Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

It's BBQ Time DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

It's BBQ Time

+7
dinarstar
Terbo56
fang2
clayf
alleyrose
SEBtopdog
Clydesdale
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's BBQ Time Empty It's BBQ Time

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I love to BBQ, and I love hearing about what others like to do as well. It helps me get some new ideas.

So please post your favorite things to BBQ, and recipe's if you want to share. Thanks ALL!

YAAA BBQ SEASON!
It's BBQ Time 4191

This is an awesome redneck BBQ!
It's BBQ Time Grill
It's BBQ Time BBQribs

JESUS IS KING :king: GOD BLESS YOU ALL It's BBQ Time 3151798102
It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's BBQ Time Empty Re: It's BBQ Time

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:05 pm

That "redneck barbeque" is hilarious!

Most of my diet is vegetarian, although I will occasionally eat fish on doctor's orders after not bouncing back from surgery like I should have. So grilled veggies, tofu (no seriously, tofu is very good on the grill if it's marinated as you would a meat product), veggie burgers ... These are all good. But if there's an open flame, I'm happy with s'mores. (Everything is made better with the addition of chocolate and/or peanut butter)

It's BBQ Time 949729897

It's BBQ Time Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

It's BBQ Time Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Honey marinated king prawns are always a favorite, however they are expensive so we haven't had that for a very long time! So now we stick to the basics, steak, sausages, mushrooms, onions, potato salad, fried rice and coleslaw. I really don't think we can compete with American food tho, everything is so huge and delicious looking from what we have seen, just take a look at that burger, makes my mouth water! BBQ season is about over for us now, bring on the stews!!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Speaking of barbeque this video will make you think alittle clearer about where you get your meat..http://www.meatvideo.com/
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:12 pm

@SEBtopdog wrote:That "redneck barbeque" is hilarious!

Most of my diet is vegetarian, although I will occasionally eat fish on doctor's orders after not bouncing back from surgery like I should have. So grilled veggies, tofu (no seriously, tofu is very good on the grill if it's marinated as you would a meat product), veggie burgers ... These are all good. But if there's an open flame, I'm happy with s'mores. (Everything is made better with the addition of chocolate and/or peanut butter)

It's BBQ Time 949729897

I am a meat eater, I do respect your choice. It's hard to do something different, because you feel pressured by others.

Although, I will let you in on a little secret. I am part Cherokee Indian(small part 1/8) and vegetarian in Cherokee translates in english to "Lousy Hunter" Wink
lol! It's BBQ Time 1261280965 It's BBQ Time 3151798102(Just Playing)

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:18 pm

@alleyrose wrote:Honey marinated king prawns are always a favorite, however they are expensive so we haven't had that for a very long time! So now we stick to the basics, steak, sausages, mushrooms, onions, potato salad, fried rice and coleslaw. I really don't think we can compete with American food tho, everything is so huge and delicious looking from what we have seen, just take a look at that burger, makes my mouth water! BBQ season is about over for us now, bring on the stews!!

That all sounds good to me! I've always wanted to go to Australia, my wife wants to as well. Maybe when this Rv thingy happens maybe we will get to go, but I don't want to go in the winter time.

I love Steak it's one of my favorites. LOL when I make a mistake on a post and have to edit, I put my reason as Ms. Steak.

What I really can't wait for is a nice hefty Buffalo Burger.

LOL sorry for all of the bouncing around I have A.D.D.! bounce lol!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:19 pm

I really love monk fish marinated with whatever left over salad dressings you have and thrown an the grill with a bunch of fresh veggies grill also.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Where I'm from they call monkfish, 'Poor man's lobster-I use to cut and fillet monkfish- You can steam it, poach it grille it,sear it,bake it, in any way you can think of and with a little attention to detail, makes a dish that will be talked about and remembered for a long time-It is a very good and inexpensive way to enjoy a time at home, or out with your friends- It is one of the better seafoods that you can do just about anything with, and still enjoy it!Very Happy :cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 pm

@clayf wrote:Speaking of barbeque this video will make you think alittle clearer about where you get your meat..http://www.meatvideo.com/

THIS VIDEO IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! IT IS VERY GRAPHIC, I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT WATCHING IT!

Thank you clay for the post, but that is bad, I found myself wanting to hunt down each individual in that film, and issue them an equally painful fate!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 pm

@fang2 wrote:I really love monk fish marinated with whatever left over salad dressings you have and thrown an the grill with a bunch of fresh veggies grill also.

MMM sounds Wolfy Wink LOL

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm

@terbo56 wrote:Where I'm from they call monkfish, 'Poor man's lobster-I use to cut and fillet monkfish- You can steam it, poach it grille it,sear it,bake it, in any way you can think of and with a little attention to detail, makes a dish that will be talked about and remembered for a long time-It is a very good and inexpensive way to enjoy a time at home, or out with your friends- It is one of the better seafoods that you can do just about anything with, and still enjoy it!Very Happy :cheers:

Sounds promising, I look forward to being near the coast sometime to enjoy some fresh seafood!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 pm

@terbo56 wrote:Where I'm from they call monkfish, 'Poor man's lobster-I use to cut and fillet monkfish- You can steam it, poach it grille it,sear it,bake it, in any way you can think of and with a little attention to detail, makes a dish that will be talked about and remembered for a long time-It is a very good and inexpensive way to enjoy a time at home, or out with your friends- It is one of the better seafoods that you can do just about anything with, and still enjoy it!Very Happy :cheers:

That's because you live in florida, Where I live it is very pricy. But it is sooooooooooooo good.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I am not a big chicken fan, but I found away to prepare it that I will always eat.

First I always get boneless/skinless chicken breast. Then you can have the option to marinate or not. If you chose to I would recommend a thinned out gravy with either McCormick's Beer Can Chicken seasoning, or McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning in the gravy and marinated at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.(In refrigerator)

Then rub the same seasoning, you used in the gravy, all over. Toss em' on the grill. Once the first side is done flip it then brush on Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce, when the other side is done flip again. Brush it on the other side then cook 1-2 minutes each side and serve.

MMMMMM Good (sorry Campbell's soup for the use of your slogan)

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Clydesdale you really should Australia is an awesome country, especially sunny Queensland!!

I have never heard of monkfish but I am not a huge seafood fan! Give me Clydesdales chicken any day, sounds soo good!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 pm

I've always wanted to go! Lord willing I'll see it before I pass.

alleyrose that chicken is so good.

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm defs going to try it!!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Clydesdale, that is the way I make my chicken with the montreal steak seasoning, I cook in on the grill or in my convection oven which is just as good.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Fang2- I'm originally from Maine- Worked on the water front in Portland, Maine- The premier state for fresh seafood-Nothing better than fresh seafood from the cold Atlantic ocean-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 pm

@fang2 wrote:Clydesdale, that is the way I make my chicken with the montreal steak seasoning, I cook in on the grill or in my convection oven which is just as good.

But it is so delicious isn't it....... I love that stuff!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:19 pm

@alleyrose wrote:I'm defs going to try it!!

Please let me know what you think!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Terbo thats right. I went to Nantucket and P Town one summer, best lobsters in the world. I spend a lot of time at the beaches on the atlantic around Delaware. The Best blue hard shell crabs to die for.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 pm

You got that right- Somehow, the seafood here in Florida is just not the same- It's ok, I guess, but when you are used to going to different Maine towns and enjoying clambakes, Lobster festivals Where they have 'Live' music, Like 'The Marshall Tucker Band,or 'The Kentucky Head Hunters',Kenny Rogers', etc,It just makes it all that much more worthwhile-Very Happy :cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 pm

@Clydesdale wrote:

It's BBQ Time 949729897

I am a meat eater, I do respect your choice. It's hard to do something different, because you feel pressured by others.

Although, I will let you in on a little secret. I am part Cherokee Indian(small part 1/8) and vegetarian in Cherokee translates in english to "Lousy Hunter" Wink

Actually, Clydesdale, that would be a perfect name for me ... "Lousy Hunter". It's BBQ Time 949729897 Suits me to a "t".

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Pap en wors...on a Chevy grille Wink ...now that is good BBQ...(braai) Smile

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's BBQ Time Empty yep

Post by clayf Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:21 pm

@Clydesdale wrote:
@clayf wrote:Speaking of barbeque this video will make you think alittle clearer about where you get your meat..http://www.meatvideo.com/

THIS VIDEO IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! IT IS VERY GRAPHIC, I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT WATCHING IT!

Thank you clay for the post, but that is bad, I found myself wanting to hunt down each individual in that film, and issue them an equally painful fate!
Iam going to be right there with you,If you like to see things straight out of h*** here you go..These freaks that are on that video (that would probably say that they are just doing their job) WILL BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE..Yes this video was rough and was found on the front page of facebook.The truth I always embrace, but this was humbling and painful RV so that I may help stop these evil creatures...Mankind is not my favorite animal....sorry clydesdale but I see you agree.. REINSTATEMENT COME TO US
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm

@Clydesdale wrote:

It's BBQ Time 949729897

Funny, I have a little Iroquois in me and it means the same thing ... my Cree friends to the north say it means the same in their language as well ... maybe it's one of those universal words, like Hallelujah and Amen! lol! lol! lol!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:40 pm

@SEBtopdog wrote:
@Clydesdale wrote:

It's BBQ Time 949729897

Actually, Clydesdale, that would be a perfect name for me ... "Lousy Hunter". It's BBQ Time 949729897 Suits me to a "t".

LOL That's funny!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 pm

@clayf wrote:
@Clydesdale wrote:

Iam going to be right there with you,If you like to see things straight out of h*** here you go..These freaks that are on that video (that would probably say that they are just doing their job) WILL BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE..Yes this video was rough and was found on the front page of facebook.The truth I always embrace, but this was humbling and painful RV so that I may help stop these evil creatures...Mankind is not my favorite animal....sorry clydesdale but I see you agree.. REINSTATEMENT COME TO US

Oh I definitely agree! I only tolerate the human animals, because it's the will of my Father in Heaven!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:
@Clydesdale wrote:

It's BBQ Time 949729897

Funny, I have a little Iroquois in me and it means the same thing ... my Cree friends to the north say it means the same in their language as well ... maybe it's one of those universal words, like Hallelujah and Amen! lol! lol! lol!

That's awesome, because now instead of knowing a least one word in 6 or 7 different languages that number has now increased to like 15 or 20 LOL!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I did a pork tenderloin roll this weekend ... double butterflied it, made a stuffing with apple, Onion, a little garlic, croûtons and white wine. Spread a little Dijon mustard inside, added the stuffing and then rolled it and tied it off ... a little oil, salt, and pepper on the outside. Very yummy!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865  It's BBQ Time 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:51 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:I did a pork tenderloin roll this weekend ... double butterflied it, made a stuffing with apple, Onion, a little garlic, croûtons and white wine. Spread a little Dijon mustard inside, added the stuffing and then rolled it and tied it off ... a little oil, salt, and pepper on the outside. Very yummy!

HMMMM! That sounds really good right now!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 pm

How's your new baby girl doing, Clydesdale? And Momma and older sister, too?

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:59 pm

New baby girl is doing great, can't believe it's almost a week already.
Momma is doing great she is laying between the 2 sleeping beauties right now!

Older sis is still having a blast, and running around like crazy.

Aren't kids the greatest?

Thank you so much for asking, I really appreciate it!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Nah ... grandkids are the best ... you spoil them rotten and then when they are tired and cranky give them back to mom and dad! Razz lol!

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 am

@Kevind53 wrote:Nah ... grandkids are the best ... you spoil them rotten and then when they are tired and cranky give them back to mom and dad! Razz lol!

I'm way too young to be a grandpa yet heck it's only been a week since my wife gave birth to our second daughter!

However, I look forward to it! It's BBQ Time 949729897

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 am

Trust me those bumper stickers "If I knew having grand kids was so much fun I would have had them first!" are spot on! Twisted Evil

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm

LOL I haven't seen those yet. My parents had the bumper sticker, My kid beat up your honor roll student!

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:48 pm

They have a bumper sticker that I have seen down here in Florida, that says, 'My cat can kick your honor student's a$$!!Very Happy
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm

I am 43 and have 3 grand kids and absolutely love it! We have our daughter, son in law and 4 month old grnadbaby girlmliving with us and it's great to be there for all the milestones! Grand kids are the best!

alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Steak, Steak, I want steak! LOL

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:21 pm

@terbo56 wrote:They have a bumper sticker that I have seen down here in Florida, that says, 'My cat can kick your honor student's a$$!!Very Happy

I saw one at the feed store the other day, "My horse bucked off your honor student."
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 pm

I think my favorite was "Take life with a grain of salt, slice of lime and a shot of tequila."

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 pm

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I'll take 'Two Pina coladas, one for each hand,set sail with Captain Morgan, and never leave dry land.....:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Ohhh I love Captain Morgan "Private Stock"

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 pm

LOL Kevin Terbo I just realized I have less than 10% of your posts LOL

And I thought I talked alot!

Last edited by Clydesdale on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ms. Steak)

It's BBQ Time Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Terbo , LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:44 pm

@terbo56 wrote:I'll take 'Two Pina coladas, one for each hand,set sail with Captain Morgan, and never leave dry land.....:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:47 pm

I will take the steak.
fang2
fang2
Elite Member