Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY...

+4
rick152
abby ann
Kevind53
Horizon
8 posters

Go down

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Empty IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY...

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 am

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 23_33_13
YES...SMILE...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY....IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3_4_31Whoo...Hoooo...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 36_1_55

But first....Let's have some Coffee and Talk about our plans for the weekend.....anyone have any?????

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlWKM_46ilRB66O9qCJQYUYTfcP9Jc2Wtc_Zc4t44JYBZXoQnsOVHHI87IIT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcWulbHGSPZjsGQod4k_Z4sapLDod0mpaGvUP8gJzk-D9IEumEBOlY6sR1AIT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeHVFTC_UuFBTIfqZK8UORDLL0MTRdyTiEXaAveeOPfvx1YFfwvQAs AbbyAnn would say..."YUMMY"IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2859867778
IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3_4_30

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Sig

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Empty Re: IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY...

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 18, 2012 10:20 am

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Finall10

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2805820865  IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2805820865  IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2805820865  IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 am

@horizon wrote:IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 23_33_13
YES...SMILE...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY....IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3_4_31Whoo...Hoooo...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 36_1_55

But first....Let's have some Coffee and Talk about our plans for the weekend.....anyone have any?????

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlWKM_46ilRB66O9qCJQYUYTfcP9Jc2Wtc_Zc4t44JYBZXoQnsOVHHI87IIT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcWulbHGSPZjsGQod4k_Z4sapLDod0mpaGvUP8gJzk-D9IEumEBOlY6sR1AIT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeHVFTC_UuFBTIfqZK8UORDLL0MTRdyTiEXaAveeOPfvx1YFfwvQAs AbbyAnn would say..."YUMMY"IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 2859867778
IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3_4_30

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Sig
YUMMY YUMMY !!!!!THANKS HORIZON!!!!!SOOOO GGOOOODD!!!!!COME ON FANG2 LETS EAT!!!!IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 974290055 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 1261280965 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 949729897 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3151798102 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 3151798102
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 am

@Kevind53 wrote:IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Finall10
HEY KEVIN!!!!I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU NEW MY NEPHEW GEORGE!!!!!BUT THERE HE IS!!!!!HELLO GEORGE!!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri May 18, 2012 10:49 am

Here is a treat for all of us coffee drinkers around the dianr and Regular world...
Thank you to Yahoo health for this one...

MILWAUKEE (AP) — One of life's simple pleasures just got a little
sweeter. After years of waffling research on coffee and health, even
some fear that java might raise the risk of heart disease, a big study
finds the opposite: Coffee drinkers are a little more likely to live
longer. Regular or decaf doesn't matter.
The study of 400,000
people is the largest ever done on the issue, and the results should
reassure any coffee lovers who think it's a guilty pleasure that may do
harm.
"Our study suggests that's really not the case," said lead
researcher Neal Freedman of the National Cancer Institute. "There may
actually be a modest benefit of coffee drinking."
No one knows
why. Coffee contains a thousand things that can affect health, from
helpful antioxidants to tiny amounts of substances linked to cancer. The
most widely studied ingredient — caffeine — didn't play a role in the
new study's results.
It's not that earlier studies were wrong.
There is evidence that coffee can raise LDL, or bad cholesterol, and
blood pressure at least short-term, and those in turn can raise the risk
of heart disease.
Even in the new study, it first seemed that
coffee drinkers were more likely to die at any given time. But they also
tended to smoke, drink more alcohol, eat more red meat and exercise
less than non-coffee-drinkers. Once researchers took those things into
account, a clear pattern emerged: Each cup of coffee per day nudged up
the chances of living longer.
The study was done by the National
Institutes of Health and AARP. The results are published in Thursday's
New England Journal of Medicine.
Careful, though — this doesn't
prove that coffee makes people live longer, only that the two seem
related. Like most studies on diet and health, this one was based
strictly on observing people's habits and resulting health. So it can't
prove cause and effect.
But with so many people, more than a
decade of follow-up and enough deaths to compare, "this is probably the
best evidence we have" and are likely to get, said Dr. Frank Hu of the
Harvard School of Public Health. He had no role in this study but helped
lead a previous one that also found coffee beneficial.
The new
one began in 1995 and involved AARP members ages 50 to 71 in California,
Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and
Atlanta and Detroit. People who already had heart disease, a stroke or
cancer weren't included. Neither were folks at diet extremes — too many
or too few calories per day.
The rest gave information on coffee
drinking once, at the start of the study. "People are fairly consistent
in their coffee drinking over their lifetime," so the single measure
shouldn't be a big limitation, Freedman said.
Of the 402,260
participants, about 42,000 drank no coffee. About 15,000 drank six cups
or more a day. Most people had two or three.
By 2008, about 52,000
of them had died. Compared to those who drank no coffee, men who had
two or three cups a day were 10 percent less likely to die at any age.
For women, it was 13 percent.
Even a single cup a day seemed to
lower risk a little: 6 percent in men and 5 percent in women. The
strongest effect was in women who had four or five cups a day — a 16
percent lower risk of death.
None of these are big numbers, though, and Freedman can't say how much extra life coffee might buy.
"I really can't calculate that," especially because smoking is a key factor that affects longevity at every age, he said.
Coffee
drinkers were less likely to die from heart or respiratory disease,
stroke, diabetes, injuries, accidents or infections. No effect was seen
on cancer death risk, though.
Other research ties coffee drinking
to lower levels of markers for inflammation and insulin resistance.
Researchers also considered that people in poor health might refrain
from drinking coffee and whether their abstention could bias the
results. But the study excluded people with cancer and heart disease —
the most common health problems — to minimize this chance. Also, the
strongest benefits of coffee drinking were seen in people who were
healthiest when the study began.
About two-thirds of study
participants drank regular coffee, and the rest, decaf. The type of
coffee made no difference in the results.
Hu had this advice for coffee lovers:
— Watch the sugar and cream. Extra calories and fat could negate any benefits from coffee.
— Drink filtered coffee rather than boiled — filtering removes compounds that raise LDL, the bad cholesterol.
Researchers did not look at tea, soda or other beverages but plan to in future analyses.
Lou
and Mariann Maris have already compared them. Sipping a local brew at a
lakefront coffee shop, the suburban Milwaukee couple told of how they
missed coffee after briefly giving it up in the 1970s as part of a
health kick that included transcendental meditation and eating
vegetarian.
Mariann Maris switched to tea after being treated for
breast cancer in 2008, but again missed the taste of coffee. It's one of
life's great pleasures, especially because her husband makes it, she
said.
"Nothing is as satisfying to me as a cup of coffee in the morning," she said.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 am

Good Morning All. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast Horizon, I am starving. Hehehe. How you doing Miss Abbyann?, I hear it is back to work for you, vacation is over!!!!
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 am

@fang2 wrote:Good Morning All. Thanks for the wonderful breakfast Horizon, I am starving. Hehehe. How you doing Miss Abbyann?, I hear it is back to work for you, vacation is over!!!!
GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO FANG2!!!!!SEE HORIZON LIKES US!!!!SEE THE WONDERFULL BREAKFAST SHE MADE!!!!!HORIZON IS MY HERO!!!IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 1261280965 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 1261280965 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 949729897 IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 1815401988
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks Rick...I am to the point of ...it really don't matter anymore....Everything changes from one time to the other! Oneday coffee is bad for you, next day it is good for you! The same thing with Chocolate, it makes you fat, but its good for you!

I think they like to spend money doing studies on top of other studies just to have something to do!!!!

I don't mean to sound ugly...please don't get me wrong, I just don't know what to believe anymore...except try to eat products as natural as possible, is the only real healthy way to go!

Just an Horizon opinion!!!!!IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 4_12_12

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 7_6_8

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 am

@horizon wrote:Thanks Rick...I am to the point of ...it really don't matter anymore....Everything changes from one time to the other! Oneday coffee is bad for you, next day it is good for you! The same thing with Chocolate, it makes you fat, but its good for you!

I think they like to spend money doing studies on top of other studies just to have something to do!!!!

I don't mean to sound ugly...please don't get me wrong, I just don't know what to believe anymore...except try to eat products as natural as possible, is the only real healthy way to go!

Coffee nutrition facts

Coffee, especially if it is ground on the spot, actually contains some important vitamins and minerals.

According to Nutrition data, coffee is a decent source of these nutrients:

• A cup may contain about 0.2mg of Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), which is 11% of the RDA.
  • It may also contain 0.6mg of Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), which is 6% of the RDA.
  • A cup may contain 7.1mg of Magnesium, around 2% of the RDA.
  • It is also a source of Potassium, containing 116mg or 3% of the RDA.
  • It is also a decent source of Manganese, containing 0.1mg or 3% of the RDA.

Coffee may also contain some other vitamins and minerals in minor quantities. The amount of nutrients differs significantly, coffee that is brewed from fresh ground high-quality beans will most likely contain a much higher amount of nutrients than cheap, low-quality varieties.

Certain substances in coffee may inhibit absorption of certain minerals, mainly iron and zinc

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri May 18, 2012 11:30 am

@horizon wrote:Thanks Rick...I am to the point of ...it really don't matter anymore....Everything changes from one time to the other! Oneday coffee is bad for you, next day it is good for you! The same thing with Chocolate, it makes you fat, but its good for you!

I hear ya. Eat margarine not butter. Eat sugar substitute not sugar. Eat egg beaters not eggs. OH WAIT! Now eat butter, sugar and, eggs because those subsititues will kill you. (sigh) Sometimes you just gotta laugh. And the thing about "corn sugar" holy cow. (sorry maybe I should have said holy horse holy horse biskits LOL)

The funniest to me is "eat less calories" But the question I have is... isn't the very reason we eat so that we can get calories in us as "calories" are the very energy we need to actually survive? Funny how things work!

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 12:30 pm

You are right Rick...isn't it margarine is really almost plastic...well I looked it up....this is the artical that counters that rumor???? Who knows??? I do feel that Butter is better for you...one thing it taste better...the other is, I know what it is made of!

Margarine or Butter-Truth! & Fiction!
The Truth:

The heart of this eRumor, the comparison between butter and Margarine, has been circulating since 2005. Later versions added the tidbit about Margarine being manufactured to fatten turkeys.

We'll go through the email one fact at time but it needs to be kept in mind that not every Margarine product is the same. There are other spreads that are loosely called Margarine but may, for example, be part vegetable oil or a fat-free Margarine product.

1. Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed The turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a Payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this Product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food Appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in Place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever New flavorings-Fiction!
According to the National Association of Margarine Manufacturers, Margarine was the idea of a Frenchman named Hippolyte Mege-Mouriez in response to a request from Emperor Louis Napoleon for ideas for a substitute for butter. In 1869 he used margaric acid and the name of his formulation became known as Margarine. It became a hit in the United States in the late 1800's.

2. Both have the same amount of calories-Truth!
A tablespoon of butter is 100 calories. A tablespoon of Margarine is 100 calories.

3. Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study-Truth! But Updated!
We didn't find the "53%" study, but Harvard School of Public Health has published a report on this. It says that more than 30 years ago research indicated that saturated fat (such as in butter) was bad for the heart and people were told to switch to margarine. A Harvard study of women between 1980 and 1994 found a significant reduction of heart disease risk by reducing smoking, hormone treatment, and dietary improvements including reducing or eliminating saturated fat (such as in butter.) Further research has shown, however, that some margarines contained trans fat, which was even worse for the heart than saturated fat. The report cautions us not to make decisions as a result of just one study but to consider the body of recent research about an issue like butter versus margarine.
4. Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 Grams-Truth!
A tablespoon of butter is 7g of saturated fat. A tablespoon of margarine is 2g of saturated fat.

5. Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other Foods-Unproven!
We could not find anything definitive about this.

6. Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added!
It depends on what you are measuring. The advantage of butter is that it is a more natural product than margarine and does have more vitamin content. But butter is high in saturated fat, which is associated with increased heart attack risk. Saturated fats are the ones that are solid at room temperature and increase the "bad" cholesterol (LDL) as well as the "good" cholesterol (HDL). The disadvantage of true margarine is the trans fat level. The more solid a margarine is at room temperature, the more trans fat it contains, as much as 3 grams per tablespoon. Margarine makers have responded to that by releasing tub or liquid products that have either reduced or eliminated trans fats. Watch for the labels. Heart doctors recommend butter over normal margarine but recommend trans fat free margarines over butter. It all gets very confusing. There are even margarine products now that say they actually lower cholesterol.

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods-
A Matter of Personal Taste!

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for Less than 100 years- Fiction!
Margarine was introduced as an inexpensive alternative in France in 1869, according to a history found in the Margarine and Spreads Association in the United Kingdom.

9. Margarine is high in trans fatty acids-Truth!
10. Margarine triples the risk of coronary heart disease-Unproven!
Although trans fats are to be avoided, we did not find any research that says that the use of margarine triples the risk of heart disease.
11. Margarine ncreases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)-Truth!
12. Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold-Fiction!
We could not find any substantiation of this claim.

13. Margarine lowers quality of breast milk-Truth!
We didn't find any research on this but there are studies on how a mother's eating of trans fats affects the level of trans fats in her milk. One study, for example, comparing Canadian breast milk to Chinese breast milk found that Canadian mothers had 33 more trans fats in their milk than the Chinese mothers. So the quality of the breast milk can be affected by the consumption of trans fats.
14. Margarine decreases immune response-Truth!
We found several references to this including an article by nutritionist Dr. Mary Enig that said that consuming trans fatty acids "Affects immune response by lowering effeciency of B cell response and increasing proliferation of T cells."

15. Decreases insulin response-Truth!
Actually the trans fat can increase blood insulin levels, which increases the risk for diabetes.

16. Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC-Fiction!
We found no support for this. Perhaps whoever wrote this heard a discussion about the "plasticity" of margarine. It is "plastic" at room temperature meaning that the shape of it can be changed when pressure is applied. That doesn't mean it is composed of what we normally think of as plastic. It was originally made of animal fats but increasingly now is made from vegetable oils.

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri May 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks bunches horizon...Still says to me that butter is better and you are completely right....It tastes so much better. (people from the deep south do nat primarily say "butter" they say "cow butter" LOL Thanks again.

so please;
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm

I have made butter from fresh cows milk many many times!!!! I have used a butter churn, and just a Glass Gallon Jar, and sit there and shake it until the butter is made! Just a Southern Girl!!!!☀

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Fri May 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Good "morning" y'alllllllll!

I don't eat margarine...I like light butter by Land-O-Lakes.

Thank you for the lovely breakfast/brunch Horizon! I am brewing Costa Rican coffee now so your spread will go perfectly with this strong coffee. coffee coffee

Last edited by Catherine on Fri May 18, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Smiley-happy093IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... 7_11_117IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

@horizon wrote:I have made butter from fresh cows milk many many times!!!! I have used a butter churn, and just a Glass Gallon Jar, and sit there and shake it until the butter is made! Just a Southern Girl!!!!☀

Horizon and Rick152, I enjoyed your discussion about the pros and cons of coffee, sugar, butter, etc.

My mother made butter as a girl the same way you have, horizon. With a butter churn. One time she made it quite by accident, though. She was whipping cream for strawberry shortcake and stepped out of the kitchen for just a moment....The moment turned into a few minutes, and when she returned there was butter and whey in the bowl. That was the first time any of us had ever tried sweet cream butter ... and it was wonderful!

Personally, I would rather enjoy "real" food anytime. All things in moderation, of course, but what's the point of eating if all your senses aren't engaged in the wonderful deliciousness of the food? Just eat a little, or moderate the rest of your diet that day. Don't eat mindlessly in front of the TV or reading. It's so much better to really pay attention to the food's appearance, texture and taste. You won't eat as much if you do that. People spend way too much time worrying about good food, and instead they consume all those chemicals. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY... Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renny123 Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm

eat olive oil

renny123
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renny123 Fri May 18, 2012 5:52 pm

drink coffee, have a few glasses of wine a week, eat lots of veggies, chicken, fish, lean mean, a weight watchers dessert. Go for the gusto!

renny123
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri May 18, 2012 6:01 pm

@SEBtopdog wrote:
@horizon wrote:I have made butter from fresh cows milk many many times!!!! I have used a butter churn, and just a Glass Gallon Jar, and sit there and shake it until the butter is made! Just a Southern Girl!!!!☀

Horizon and Rick152, I enjoyed your discussion about the pros and cons of coffee, sugar, butter, etc.

My mother made butter as a girl the same way you have, horizon. With a butter churn. One time she made it quite by accident, though. She was whipping cream for strawberry shortcake and stepped out of the kitchen for just a moment....The moment turned into a few minutes, and when she returned there was butter and whey in the bowl. That was the first time any of us had ever tried sweet cream butter ... and it was wonderful!

Personally, I would rather enjoy "real" food anytime. All things in moderation, of course, but what's the point of eating if all your senses aren't engaged in the wonderful deliciousness of the food? Just eat a little, or moderate the rest of your diet that day. Don't eat mindlessly in front of the TV or reading. It's so much better to really pay attention to the food's appearance, texture and taste. You won't eat as much if you do that. People spend way too much time worrying about good food, and instead they consume all those chemicals. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

My husband and I both love, just good ol' home cookin'! I do know that the fast foods will put the pounds on you. I can eat home cooked meals and never have a problem with my weight, but let me eat a hamburger and frys, or go out to eat a couple days in a row, and I can tell it.

We also sit at the table to eat our meals. ☀

I love good tasting food also!

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renny123 Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 am

if you read labels, you can get a margarine that is made with olive oil and it has omega 3's . You just have to read labels. A little butter is ok but it has a lot of fat.

renny123
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Sat May 19, 2012 9:54 am

@renny123 wrote:if you read labels, you can get a margarine that is made with olive oil and it has omega 3's . You just have to read labels. A little butter is ok but it has a lot of fat.

Thanks, I will have to do that! I know Olive Oil is much better for you to use when cooking!:flower:

Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum