Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Why non-interest bearing account DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Why non-interest bearing account

5 posters

Go down

Why non-interest bearing account Empty Why non-interest bearing account

Post by LogansNana Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 pm

I keep hearing about the non-interest bearing account. We are in this very modestly--less than a million dinar. Why do I want a non-interest bearing account?

LogansNana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why non-interest bearing account Empty Re: Why non-interest bearing account

Post by 1alaskan Fri May 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Current FDIC insurance limits your insured amounts, a non-interest accounts have no limit on the amount that is insured.

FYI, the current portion of the law which is part of the Frank/Dodd act, expires on Dec. 31, 2012, unless some action is taken by congress and the President signs it into law. so unless that happens it is good for about 6-7 months.

As to why anyone would want to use a non-interest bearing account is beyond me.

There are other ways around FDIC insurance limits, Google "CDARS"

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Fri May 04, 2012 11:00 pm

This is only my opinion here but,
1 I would not and will not open an account before we have our RV,
2 Dependant upon the exchange rate and what your immediate plans are for the funds I will say this...If after (within a year or less) you KNOW you will not retain a minimum of 250k in cash in 1 bank account then you basically will have no need for an non-interest bank account. If you do intend to retain 250k or more than you can obtain one of these accounts or split the funds amongst several different banks.

The reason for the non-interest bank account is for those exceding funds to be protected by the frank-dodd act in case of a catrospic bank failure. We have heard in the past that this act is set to expire on 30 Dec 2012. So one would want to "split up or diversify" before that date to maintain safty in such a case as a bank failure.

This is of course not to be considered financial advise and you should see your own accountant and or attorney. I hope this helps in some way. Thanks for asking.
There is also a lot on this topic here on the site just search using words "frank dodd act" / or "non interest bank accounts etc.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 04, 2012 11:09 pm

@LogansNana wrote:I keep hearing about the non-interest bearing account. We are in this very modestly--less than a million dinar. Why do I want a non-interest bearing account?

Good question why would yhou want to put your money someplace where it effectively will lose value? (Due to inflation)

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Why non-interest bearing account 2805820865  Why non-interest bearing account 2805820865  Why non-interest bearing account 2805820865  Why non-interest bearing account 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_evans2u Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 am

I think it is mostly for a temp. parking spot while being fully protected until you can get in to see your tax, financial/investment adviser to make a plan for that money.

mr_evans2u

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum