Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official

Go down

VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official  Empty VIETNAM Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official

Post by 1alaskan Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Exchange rate likely to increase in 4th quarter: HSBC official

The dong-dollar exchange rate will probably rise in the fourth quarter when there is an increase in demand for foreign currency for debt repayment and import of goods for the Tet holidays, says Pham Hong Hai, Managing Director of HSBC Bank Vietnam Ltd.

He was speaking on “The heat of exchange rate and interest rate” at a meeting of Ho Chi Minh City CEO Club at the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon on Wednesday.

“There are fluctuations in the world’s economy, several economies are in trouble with little growth while Vietnam has its own problems, making it hard for the exchange rate to be stable,” he said
Hai said it is still hard to predict what will happen to the Eurozone. If Greece, Italy and Spain withdraw from the Eurozone as they have planned, it will affect the US dollar and indirectly influence the exchange rate in Vietnam.

However he also said "there would not be much change because the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) has recently changed its way of management.”

According to Hai, SBV previously acted when there was a 3-5 percent difference between the market price and that of the bank. Now, the central bank was reacting faster to even smaller changes.

It will immediately try to find out the major causes and deal with the problems by intervening in commercial banks or providing the market with a source of foreign currency. The problems will be solved quickly, making the market more stable, Hai said.

In addition to predicting the increase in exchange rate later this year, Hai also said people would make a move from Vietnamese dong to US dollars because of lower interest rates on dong deposits.

Another guest speaker at the meeting, economist Tran Du Lich, said the Government has kept too tight a grip on cash flow, making it hard for bad debts to be paid, which also affected economic growth.

Lich, who is a former member of the National Assembly of the 9th, 12th and 13th terms and former Director of Ho Chi Minh City Economic Institute, said, “The bad debts are like huge blood clots both in the arteries and veins of the body of the Vietnamese economy.”

The policies which have been used have been like “too many antibiotics” for the “sick” economy. Better financial policies are needed to reduce such “blood clots”, Lich said.

When asked if a major restructuring program can be implemented to help the Vietnamese economy grow better, Lich said it was like a major operation and cannot be done at the moment because the health indices are not as good as they should be.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/pages/20120628-exchange-rate-likely-to-increase-in-4th-quarter.aspx

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum