Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» AMERICA’S COLOR REVOLUTION — Brought To You By The U.S. Intelligence Community & Coming To A City Near You
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 5:58 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 5:49 am by kenlej

» I am too pretty for math, but....
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:56 pm by Mission1st

» Interesting article
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:34 pm by Mission1st

» Phony Tony: New Platform, same old song and dance
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2024 6:32 pm by Mission1st

» The Craziness of Scam by "Tony TNT Renfrow" and the Iraqi Dinar Currency Scam
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm by Mission1st

» Even conspiratorial currency speculators aren’t buying a Russian ruble revalue - It’s not the next the Iraqi dinar
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 1:04 pm by RamblerNash

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2024 5:02 pm by Dorotnas

» Carnival Rides
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
ONION FACTS... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

ONION FACTS...

+5
SEBtopdog
IQD4US
UNEEK
abby ann
Horizon
9 posters

Go down

ONION FACTS... Empty ONION FACTS...

Post by Horizon Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Wow- very interesting....Everyone should read Smile

ONIONS! I had never heard this!!!
PLEASE READ TO THE END: IMPORTANT

ONION FACTS... 598573_4599335833999_1731940786_n
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help... them combat the flu...
Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many died.

The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.

Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser. She said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.

Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia, and, needless to say, I was very ill... I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar, and place the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.

This is the other note. Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us from getting colds and flu and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open.

LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS

I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a chemist.

Ed, who was our tour guide, is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.

"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the summer picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table, and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick.

Ed says that, when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the ONIONS, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.

He explained onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator.

It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!). Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.

Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.

Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.

Please pass this on to all you love and care about.
— with Adonain Danny Rivera.

ONION FACTS... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...ONION FACTS... 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

ONION FACTS... Empty Re: ONION FACTS...

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:51 pm

I hate to be a wet blanket, but we need to file this under myths and legends. First of all, onions are neither a virus or bacterial magnet. In fact, they appear to have mild antiseptic properties. Like most foods, once cut open they can be easily contaminated, and the cut product does need to be handled properly to prevent cross contamination, especially if used raw such as in a potato salad or as a garnish on say your chili dog. It will not however pull germs out of the air.

Second, there is no way the doctor in the story saw the flu virus under a microscope. The flu virus, and all viruses are measure in microns and can only be imaged under an electron microscope, this first happened 12 years later in 1931.

Make no mistake, onions are good for you not to mention delicious. I love eating them, cooking with them, and they are full of all kinds of good stuff, but the info in this article .....

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Oh well, I guess this is one of those things you read and it sounds like it could be for real....sorry I didn't research it!:shock:

ONION FACTS... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...ONION FACTS... 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:53 pm

KEVIN THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!AND YOU ARE PROBABLE RIGHT!!!!BUT I TEND TO AGREE WITH HORIZON!!!I HAVE KNOWN SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT USE THE ONIONS LIKE HORIZON SAID AND I KNOW FIRST HAND IT DOES WORK!!!MAYBE THE FACTS SAY IT WANT WORK!!!BUT IT DOES!!!!I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS ONLY KNOW IT DOES!!!!I WILL CONT. TO KEEP ONE OUT !!!!I HOPE NOT TO OFFEND!!!!AND I KNOW YOU WANT BE!!!!SO THANKS !!!!!SO THATS MY STORY !!!!HEHEHE!!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

It happens .... I just happened to have the fact that viruses are so small you need an electron microscope to see them. That impelled me to look closer. Sorta like the image someone posted on FB yesterday. It was a shot of a beautiful Arabian horse. But something kept niggling at me, couldn't quite put my finger on it, till I brought it into Photoshop THEN it was very apparent. Most people would not have seen it, but we all have our own giftings, talents and experiences. That's why we need each other, and why God tells us not to forsake the assembling together as the Body.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865  ONION FACTS... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:47 pm

THANKS KEVIN!!!!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Onion contains thiosulphinate, a compound that is effective in killing many common bacteria, including Salmonella typhi, Pseudomonas aeriginosa, and Escherichia coli. This finding supports the folk use of onion to treat wounds and skin infections and possibly its use for an upset stomach....more at http://www.herballegacy.com/Peret_History.html loooong read but informative. I learned a long time ago that there is much to be learned from the "old wives tales" that pharmacuetical companies don't want you to know. It is a know blood purifier - so if you get some to eat as well - you will recover faster....just sayin..I care about you guys.
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:42 am

IQD4US wrote:Onion contains thiosulphinate, a compound that is effective in killing many common bacteria, including Salmonella typhi, Pseudomonas aeriginosa, and Escherichia coli. This finding supports the folk use of onion to treat wounds and skin infections and possibly its use for an upset stomach....more at http://www.herballegacy.com/Peret_History.html loooong read but informative. I learned a long time ago that there is much to be learned from the "old wives tales" that pharmacuetical companies don't want you to know. It is a know blood purifier - so if you get some to eat as well - you will recover faster....just sayin..I care about you guys.

This is wonderful news to be hearing - thank you for your contribution -- so glad that I checked in again - !!

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am

I knew that onions had something that was antibacterial in nature, and somewhere in the back of my mind I thought it was a sulfur compound. Thanks IQD. There are other comon spices etc that have similar properties as well ... if I have time I will do a little digging later.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 pm

The above discussion is fascinating, you guys. I don't have anything to contribute because I can't eat onions, especially raw, but I did want to let you know your info is very interesting.

ONION FACTS... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

ONION FACTS... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IQD4US Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:The above discussion is fascinating, you guys. I don't have anything to contribute because I can't eat onions, especially raw, but I did want to let you know your info is very interesting.

No worries - bacause garlic is good for you too. Lowers cholesterol, keeps away parasites and blood suckers like fleas mosquitos and ticks, clears the blood paths.

If it is lungs - then LEMON juice is a great purifier there. Won't let the mucus settle - will make for a productive cough.

To keep the throat from becoming infected with what you cough out - salt water gargle (1 tsp salt to 1 cup WARM water), the same solution only weaker (1/2 tsp salt to 8 oz water) can be used in a bulb syring to squirt up the nasel - breath in slightly after squirting - feel the burn - and blow blow blow. You will be clear for 4-8 hours.

Sugar problems? Cinamon. Sprinkle on your lightly buttered toast in the morning for a natural aid to your insulin production.

Bloated or holding water - eat green apples for a day ( you will also lose about 3-5 lbs)

Have swelling anywhere on a specific body part - boiled or steamed cabbage. Works great for water on the knee. Boil the cabbage and when cool enough to touch - place on the swollen area and wrap or cover with a towel for about 20 min to 1/2 hour.

Earache - slice an onion and place over the ear for about 30 min.

Need to clear your eyesight - seem to strain? slap your hands together and rub them vigorously for about 30 sec. Without pushing on your eyes, close your eyes and cover them with your hands. You will see alot of white even though your eyes are closed. With your eyes still closed - try to focus foward until you have just a small point of light. (takes about 1-2 minutes depending on how stressed your eyes are - but for your first time you can do it for about 30 sec to see for yourself that it works.) Carefully - as your eyes will have focused and relaxed in the dark - first remove your hands only to allow your lids to adjust to exterior light - then slowly open your eyes - you will see clearer details.

Want to cut your hair? Do you want it to grow - or would you like longer times between cuts (guys prefer to not have to run to the barber every 2 weeks) Simple - for the hair to grow fast - cut while the moon is waxing. For hair to grow slow - cut while the hair is waning. NEVER EVER cut your hair during a full or new moon. That includes the day of, day before, and day after.

Want your nails to grow and/or be thicker? Take 1 min 3 x a day and drum your nails on the table. The nail matrix will think it is under attack and produce more cells - thus producing a thicker nail - and since it is under attack - it will grow to support the nail bed as well.

White lines in your nails? Proobably deficient in vitamin D and or calcium. Milk won't do the trick - and calcium is hard on the stomach - so get Dolomite. It will say right on there to take 4-6 at 1 time - and that is correct. But it will not irritate your stomach and is the easiest form of calcium for the body to digest.

Well - thats all I have for now...I am sure I will think of more.

Last edited by IQD4US on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Sooooooo interesting, IQD4US. Thanks!

ONION FACTS... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

ONION FACTS... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Green apples? Cripes, I'd have to pitch a tent over the porcelain bus! And I'd lose ALOT more weight than that- I'd lose so much, I'd look like 'Casper' the ghost!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm

I tried the whole onion thing just recently when a virus spread through our family and unfortunately it didn't work. I had onions everywhere to avoid any more sick people but it just kept spreading. Sorry guys but it didn't work for us, maybe we did something wrong?!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alleysplace1/
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm

alleyrose wrote:I tried the whole onion thing just recently when a virus spread through our family and unfortunately it didn't work. I had onions everywhere to avoid any more sick people but it just kept spreading. Sorry guys but it didn't work for us, maybe we did something wrong?!

Nope I don't think so. Probably you would have done better eating them.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by doodoo Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Y'all ever had a Vidalia onion from my great state? So sweet you can bite into one just like an apple. Probably not very good at casting out evil spirits though. ONION FACTS... 3508649203

Betcha if you go eating onions and garlic and spreading them all around that your love life is the first thing to stay away from you! ONION FACTS... 3620659366

SENATOR DOODOO
Support Term Limits for US Congress
doodoo
doodoo
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm

doodoo wrote:Y'all ever had a Vidalia onion from my great state? So sweet you can bite into one just like an apple. Probably not very good at casting out evil spirits though. ONION FACTS... 3508649203

Betcha if you go eating onions and garlic and spreading them all around that your love life is the first thing to stay away from you! ONION FACTS... 3620659366

Well, yes, yes I have ..... and I never eat onions or garlic without feeding it to my wife as well.... Twisted Evil

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum