Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

4 posters

Go down

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Empty MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

Post by Ponee Wed May 30, 2012 1:27 pm

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

24/05/2012 11:52:00 RUDAW

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region- Kurdish members of Iraqi Parliament’s Finance Committee have denied that there is currently any proposed law regarding the removal of zeros on the Iraqi banknote.

Ahmad Faizulla, an MP from the Kurdistan alliance in Iraqi parliament and member of the finance committee, dismissed claims that their committee has prepared and drafted a law to alter the currency.

“The finance committee cannot make such a decision,” he said. “We can only suggest projects. The drafted projects will be presented to parliament for discussions for voting. This is something that must go through legal channels.”

Heitham Jiburry, a member of the finance committee, announced last week that eliminating zeros on Iraqi banknotes will be implemented early next year. “It is expected that the process of printing new currency will start next August,” he said.

Jiburry also remarked, “The process of replacing the old currency to the new one will continue throughout next year. The old currency will completely be gone in the first 6 months of 2014.”

In April, the chief of staff of Iraqi Council of Ministries suspended the process indefinitely.

Fazil Nabi, Iraq’s deputy finance minister, previously told Rudaw that eliminating zeros on Iraq’s currency will not increase the value of Iraqi dinars.

However, Jiburry said, the process will make the Iraqi dinar more stable and reduce demands for foreign currency among people.

Nabi told Rudaw, “Implementing this process is related to the central bank. I always believed that this wouldn’t work at least at this stage.”

Economists believe Iraq is not ready to eliminate zeros on its currency, and that for the process to be successful security, political and economic stability is needed.

But Shorsh Haji, an Iraqi MP from the Change Movement (Gorran) maintained that there is indeed a proposal to modify the currency.

“Such an idea to eliminate zeros on Iraqi currency does exist,” Haji said. “The process of withdrawing all the old bills and replacing them with new ones needs a special budget, which was not designated from the 2012 budget. It is believed that this budget will be designated in 2013.”

Regarding possible economic benefits of a currency change, Haji said, “The benefit would be more in appearance. Currently, the value of the Iraqi dinar has dropped and is unstable. After removing zeros instead of saying 123,000 IQD is equal to US$100 we will say 123 Dinars is equal to US$100. It is just to show that Iraq has a strong economy.”

Making changes in Iraq’s banknotes may add to already heightened tensions between Baghdad and Erbil. Kurdish MPs in Baghdad say that if such a law is passed in parliament, the new bills must have Kurdish alongside Arabic script on them, as stipulated by the constitution.

“So far, there has not been any designs for the new bills,” Haji noted. “Without a doubt, having Kurdish written on the new bills will be our pre-condition.”

According to Article 4 of the Constitution, Kurdish and Arabic are the official languages of Iraq and both languages must appear on Iraqi banknotes.

Section two of the article says, “Use of both languages is enjoined by the principle of equality such as banknotes, passports, and stamps.”

Haji is optimistic about the future use of the Kurdish language on Iraqi official documents.

“I don’t expect that this constitutional right will be ignored or cause more tensions between Baghdad and Erbil,” he said. “This is a legal and constitutional subject. There are also Kurdish-Arabic interpreters in Parliament. Kurdish MPs can speak Kurdish if they want. However, it has become a habit for them to speak Arabic in the Parliament.”

MP Faizulla is more skeptical, saying, “Many constitutional articles and rights have already been violated. This will depend on agreements between the political parties. If the political parties don’t agree, it most likely won’t happen.”

http://www.rudaw.net/english/news/iraq/4770.html

Last edited by Ponee on Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Empty Re: MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 pm

August now....not September or january ....they need to make up their minds.

Back to top Go down

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Empty Re: MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

Post by Catherine Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 pm

punisher wrote:August now....not September or january ....they need to make up their minds.

What about June?!

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Smiley-happy093MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  7_11_117MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed May 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Dear Ponee: Did you translate the translation? I ask because I could actually understand this one, for a change. :cheers: One teensy request though: When you highlight something would you mind not doing it in yellow? I can't read it on my ginormous Dell office computer, and I'll bet anyone trying to read on a i-pad or a smart phone has no chance at all of reading the yellow text. Thanks.....I appreciate your consideration of my old eyeballs. ☀

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Catherine wrote:
punisher wrote:August now....not September or january ....they need to make up their minds.

What about June?!

I hope for june Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Not sure, but I think I smell smoke ... :evil: as to the yellow, try highlighting (selecting) it it'll make it easy to read. Yellow is almost impossible against a white background.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  2805820865  MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  2805820865  MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  2805820865  MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 pm

I smell smoke too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 pm

That's cuz I am so HOT!! Wink

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Smiley-happy093MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  7_11_117MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes  Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Haha Smile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum