the best deterrent is a 12 gauge - when looking at one of those from the front not too many people (in or out of their minds) would challenge you.
Just a few thoughts. I am more afraid of modern technology than I am of firearms. I am also more afraid of our government than I am of a Kodiak Brown Bear, and I would require those chair bound legislators in Washington DC to place themselves between me and one of those bears should they take away my guns if not, find an answer to your greed politician - you are writting checks that WE THE PEOPLE can not afford with your runaway spending.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I've read every word you all have put into this thread. It makes me sad, but I share a very similar point of view, aksafeone, terbo, Kevin.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

[youtube][/youtube]

The above video puts a little different twist on this, but I believe it needs to be part of the conversation among aware and concerned citizens.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Yea I saw that on Fox ... about as close as I have ever seen the judge to coming unglued... Gun Control? 235134252

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Did anyone else see this article from the 1/29/13 Washington Examiner? I like this new senator from Texas, Ted Cruz!

Ted Cruz to Rahm Emanuel: Back off the gun makers and their banks

January 29, 2013 | 12:58 pm

Gun Control? Gehrke-3

Joel Gehrke

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, responded to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s suggestion that banks stop working with gun makers by telling ‘the Godfather’ he’s a bully and inviting the companies involved in the gun industry to run their businesses out of Texas.

“[Y]our city’s longstanding policies stripping citizens of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms have, in turn, produced some of the very highest crime and murder rates in the nation,” Cruz wrote to Emanuel, whom he suggested is pushing “a partisan agenda” at the expense of Chicagoans.

“Regardless, directing your attack at legitimate firearms manufacturers undermines the Second Amendment rights of Texans, Cruz added. “In the future, I would ask that you keep your efforts to diminish the Bill of Rights north of the Red River.”

Emanuel reportedly wrote TD Bank and Bank of America to request that they revoke the lines of credit they offer to Sturm, Ruger, and Co., and Smith & Wesson, respectively, unless those weapons manufacturers back gun control measures.

“Collectively we can send a clear and unambiguous message to the entire gun industry that investors will no longer financially support companies that support gun violence,” Emanuel wrote.

The new Texas senator said that Emanuel’s letter was “a manifestation of an unabashed agenda to deprive law-abiding citizens of our right to keep and bear arms.”

Cruz’s note to Emanuel appeared in the same letter as a note of encouragement to the companies the mayor mentioned.

“Both of your companies do considerable business in the City of Chicago, and you may be understandably concerned that there are risk to refusing to comply with the demends of a politician who has earned the nickname, ‘The Godfather,’” Cruz wrote to the banks. “In light of the reception you have received in the Windy City, please know that Texas would certainly welcome more of your business and the jobs you create . . . If I can be of assistance in that regard, please do not hesitate to call.”

He had the same message for the gun manufacturers. “Should Mayor Emanuel’s bullying campaign prove successful, I am confident that there are numerous financial institutions in Texas that would be eager to earn your business,” Cruz said.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Gun Control? Aytfu610

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Gun Control? Gun_co10

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Ya forgot one picture there Kevin - our current resident of the White House! Time to get Congress off their collective behinds and get them BEHIND citizen rights - especially the one to keep and bear arms. If they don't want to do that then they should be required to PERSONALLY stand between the citizens and harm that could be prevented with guns. I'd like to volunteer a Kodiak Brown Bear as the test dummy - my money is on the bear!

The ID 10 T that said we don't need anything other than a single shot needs to be the first in line with that bear. I can not think of any big bears that died after being shot one time and it doesn't matter what caliber was used. A bears heart beats only 4 times a minute - they can cover a lot of ground and do a lot of damage in 15 seconds! Bring it on politicians - defend against that baby.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm

When I was up in Kodiak, an old timer told me a Brown Bear ain't dead unless he thinks he is dead ...

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 pm

And that's when he's hibernating-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Yep, that thar b'ar only has one comment upon completion of his devouring a human snack - BURP!!!! Ahhhhh, NEXT.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am

Loaded and safety off. Hit the inside 5 inches or less of the target. That is all the gun control I need.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am

That is all the gun control necessary for anyone. As we say, I keep my guns clean, well oiled and loaded. The rest is history.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:15 am

Better version:

Gun Control? Gun-co10

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 am

Well, they're all dead for the most part, so gun control does work!!And that should go also for the 'Banana farmer',in the Whitehouse Plantation,and all his banana pickers, too, I'm thinkin-Twisted Evil
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum