Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

What Happened on April 23rd  DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

What Happened on April 23rd

+5
chevysteve
Terbo56
rocklady
Horizon
Ponee
9 posters

Go down

What Happened on April 23rd  Empty What Happened on April 23rd

Post by Ponee Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 am

William Shakespeare was born and died. (1564, 1616) Though Shakespeare's birthday is not conclusively known, researchers believe it was the 23rd due to baptismal records. His death, however, is conclusively known, and both his birth and death are celebrated on this day.

Sirhan Sirhan received the death penalty. (1969) Sirhan was convicted of assassinating the popular and charismatic Robert Kennedy, President Kennedy's brother. The Jordanian Sirhan claimed that he assassinated Kennedy because of his stance in the Arab-Israeli war, and was sentenced to death despite claims of being mentally unstable. His sentence was later commuted to life imprisonment.

The first McDonald's opened in Beijing. (1992) The restaurant was also the largest McDonald's at the time; it had 700 seats and around 30 cash registers. The branch served over 40,000 people on its first day of business.

The first public school in America was founded. (1635) The Boston Latin School was the first public school in the US, and eventually became one of the oldest, remaining open well into the 20th century. Famous alumni include Samuel Adams, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Cotton Mather, and Leonard Bernstein.

Coca-Cola® changed its formula. (1985) The decision was extremely unpopular, and "New Coke" was pulled after only three months on shelves.

Judy Garland played Carnegie Hall. (1961) Garland's performance was ecstatically received, and it has been called the "greatest night in showbiz history."

George and Martha Washington moved into the first executive mansion. (1789) Now known as the Samuel Osgood House, Walter Franklin House was the first executive residence, and was where Washington lived for the two years while the US capitol was located in New York before it moved to D.C.

The first video was uploaded to YouTube. (2005) The phenomenally popular website was founded by three former PayPal™ employees. Within the next five years, YouTube became one of the most visited sites on the Internet, with well over 20 million visitors a month.

The Baedeker Raids began in England. (1942) The Baedeker Raids were some of the worst air raids in World War II. They got their unique name because German forces vowed to bomb any building the Baedeker guides, a famous brand of travel guides, had given more than three stars.

Physicist Max Planck was born. (1858) Though not as famous as his contemporary Albert Einstein, Planck essentially single-handedly founded modern quantum physics.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What Happened on April 23rd  Empty Re: What Happened on April 23rd

Post by Horizon Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

Good Morning Ponee....Thanks for the facts for the day!!!!What Happened on April 23rd  2859867778

Much more interesting than reading the newspaper or watching the news!!!!What Happened on April 23rd  36_13_10

What Happened on April 23rd  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...What Happened on April 23rd  7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:22 am

Good morning all
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 am

Good morning, Sunshine!!Very Happy ☀
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 am

I am having a hard time focusing on my desk today. I feel something else veeery good is about to happen!!!!! Hope you are having a great day in the sunshine state.:flower:
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 am

A beautiful day it is, nice cool breeze, 70 degrees,plenty of sun- It's gorgeous!! I am making the best of it, have work to do outside,may as well enjoy the day while I can-Very Happy :cheers: Take care!!
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Also, April 23rd, 1981 (31 years ago today) one of the most beautiful people in the world was born............. My daughter Jennifer..

Of course, I'm a little partial. :cheers:
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 pm

@chevysteve wrote:Also, April 23rd, 1981 (31 years ago today) one of the most beautiful people in the world was born............. My daughter Jennifer..

Of course, I'm a little partial. :cheers:

THAT IS SOOO SWEET !!!!!

What Happened on April 23rd  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe5NJHLzpbtNysibdugL-mlZxfDXAACr9fpOEtq-QcZ3qk_7zR

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:55 pm

..and so you should be chevy...congratulations!!...
my son is 26 on the 27th..."Freedom Day" in South Africa,so he has a public holiday for every birthday Smile
Great month and great kids yes!??!...
Welcome back,fighting fit I am sure...well,not tooo much fighting we hope lmao

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks Ponee and Dinarstar... Yes, I'm back from the flu. 99% ready to go!! It was nice to hear everybody's get well wishes, we have many, many wonderful peiple here and I'm so happy to be a part of this family:)

Dinarstar, I wish a early happy birthday to your son and congratulate "freedon day" for South Africa!!

BTW, Are you from South Africa Dinarstar?? Just curious as I had the pleasure of visiting there a few years back. Capetown, Table Mtn., Devils Peak, Cape of Good Hope, Durbin (had to see the cute little penguins), all was stunningly beautiful!!
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:19 pm

I just love these bits of history you bring us each day...Thank you!

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:28 pm

@chevysteve wrote:Thanks Ponee and Dinarstar... Yes, I'm back from the flu. 99% ready to go!! It was nice to hear everybody's get well wishes, we have many, many wonderful peiple here and I'm so happy to be a part of this family:)

Dinarstar, I wish a early happy birthday to your son and congratulate "freedon day" for South Africa!!

BTW, Are you from South Africa Dinarstar?? Just curious as I had the pleasure of visiting there a few years back. Capetown, Table Mtn., Devils Peak, Cape of Good Hope, Durbin (had to see the cute little penguins), all was stunningly beautiful!!

Yes,I lived in SA and some central African countries for many years,also a year in Australia and some in Ukraine.
My son lives in Johannesburg,Gauteng Province on the Highveld.
Cape Town is truly beautiful,I lived in Disa Park,the 3 round towers up against Table Mountain that one see's in most photo's of that beautiful land mark,and also in Milnerton near Table Bay.
To see the penguins,you would have travelled along the seaboard to Boulders,they have a good colony over there,Jackass Penguins as I recall,or African...cannot remember exactly?
I also lived near Durban,Kwa-Zulu Natal Province,for some time(Kingdom of the most famous historical African leader,Shaka,Paramount King to the Zulu Nation),right on the beach at Amanzimtoti,named by that famous man by the way,a wonderful sub-tropical climate...loved the abundant inexpensive fruits grown there,all HUGE...pines,mangoes,avocada pears...
today I live in the Mojave Desert...a desert yes...but it is GOD'S desert Very Happy

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:44 pm

@dinarstar wrote:
@chevysteve wrote:Thanks Ponee and Dinarstar... Yes, I'm back from the flu. 99% ready to go!! It was nice to hear everybody's get well wishes, we have many, many wonderful peiple here and I'm so happy to be a part of this family:)

Yes,I lived in SA and some central African countries for many years,also a year in Australia and some in Ukraine.
Cape Town is truly beautiful,I lived in Disa Park,the 3 round towers up against Table Mountain that one see's in most photo's of that beautiful land mark,and also in Milnerton near Table Bay.
To see the penguins,you would have travelled along the seaboard to Boulders,they have a good colony over there,Jackass Penguins as I recall,or African...cannot remember exactly?
I also lived near Durban,Kwa-Zulu Natal Province,for some time(Kingdom of the most famous historical African leader,Shaka,Paramount King to the Zulu Nation),right on the beach at Amanzimtoti,named by that famous man by the way,a wonderful sub-tropical climate...loved the abundant inexpensive fruits grown there,all HUGE...pines,mangoes,avocada pears...
today I live in the Mojave Desert...a desert yes...but it is GOD'S desert Very Happy

You are truly a citizen of the world, dinarstar. What a wealth of experience you must have had in your life! :flower:

What Happened on April 23rd  Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What Happened on April 23rd  Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 pm

@SEBtopdog wrote:
@dinarstar wrote:

You are truly a citizen of the world, dinarstar. What a wealth of experience you must have had in your life! :flower:

SEBtopdog...... Aint that the truth!! Experience is the best teacher... (that's why I'll never invest in curriency again LOL).Laughing Laughing

Dinarstar is a worldly fellow, that's for sure!! Dinarstar, I also spent 10 Days in your famous Mala Mala national wildlife preserve doing a Photo-Safari. This was the most Awesome, Beautiful place I have ever been in my life!!!
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm

SEBtopdog...... Aint that the truth!! Experience is the best teacher... (that's why I'll never invest in curriency again LOL).

lol! lol! lol!

Mala Mala is in the Sabi Sands area,bordering the world famous Kruger National Park,which in turn borders the east African country,and former Portuguese territory,of Mozambique,and to the north,Zimbabwe
A ten day shoot in Mala Mala must have cost you a fortune!!
It is famous for the most comprehensive program on the study of Leopard in the world,the resident ranger working on that was Nils...I forget his last name,but they made I think a series about that and or brought out a book about the Mala Mala Leopards.
I worked with a Japanese TV crew(NTV) compiling a documentary of South African wildlife in Sabi Sabi Game Reserve,which is in the same area as Mala Mala,very interesting having it all done in Japanese!!
I still have friends over there,one of whom owns and operates a Game Lodge on an island in Lake Kariba,Zimbabwe...Musango Island Safari Camp...fishing for world famous Tiger Fish and photographic tours only....maybe we can all pop over there for chibulies and braai after the RV,what say you??
Those were the days to be sure.

Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Dinarstar, you're right, it did cost a fortune!! That was back when I thought I had money to spend.. I have a book signed be somebody (I will have to look) that I keep on my coffee table. Something like "Mala Mala, The African Eden". It's obviously a pictoral delight!!

Yes, I think all us Dinarians should meet up there after the RV!! We can feast on some pit roasted Kudu and Impala (no, not a Chevy Impala).. Laughing Maybe even some Wildabeast!!
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Rates I see are from $650 to $950 a day sharing...also no children under 12.

They are very innovative out there in the bush...so maybe they will use the grille from a Chevy Impala Smile to braai (grill) the venison... good deal!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Impala al la Impala ... wow! lol!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Cannot use a car 'Grille'- Some are made of made of aluminum, and WILL melt,some are now made of Delrin- { High density Plastic}And will also burn intensely upon ignition- You burgers will turn into bricks-:!:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

The grille on the front of your Terbo Train looks like it would work good. Laughing
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Well just have to use an old impala ... say off of one of these ...

What Happened on April 23rd  Impala10

Then chevysteve can have his impala and eat it too! lol!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865  What Happened on April 23rd  2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chevysteve Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 pm

That there is funny stuff!!!

lol! lol! lol!
chevysteve
chevysteve