Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

+3
Kevind53
rick152
SEBtopdog
7 posters

Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Anybody know anything about a Hundai Sonata? It has a 10 year warranty!! Wowza, that's a long time. An insurance adjuster told me they hardly ever break down. Always thought I wanted a Lexus, but now thinking to go incognito with a Hundai. Discuss!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 04, 2012 12:29 am

aim88 wrote:Anybody know anything about a Hundai Sonata? It has a 10 year warranty!! Wowza, that's a long time. An insurance adjuster told me they hardly ever break down. Always thought I wanted a Lexus, but now thinking to go incognito with a Hundai. Discuss!

Holy smokes, you cannot beat that 10-year warranty! I drive a Ford Edge because I need dog crates in the back. But I've looked at that Hyundai at the auto shows, and it is a very attractive car as well as being dependable. I think you're smart to consider that car, being a little low key, especially if you have to replace the old car right away. Don't buy something that's a financial stretch for you in case the RV takes a bit longer than we would all hope. ❤

*****************
Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Emoticon-animal-028
 
Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!
 

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 4201
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 73
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by rick152 Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 am

Personally being originally from the mid west I drive chevrolet and I actually think it has been 2 or 3 times in my life I have driven a Japanese auto. Not a prejudice thing but more like an upbringing. Go American is how I work pretty hard to live...but thats me





BTW I know a Haundi is Korean LOL

*****************
Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 63
Location : Eastern Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 am

Not so much with cars perhaps, but in today's marketplace buying an American brand does not necessarily equate A town nearby recently bought a John Deere excavator even though it was not the lowest bid because they wanted to buy American. Well it turned out that the Deere was made in Malaysia, while the lowest bid, a Komatsu, was made here in the US.

Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda all have factories in the US these days. Likewise many American brands have factories elsewhere and import parts as well.

*****************
Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 27225
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Umm right here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by chevysteve Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 am

It just wouldn't be right if I didn't chime in..... First of all, please by American. I know many will say that they are built (certain imports) here in the USA but, bottom line is corporate profits go back overseas..

Second, yes the Hyundai Sonata is a nice little car, nice looking, economical, dependable, etc. BUT,BUT,BUT, Look real good at that 10 year warranty!! You will notice that if you fail to maintain the vehicle EXACTLY ACCORDING TO MANUFACTURER SPECS, the warranty is void. So let's say that they require you to change your oil every 3000 miles or 5000 miles whichever, and you get busy and forget until you get 3100 miles or 5100 miles between oil changes, the 10 year portion of the warranty is void, leaving the 3 year 36000 mile warranty as your only safeguard. The same goes if you don't flush your transmission fluid, your radiator, and all the manufacturer guidlines for properly maintaining your vehicle, you void the 10 year warranty. Trust me, 99% of the driving population does not maintain thier vehicles EXACTLY as the manufacturer suggest.

Buy a CHEVY!! American made and excellent quality. I suggest you look at the Cruze or Malibu if that is the size/classification of vehicle you are looking at.

CHEVY RUNS DEEP!! Good luck.
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2011-12-01
Age : 61
Location : GULF COAST USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by GO-RV Fri May 04, 2012 9:28 am

@chevysteve wrote:It just wouldn't be right if I didn't chime in..... First of all, please by American. I know many will say that they are built (certain imports) here in the USA but, bottom line is corporate profits go back overseas..

Second, yes the Hyundai Sonata is a nice little car, nice looking, economical, dependable, etc. BUT,BUT,BUT, Look real good at that 10 year warranty!! You will notice that if you fail to maintain the vehicle EXACTLY ACCORDING TO MANUFACTURER SPECS, the warranty is void. So let's say that they require you to change your oil every 3000 miles or 5000 miles whichever, and you get busy and forget until you get 3100 miles or 5100 miles between oil changes, the 10 year portion of the warranty is void, leaving the 3 year 36000 mile warranty as your only safeguard. The same goes if you don't flush your transmission fluid, your radiator, and all the manufacturer guidlines for properly maintaining your vehicle, you void the 10 year warranty. Trust me, 99% of the driving population does not maintain thier vehicles EXACTLY as the manufacturer suggest.

Buy a CHEVY!! American made and excellent quality. I suggest you look at the Cruze or Malibu if that is the size/classification of vehicle you are looking at.

CHEVY RUNS DEEP!! Good luck.

That EXACT warranty maintenance scare tactic is not true AT ALL.

Second there are other vehicles with the 10 Year Warranty such as Mitsubishi. Remember it is only on the POWERTRAIN.


GO-RV
New Member
New Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2012-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 am

To RICK, KEVIN, STEVE, GO-ROV--thanks for weighing in! Good points. I love American, but I drive my cars for 10+ years. My perception is that American cars don't last as long as foreign. I'm not talking about holding their value, but break-downs. I'm a girl-----can't have break downs.Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 4017580043

To CHEVY--I had a 57 in high school. Loved that car! At age 40 I got a sexy red Malibu convertible. It leaked from day one. They never could fix it but wouldn't give me my money back. So I got rid of it and we haven't been friends since.

SEB--Just praying Rhonda holds out until after the RV!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by chevysteve Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am

I drive a 2003 GMC Yukon. 129000 miles and never had a lick of trouble. The whole "import cars last longer" is a myth. Not slamming the imports but, if you do your research I.E. repairs per 1000 vehicles sold, how many recalls per manufacturer etc., you will learn that in the last 7 years the domestic's (some, not all) have made huge strides in quality and workmanship. 10 years ago I would have agreed that most imports last longer than domestic's but, not any more. Many of the imports have rested on thier laurels and the domestic's caught up and in many cases surpassed thier competition.

Look at Toyata recalls as well as Honda. It's a real eye opener...
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2011-12-01
Age : 61
Location : GULF COAST USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by dinarstar Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Talking about cars,here is one for the record...

WEDDING TEST... I was a very happy man. My wonderful girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. There was only one little thing bothering me...It was her beautiful younger sister. My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight miniskirts... she would regularly bend down when she was near me, and I always got more than a nice view. It had to be deliberate. Because she never did it when she was near anyone else. One day her 'little' sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister. Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word. She said, 'I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come right up.'I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to the front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car. Lo and behold,my entire future family was standing outside, all clapping!With tears in his eyes, my father-in-law hugged me and said, 'We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family.The moral of this story is:Always keep your condoms in your car, because I was on my way to fetch them when I passed the test.........*classic*

*****************
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 2367
Join date : 2011-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

@chevysteve wrote:I drive a 2003 GMC Yukon. 129000 miles and never had a lick of trouble. The whole "import cars last longer" is a myth. Not slamming the imports but, if you do your research I.E. repairs per 1000 vehicles sold, how many recalls per manufacturer etc., you will learn that in the last 7 years the domestic's (some, not all) have made huge strides in quality and workmanship. 10 years ago I would have agreed that most imports last longer than domestic's but, not any more. Many of the imports have rested on thier laurels and the domestic's caught up and in many cases surpassed thier competition.

Look at Toyata recalls as well as Honda. It's a real eye opener...

Since I keep a car 10+ years, I didn't know that, Steve. Good to know. Rhonda has over 193,700 miles on her and no major problems.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 12:10 pm

@dinarstar wrote:Talking about cars,here is one for the record...

WEDDING TEST... I was a very happy man. My wonderful girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. There was only one little thing bothering me...It was her beautiful younger sister. My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight miniskirts... she would regularly bend down when she was near me, and I always got more than a nice view. It had to be deliberate. Because she never did it when she was near anyone else. One day her 'little' sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister. Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word. She said, 'I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come right up.'I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to the front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car. Lo and behold,my entire future family was standing outside, all clapping!With tears in his eyes, my father-in-law hugged me and said, 'We are very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family.The moral of this story is:Always keep your condoms in your car, because I was on my way to fetch them when I passed the test.........*classic*

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 3973136183 OM goodnes, good one!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 04, 2012 5:05 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Steve, not to get political, but my only problem with US cars is unions. I have worked in a closed shop, and that was enough to turn me off of unions forever. Unfortunately IMO a big part of the problems American Manufacturers have had are union related --- as in greed. Yes, they had their place at one time, but have become bloated, top heavy, special interest groups who only care about feathering the nests of their upper echelons, and of course keeping the member happy enough that the gravy train keeps running. Given the choice I'll buy a non-union whatever before I buy the union one.

Sorry to any who don't like it but that's how I roll.

*****************
Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 27225
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Umm right here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm

I got my Ford Edge because I liked the car ... and because Ford refused the Gov't bailout money. :cheers: :flower:

*****************
Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Emoticon-animal-028
 
Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!
 

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 4201
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 73
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by desertma Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

My 93 S-10 Chevy is still plugging along...turned 200,000 last spring. Had a new 98 Dodge PU troubles started at 68,000 easy miles, found out it was made in Mexico...I sold it before it left me stranded.

*****************
Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 174797362
desertma
desertma
New Member
New Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by SEBtopdog Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 pm

@desertma wrote:My 93 S-10 Chevy is still plugging along...turned 200,000 last spring. Had a new 98 Dodge PU troubles started at 68,000 easy miles, found out it was made in Mexico...I sold it before it left me stranded.

Hat tip to your Chevy S-10. You must take very good care of it.

*****************
Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Emoticon-animal-028
 
Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!
 

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 4201
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 73
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by desertma Fri May 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Hat tip to your Chevy S-10. You must take very good care of it.

Just the regular maintenance, it's been a good vehicle

*****************
Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 174797362
desertma
desertma
New Member
New Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by rick152 Fri May 04, 2012 5:42 pm

To me the biggest part about buying an American name car is simple or other products. Whether or not it is completely built here in the states is that the money from profits stay in this country. So as the company can reinvest said money back into the U S. When one buys Japanese for example the bulk of the "profit" if not all goes over seas.

*****************
Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 63
Location : Eastern Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! Empty Re: Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car!

Post by Kevind53 Fri May 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Yea, and as we saw a couple years ago, for the big three the bulk of the profit went to the unions ... :shock: Unfortunately they still do ... not a situation that can long endure.

*****************
Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

 Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865  Come on RV, Momma needs a brand new car! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 27225
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Umm right here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum