Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read

+11
gmahunni
Cardiac99
Herb Lady
lonestartxcowboy
7freemom
Purpleskyz
Horizon
maestro
rocklady
best1154
Ponee
15 posters

Go down

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Empty SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read

Post by Ponee Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Today, I forgo my usual What happened on this date post.....

Today, I honor one event. I honor a forgotten piece of history, for it wasn't even listed when I researched for my post.

On April 20th, 2010, a life changing event took place.... It affected one of our own. On April 20, 2010 the Transocean DEEPWATER HORIZON offshore oil-drilling rig, was the scene of a devastating accident that killed 11 people, injured scores of others and led to a massive oil spill that created the largest environmental disaster in U.S. history.

Among those that lost their lives, was Shane, Husband, Father and the 22 year old son of our beloved MOD HORIZON.

Today, I wish to remember this time in history, as we honor those who may be gone, but will never be forgotten.

We love you Horizon, and thank you for all the love you have given us every day. Even through your own loss you have given of your heart to so many. As put your own pain aside each day, you lift up those who are hurting. You give morning cheer to those who who feel they can't face one more day, until they see that one friend with their cyber breakfast waiting give them the hug to start their day.

Today, Horizon, we share with you, the days of yesterday in your memories. We lift you and all those who lost their loved ones up in prayer.

In Memory of the 11 who passed from this world on April 20th 2010

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/271296139631607/ Horizon Memorial Page Facebook.

Last edited by ponee on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Empty Re: SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read

Post by best1154 Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:23 am

Im so sorry for your loss, with love

best1154

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Empty Re: SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read

Post by rocklady Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:42 am

Horizon,

Your loss is more than I can imagine. My prayers, my hug, and my prayers are with you. You are an amazing women and you touch lives everyday. I feel blessed to have crossed paths with you. Your light shines bright in all that you do!!!!!! We love you Horizon!!
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maestro Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:05 am

AS YOU REFLECT ON FOND MEMORIES OF YOUR SON,

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP JOY IN YOUR HEART, HORIZON..
maestro
maestro
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:27 am

Good Morning and Thank you Ponee! It's friends, and family like you that help me along the way when times get tough.

Through the years, I used to always tell Shane to, "be careful" and the response he would often give me was, "Mom, don't worry so much, I am going to be alright, and if something happens it doesn't matter what I am doing or where I am at, It is God's will, and my time to go!" I never knew those words would mean so much to me. I believe he was preparing me then, because I can still hear him saying those words today.

I know there are many in our OOM family that have lost children and know the pain that goes with loosing a child. I have peace knowing that Shane is in Heaven and that I will see him again one day. I hang on to the memories, and that is why I always tell people with children to spend as much quality time as possible with their children, and make those memories. Children doesn't stay small long make time for them.

God has carried me many days, he brings me peace and comfort daily. I know I talk about Positive speaking, and thinking alot, it's because I speak from experience. I knew, but know more than ever now to Praise the Lord when I am down, and give my cares to him, and he will take them, and give me peace. I pray for others that have loss children that they will find and have the peace that only God can give.

Shane was always a very thoughtful, and good person, and is remembered by many for his pleasant personality. Thank you for remembering him and the others that lost their lives, and the others that live with the memory of that firey night 2 years ago today!

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 62383_1279319921335_1780157988_566834_4965443_nSPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 59800_139712799406932_100001046378790_211956_197795_n

Shane and I spent many hours riding in the woods together, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Today I am fixing to head to the same woods, and ride the trails and camp for the weekend! He will be there with riding along with me.

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 7_2_121Love you all, Horizon

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 3_11_3

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:39 am

Bless your heart Horizon.
Have a wonderful ride.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 2245507099SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:41 am

Here's to horseback riding, sock monkeys, Hunting and cheesecake!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 7freemom Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:17 am

Praise the Lord for the memories we make with our children and loved ones that create the moments and days of the Life we're given! These do indeed mold and make who (and Whose) we are...

Dear Horizon (and all here)-- Blessings on your "ride" today and the remembrances brought to mind living in your heart to enrich your Life... forever! You each enrich us here as you choose to reflect His image you bear... to His Honor and Glory... Halleluyah!!
7freemom
7freemom
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lonestartxcowboy Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:33 am

Memories are treasures we keep close to our hearts, and check them often and fondly. Such a tragic event! My heart goes out to all those who suffered through this!

My prayer is that one day....we will see them again...in another time and another place where there will be no tears!

I'm with Ponee:

Here's to horseback riding, sock monkeys, Hunting and cheesecake!
lonestartxcowboy
lonestartxcowboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am

So sorry for your loss Horizon! May you be blessed with much love, happiness and inner peace! Those who have passed before us, watch over us now.
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:11 am

Horizon;

Thank you for making us all a part of your family, and for being a part of ours. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Have fun this weekend. We all know that Shane is in Heaven, trail riding with our Lord. God Bless You and your Family.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:17 am

Horizon,
Our hearts ache for you, dear one, and we lift you up for peace and solace.
What a wonderful young man he was, to comfort you with those words!
You will see him again, and it will be a wonderful reunion! For now, you are needed to bless those of us who are nurtured and inspired by your faith and encouragement.
Thank you for continuing to give of yourself!

Many Blessings to you! <3
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am

Horizon,
words cannot express what we all feel,God has His plan,we mostly do not understand it,but it is good...you are an amazing individual as I am sure was your son...Blessings and love to you and your family,and a big thank you to ponee,for bringing us all a little closer through this...
Blessings to you all.

angelwing

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 pm

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Amelia10

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Images17

Hoping God will be especially close to you today & this week-end.
Thinking of you. hug hug

I need to find that cute huggie widget you have...yanno which one I mean!?

I am here if you need me!!
SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Images18

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Smiley-happy093SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 7_11_117SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Horizon,

My family's thoughts and prayers are with you this weekend. In honor of your son Shane, the Clydesdale Spirit will be riding with you this weekend.

My heart goes out to you, I pray that the Lord is with you bringing you continued Peace this weekend! AMEN!

JESUS IS KING :king: GOD BLESS YOU ALL SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 3151798102
SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Dear, dear horizon, know that you are enveloped by the love and prayers of so many people. May this weekend of remembrance bring further healing to you and your family. Take care, sweetie.

☀ ❤ SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 1839924927 :flower:

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Horizon, I had no idea this happened to you. I cried and felt it in my gut. I'm thinking of you today and send warm fuzzies and (((hugs))) SPECIAL EDITION - What Happened on April 20th - SPECIAL EDITION - Please take time to read 1839924927 to you on your camping trip. May your weekend be even better than you can imagine or expect.

Thank you, Horizon, for all the joy and love you spread each morning in the Coffee Shop. ❤ ❤ ❤

Thank you, Ponee, for posting this!!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum