Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Another WD-40..... DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Another WD-40.....

+2
abby ann
Horizon
6 posters

Go down

Another WD-40..... Empty Another WD-40.....

Post by Horizon Fri May 25, 2012 10:27 am

Hey I got this in an email this morning and thought I would share.....

Before you read to the end, does anybody know what the main ingredient of WD-40 is? Don't lie and don't cheat . WD-40 . Who knew; I had a neighbor who bought a new pickup .
I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that someone had spray painted red all around the sides of this beige truck (for some unknown reason) .
I went over, woke him up, and told him the bad news . He was very upset and was trying to figure out what to do . . . . probably nothing until Monday morning, since nothing was open .
Another neighbor came out and told him to get his WD-40 and clean it off . It removed the unwanted paint beautifully and did not harm his paint job that was on the truck . I'm impressed! WD-40 who knew? 'Water Displacement #40' .
The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts .
WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company . Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound . . They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40 . The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts . Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you . . . When you read the 'shower door' part, try it .
It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door . If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass . It's a miracle! Then try it on your stove top . . . Viola! It's now shinier than it's ever been . You'll be amazed .

WD-40 uses:
1 . Protects silver from tarnishing .
2 . Removes road tar and grime from cars .
3 . Cleans and lubricates guitar strings .
4 . Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery .
5 . Keeps flies off cows .
6 . Restores and cleans chalkboards .
7 . Removes lipstick stains .
8 . Loosens stubborn zippers .
9 . Untangles jewelry chains .
10 . Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11 . Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12 . Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing .
13 . Removes tomato stains from clothing .
14 . Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots .
15 . Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors .
16 . Keeps scissors working smoothly .
17 . Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes .
18 . It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor. Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring . It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off . Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks .
19 . Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly. Use WD-40.
20 . Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide .
21 . Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.
22 . Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises .
23 . Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open .
24 . Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close .
25 . Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers .
26 . Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles .
27 . Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28 . Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling .
29 . Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly .
30 . Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools .
31 . Removes splattered grease on stove .
32 . Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging .
33 . Lubricates prosthetic limbs .
34 . Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell) .
35 . Removes all traces of duct tape .
36 . Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain .
37 . Florida 's favorite use is: 'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers .
38 . The favorite use in the state of New York , WD-40 protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements .
39 . WD-40 attracts fish . Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time . Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose .
40 . Use it for fire ant bites . . It takes the sting away, immediately, and stops the itch .
41 . WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls
42 . Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash .
43 . If you sprayed WD-40 on a distributor cap, it displaces the moisture and allows the car to start.
P.S. The basic ingredient in WD-40 is FISH OIL ....

Another WD-40..... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Another WD-40..... 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another WD-40..... Empty Re: Another WD-40.....

Post by abby ann Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 am

THANKS HORIZON!!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Actually according to WD-40:

What a Fish story!

Myth: WD-40 contains fish oil.
Fact:
Consumers
have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest
fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40.
We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must
contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40 can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40 to attract fish.

“WD-40 Cures Arthritis!” No Way.

Myth: WD-40 cures arthritis.
Fact:
This popular headline, appearing at least once a year in the tabloids, is completely FALSE. WD-40 Company does not recommend the use of WD-40 for medical purposes, and knows no reason why WD-40 would be effective for arthritis pain relief. WD-40
contains petroleum distillates and should be handled with the same
precautions for any product containing this type of material.

http://www.wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Well my goodness, horizon. This is a super addition to the previous discussion of WD-40. Pretty amazing stuff! Thanks.

Another WD-40..... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Another WD-40..... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Kevind53, you're like "Mr. Wizard" of the "Soon to Have a Name" site. We can always count on you to have research at hand to prove facts or debunk myths. Suspect Razz

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Really WD-40 is supposed to do so much.....I needed some the other day to get a knot out of the horses tail....not a can anywhere around!!!! My husband get some kinda stuff like WD-40 that he uses, that cost much more than WD-40 that he likes better for work. So that tells you how much WD-40 I use....but I do use it on my horses mane and tails when they have a tangle, or should I say ....looks like a bird nest in their tail....it works!!!!

Another WD-40..... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Another WD-40..... 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sat May 26, 2012 8:19 am

That must be 'P,B. Blaster', or S-55-The company that invented P.B.Blaster has been in business since 1957- S-55 is more or less a silicone based lubricant- Just don't use it on your horses tail- P.B.Blaster WILL eat through a styrofoam or plastic cup-:cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 am

So will peppermint oil, it eats right through Styrofoam. WD-40 is 50% mineral spirits, so it will dissolve some plastics as well. BTW did you know Styrofoam also melts in the microwave?

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865  Another WD-40..... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 26, 2012 10:03 am

@Kevind53 wrote:So will peppermint oil, it eats right through Styrofoam. WD-40 is 50% mineral spirits, so it will dissolve some plastics as well. BTW did you know Styrofoam also melts in the microwave?

Hey Kevin I knew Styrofoam melts in the Microwave.....I've done it! Also, don't put a fried egg on a Styrofoam plate....it melts right through it!!!!Laughing

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 26, 2012 10:08 am

We found out about peppermint oil the hard way, we were traveling and at a hotel, I had some water, and put a few drops of oil into it for flavor ... (hmm it might have been wintergreen now that I think about it,) A minute later I picked up the cup to take a sip and the bottom had dissolved. Apparently the oil went mostly to the bottom of the cup and ate right through it ... what a mess!

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 26, 2012 10:09 am

@terbo56 wrote:That must be 'P,B. Blaster', or S-55-The company that invented P.B.Blaster has been in business since 1957- S-55 is more or less a silicone based lubricant- Just don't use it on your horses tail- P.B.Blaster WILL eat through a styrofoam or plastic cup-:cheers:

I will have to ask him what the name of the stuff is. He does Electrical work and they come across alot of things that are froze up and whatever it is just breaks it real easy. He does alot of work on pumps and things in the land fills to keep them running correctly, and they come across some nasty stuff!

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 am

@Kevind53 wrote:We found out about peppermint oil the hard way, we were traveling and at a hotel, I had some water, and put a few drops of oil into it for flavor ... (hmm it might have been wintergreen now that I think about it,) A minute later I picked up the cup to take a sip and the bottom had dissolved. Apparently the oil went mostly to the bottom of the cup and ate right through it ... what a mess!

Bet that was a surprise! Makes you wonder if you should drink it, what will it do to your insides???lol Maybe it was the Water???lol I know I have been some place and just the smell of the water I could not have drank it! I am spoiled to our well water, it is so good! I have been places that my horses would not drink their water, we have had to add things to the water to make them drink it, or find a creek.:?:

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 am

@horizon wrote:
@Kevind53 wrote:We found out about peppermint oil the hard way, we were traveling and at a hotel, I had some water, and put a few drops of oil into it for flavor ... (hmm it might have been wintergreen now that I think about it,) A minute later I picked up the cup to take a sip and the bottom had dissolved. Apparently the oil went mostly to the bottom of the cup and ate right through it ... what a mess!

Bet that was a surprise! Makes you wonder if you should drink it, what will it do to your insides???lol Maybe it was the Water???lol I know I have been some place and just the smell of the water I could not have drank it! I am spoiled to our well water, it is so good! I have been places that my horses would not drink their water, we have had to add things to the water to make them drink it, or find a creek.:?:

Yeeks.....If my horse wouldn't drink the water, I think I'd trust his instincts and not drink it either. Of course sometime animals can just be fussy. I had a shih tzu who would only drink from a water bowl if she was the first one there. If any other dog drank from the bowl before she did, she would not touch it. I guess she didn't like dog slobber.Rolling Eyes rabbit ❤

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 26, 2012 11:15 am

I always bring bottled water on trips, or my own water! ☀

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 am

We had a cat who would only drink water if he saw you run it into the dish. When he was thirsty he would stand there and merrow at you until you got up and ran fresh water in the dish.... didn't mater if you had filled it two minutes ago, he had to "see" you run it ... animals. like people can be a little wacky. Rolling Eyes

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Sat May 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Back to the topic, that was so cleverly hijacked, WD-40 is also a good hand cleaner, and can also be used as a starting fluid.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

@Cardiac99 wrote:Back to the topic, that was so cleverly hijacked, WD-40 is also a good hand cleaner, and can also be used as a starting fluid.

Cardiac99 -- "starting fluid"? Do you mean to help start a vehicle, or to start a charcoal fire? Sorry, I'm not following here..... :geek: scratch

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat May 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Another WD-40..... Hijack14

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum