Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
What Happened June 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

What Happened June 13th

Go down

What Happened June 13th Empty What Happened June 13th

Post by Ponee Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:13 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court established Miranda rights. (1966) In Miranda v. Arizona, the Supreme Court determined that all criminals must be informed of their rights before interrogation. This evolved into the standard language provided in a Miranda warning. In 1963, Ernesto Miranda was accused and convicted of abduction and rape due to a seemingly coerced confession that he later recanted. The Supreme Court overturned his conviction, but he was retried and convicted again in 1966. He was released from prison in 1972 and later stabbed to death in a men's room at a bar where he was playing poker in 1976.

The first spacecraft left our solar system. (1983)Pioneer 10 was the first man-made object to be launched out of our solar system. It also was the first spacecraft to fly through the asteroid belt and to record observations of Jupiter. The probe is still out there somewhere, but communications with it were lost in 2003.

Rhode Island banned the importation of slaves. (1774) Rhode Island was the first of the British colonies to ban slavery.

The first "official" auto race occurred in Paris. (1895) It was a 732-mile (1,178-kilometer) race from Paris to Bordeaux and back. The winner, Emile Levassor, finished the course in just 49 hours, at an average speed of 15 miles per hour (24 kilometers per hour).

The first black justice was nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court. (1967) President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated Thurgood Marshall, who was the Solicitor General at the time. He served on the court from October 2, 1967 to October 1, 1991. Marshall was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom posthumously by Bill Clinton in 1993.

Michael Jackson was acquitted of child molestation. (2005) Jackson was accused of molesting Gavin Arvizo, a 13-year-old cancer survivor who was visiting the Neverland Ranch.

Former President George H.W. Bush celebrated his 80th birthday by leaping from a plane. (2004) To celebrate, he parachuted a 13,000-foot (3,962-meter) jump in College Station, Texas.

Turkish gunman Mehmet Ali Agca was pardoned. (2000) Italy pardoned the gunman who tried to assassinate Pope John Paul II. He served 19 years for the shooting before he was pardoned and deported to Turkey. In Turkey, he served another sentence for murdering a journalist, Abdi Ipekci. He was released in January 2010.

The film Lolita opened. (1962) Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of the highly controversial novel by Vladimir Nabokov was no less controversial than the novel. Kubrick faced strong opposition from censors in the film industry and felt that he wasn't able to properly portray the main character's sexual obsession with 12-year-old Lolita for fear of the film being banned.

A teenager shot blanks at Queen Elizabeth II. (1981) During the Trooping the Colour ceremony, Marcus Sarjeant shot six blank shots at the queen. Sarjeant applied to and was rejected by fire and police departments and ended up working in a zoo. He then became unemployed and lived with his mother. When he was caught on the street he said, "I wanted to be famous. I wanted to be a somebody." He was sentenced to five years in prison; he served three, mostly at a psychiatric institute. He was released when he was 20, changed his name and started a new life.

American musician Benny Goodman died. (1986) Benny Goodman, also known as the King of Swing, was one of the most popular jazz musicians, clarinetists and big band leaders in history. His band served to launch the careers of many important jazz musicians during times of segregation, including jazz guitarist Charlie Christian and drummer Gene Krupa.

American journalist Tim Russert died. (2008) Russert hosted the popular American news show Meet the Press for more than 16 years — the show's longest-running host. In 2008, Time magazine listed Russert on its top 100 most influential people list.

Irish author William Butler Yeats was born. (1865) Yeats was the first Irish-born person to win the Nobel Prize for Literature, which was awarded for his poetry work.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum