Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

VIETNAM Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction

Go down

VIETNAM  Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction Empty VIETNAM Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction

Post by 1alaskan Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Bonds unsalable, capital flow changes direction

The bond bids held at the Hanoi Stock Exchange recently cannot attract investors, leaving bonds unsalable. No once could imagine before that banks would stop injecting money in bonds, because bonds were considered as the optimal solution to the banks which have profuse capital.

However, the capital flow has changed its direction recently. The latest government bond bidding, which took place on June 21, 2012, did not succeed with a very low percentage of bonds sold at 8 percent. Only 400 billion dong worth of bonds were sold, while the Treasury looked for the buyers for 5 trillion dong worth of bonds.

Only 100 billion dong worth of 2-year bonds were sold (10 percent of the total amount of bonds offered), 100 billion dong worth of 3-year bonds (5 percent), 200 billion dong worth of 5-year bonds (10 percent). The interest rates had been fixed at 9.2 percent for 2-year bond, 9.4 percent for 3-year and 9.55 percent for 5-year bonds.

The Hanoi Exchange, in its report, pointed out that the indifference kept by the market’s members was the main reason behind the low sales of bonds. Only several members joined the bids which were only interested in long term bonds.

Especially, only two members joined the bids for 2-year bonds, while five members joined the bids for 3-year bonds and four members planned to buy 5-year bonds.

The quietness of the primary bond market could be seen most clearly in the first two weeks of June. The State Treasury failed to mobilize sufficient capital at all the three bids, taken place on June 7, June 13 and June 21. Especially, only 8 percent of bonds were sold at the bid on June 21.

MB Securities believes that the bond interest rates have become much lower than investors’ expectations, thus making bonds no more attractive to banks, even though banks still have redundant capital.

Commercial banks now try to push up lending to obtain the monthly two percent credit growth rates in the second half of 2012.

According to the Hanoi Stock Exchange, 1250 billion dong worth of government bonds and 3060 billion dong worth of guaranteed government bonds have been successfully issued in the last two weeks. The ratio of sold bonds on the offered volume of bond was at very low level, while the bond yield has been hovering around 8.9-9.4 percent for 2, 3 and 5-year term bonds.

The primary bond market is forecast to be less bustling in the time to come, because the volume of bonds to become matured in the upcoming months is not big.

The interest rates have been decreasing significantly after the State Bank lowered the ceiling deposit interest rate by two percentage points and slashed key interest rates by one percentage point.

Currently, the short term deposit (less than one year) interest rates have been around 9 percent per annum, while banks pay 12-14 percent per annum for long term capital.

The move is believed to help balance the capital structure to ease the liquidity risks. Banks now have short term capital in excess, while they lack long term capital.

In fact, the first signs of the bond market decrease appeared in the second half of May already. At that time, though the market was bustling, the Treasury never could mobilize sufficient capital. The sharp fall of the bond yield has been cited as the main reason behind the lessened attractiveness of bonds in the eyes of banks.

The current bond yields are about 8.8-9.5 percent, which are believed to decrease further in the time to come, when the State further slashes key interest rates by one or two more percent.

http://vietnammarkets.com/news.php?nid=8593

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum