Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon

5 posters

Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon

Post by AR15mike Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Rick Santorrum reported BoNY will have an additional charge on large deposits. This could mean the Dinar, or the massive sell off in the market. Take from this what you will.
AR15mike
AR15mike

Back to top Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty Re: CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon

Post by ghosthunter Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 pm

AR15mike wrote:Rick Santorrum reported BoNY will have an additional charge on large deposits. This could mean the Dinar, or the massive sell off in the market. Take from this what you will.

Is there anyone out there who has ever been charged a fee for a deposit? I have only once or twice made a large deposit (proceeds from a house sale which was NOT exactly in the millions!), but have never, unfortunately, had a REALLY large deposit - not yet, anyway!

Seriously though, has anyone out in Dinar land ever been charged for a truly large deposit? I'm really asking. I've just never heard of such a thing. And I hope you're right about your conjecture, ARI5mike!
ghosthunter
ghosthunter
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon

Post by AR15mike Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Just to be clear this is simply something I saw while following my stock investments, I just found it odd that the media mentioned "hot money" deposits after Okie Oil Man, so it's either a coincidence or Okie is telling the truth. I report , you decide. ( I hope Fox doesn't sue me).
AR15mike
AR15mike

Back to top Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty YUP, IT IS OBUMMERS DOING...

Post by candi Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:45 pm

I read an article stating that they were trying to get passed a 1% tax on all deposits!! I will try to find it. They are hiding these laws within other laws, like health care scam. Barry Soetoro aka Obummer and Soros want our $$$!!!! Geez I hope it didn't go thru...

Candi :flower:
candi
candi

Back to top Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty Re: CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon

Post by mitkire Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Financial Services

Flooded With Cash, Bank of NY to Charge Fee for Large Dollar Deposits
By Matt Egan

Published August 04, 2011

FOXBusiness
Print Email Share Comments

Reuters

In a dramatic sign of the growing fear in the financial markets, Bank of New York Mellon (BK: 23.85, -0.80, -3.25%) is seeing such a surge of cash that it plans to begin charging large depositors a fee to hold dollars.

The New York-based investment manager and trust bank is citing a sudden increase in dollar deposits caused by jitters about the U.S. and European debt crises.

"In the past month, we have seen a growing level of deposits on our balance sheet from clients seeking a safe-haven in light of the global interest rate and credit environment," Bank of New York said in a statement. "As markets stabilize, we expect deposit levels will trend lower as they are redeployed into the markets. At that time, it is likely this fee will no longer be necessary."

Bank of New York plans to charge 0.13%, plus an additional fee if the one-month Treasury yield falls below zero. The unusual charge will take effect August 8 and be slapped onto accounts that have an average monthly balance of $50 million per client relationship, The Wall Street Journal reported. Clients who maintain routine deposit levels won't be affected, the bank said.

In a letter obtained by the Journal, Bank of New York said its customers are in the midst of a “mass de-risk” and its deposits are "suddenly and substantially increasing."

For their part, JPMorgan Chase (JPM: 38.31, -1.59, -3.98%) and State Street (STT: 39.36, -1.50, -3.67%) told FOX Business they haven't begun to charge customers fees on large deposits.

The Bank of New York move highlights the flight to safety in the financial markets away from risky assets like stocks and commodities and in favor of safe-havens like dollars and Treasurys.

For example, the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled more than 300 points Thursday as economically-sensitive stocks like Caterpillar (CAT: 90.75, -5.53, -5.74%) and U.S. Steel (X: 34.96, -2.34, -6.27%) slump on fears the U.S. will suffer a double-dip recession.

The benchmark index, which has plunged about 1,000 points from its May highs, narrowly avoided on Wednesday its first eight-day losing streak since 1978. The broader S&P 500 is flirting with correction territory, which signifies a pullback of at least 10% from recent highs.

While equities retreated Thursday, the U.S. dollar soared more than 1% against the euro and Treasurys rallied, with the one-month U.S. bond yielding near zero.

Wall Street has been spooked by Washington’s struggle to avoid an unprecedented default by raising the debt ceiling and a flurry of alarming economic indicators, including lethargic gross domestic product growth and the weakest manufacturing growth in almost two years.

Some believe these reports signal the U.S. is in jeopardy of slipping into another recession, which is technically defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth. Others see the nation avoiding a double-dip, but struggling to achieve the growth economies typically see after deep recessions such as the one the U.S. is struggling to rebound from.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

CNBC reports Bank of New York Mellon Empty Banks charging for large deposits

Post by Tank Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:13 pm

I would not have belived it but its true, this is highway robbery and another example of the scare tactics being used to take your hard earned money...we have been led down the road too many times with this kind of thinking if one person does something wrong the whole of society must pay its an excuse used and ploy by many a Business to take your money.

http://money.msn.com/stock-broker-guided/article.aspx?post=fe47ae55-0d5d-4e86-978e-b950b8fcaca4&GT1=33031

Tank

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum