Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

VIETNAM Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported

Go down

VIETNAM  Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported Empty VIETNAM Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported

Post by 1alaskan Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Banks’ bad debts to real estate sector worse than initially reported

The unexpected report about the banks’ bad debts to the real estate sector has been released by the National Finance Supervision Council, which shows that the actual bad debts are much higher than the figures announced before by government agencies.

Actual bad debts 1.8 times higher than previously reported

By the end of 2011, the total outstanding loans provided to fund real estate projects had reached 348 trillion dong. The figure, according to the National Finance Supervision Council, is 1.8 times higher than the figure released by commercial banks before, at 200 trillion dong.

The Ministry of Construction and the State Bank of Vietnam were the two ministries which released the figure of 200 trillion dong, affirming that the real estate credit is not a worrying problem.

Also according to the council, the actual bad debts of commercial banks are 8 times higher than the figures released by the banks themselves. This shows that since June 2011, when the bank bad debt problem was alerted and banks were told to reduce the proportion of lending to non-production sectors to 22 percent of total outstanding loans, to now, banks have been trying to conceal the actual lending and the bad debt ratios.

BIDV is reportedly the bigger lender with the outstanding loans provided to the real estate sector reaching 42 trillion dong. Vietinbank has been found as the second biggest lender with the outstanding loans of 41 trillion dong. Both the banks have the loans to the real estate sector accounting for 14 percent of total outstanding loans.

Meanwhile, ACB and Sacombank both have been listed in the top 10 which comprises of the biggest lenders in the real estate sector. All of the above said banks are the biggest ones in Vietnam.

However, it is the small banks, which have the highest ratios of real estate lending on the total outstanding loans. These include Phuong Nam, Phuong Tay and Dong A which have the ratio at 26 percent. Meanwhile, SHB also has the real estate loans accounting for 18 percent of total outstanding loans.

It’s clear that the ratios could not be considered as “within the safety” as declared by the banks. The ratios should be 3-5 percent to be considered “safe.” Only Agribank admitted the bad debt ratio at higher than six percent, while others have not admitted their real situation.

Some banking experts have recently predicted that about 50 percent of real estate loans may become irrecoverable debts.

The report by the finance supervision council pointed out that the total value of the loans provided by the 10 biggest lenders has reached 254 trillion, much higher than the 147 trillion dong reported by banks.

How high is the actual bad debt ratio?

Different figures released by different institutions have made people confused. In the fourth quarter of 2011, Dr Le Xuan Nghia, who was then Deputy Chair of the Finance Supervision Council, said that both the council and the State Bank could not obtain the actual figures about the outstanding loans to the real estate sectors and the bad debts.

Prior to that, the State Bank twice asked banks to submit reports about debts and bad debts. However, no final figure has been released.

In late May 2012, the State Bank informed at the National Assembly’s session that the bad debt ratio had climbed to 10 percent. Meanwhile, the ratio released by the bank at the National Assembly’s session in November 2011 was 3.4 percent only.

As such, the bad debt ratio of the banking system increased by three times just within six months, while updated information has not been released.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8621

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum