Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Do we really know who we are talking to? DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Do we really know who we are talking to?

+4
dinarstar
justmeP
Ponee
rocklady
8 posters

Go down

Do we really know who we are talking to? Empty Re: Do we really know who we are talking to?

Post by rocklady Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 pm

This is burning in my heart today so here goes. I have felt this since last evening.

Do we really know who we are talking to?

How do we know that the person in the checkout counter that just snapped at us isn't someone that just got some very bad news about there health.

How do we know that the waiter that is so very sad and less than attentive didn't just loose a close family member.

When we see a person abusing alchohol, do we see a drunk, or are we looking at an individual that has never felt love, and just needed someone to notice that he was hurting.

When we hear a child screaming in the store do we just see a brat, or do we pray that mama hears that he or she needs a nap and maybe if you look real deep that child might be really be hungry.

When we see a homeless person, do we see a bum, or do we see someone's brother, sister, or son or daughter. A family may be praying him or her home and you may be an instrument of that prayer.

You may be entertaining an angel unaware. We are the worlds light!!!! with or without money. It may be as simple as someone seeing Do we really know who we are talking to? 2474380249
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do we really know who we are talking to? Empty Do we really know who we are talking to?

Post by Ponee Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you Rock Lady for that wonderful post, I made a new thread for it. It deserves it's own header okay? And I will also be sending you a PM in about 10 min or so

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do we really know who we are talking to? Empty Re: Do we really know who we are talking to?

Post by justmeP Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Thank you for the reminder .....Judge not, you are so right. One never knows what that person has just heard,experienced or what they maybe facing.

Thanks
JustmeP

justmeP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Wow rocklady...that brought me back to something I experienced years ago.

I was enjoying a few days R+R,having a beer in an hotel...a fellow was in the lounge,falling all over the place,and I said to a passer by something like "look at this jerk"...to which he responded very quietly and sincerely and in perfect English,looking directly into my eyes..."it's circumstances laddie...circumstances."
Needless to say,even though I considered myself tough enough,and having just walked out of a combat zone in the bush,those words hit me like a ton of bricks...and so ashamed of myself I was,and remorseful for my words...which can never be taken back....and they have been with me ever since :(

Thank you,so very much,for bringing us such wise words.

Last edited by dinarstar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Great story Dinarstar,

I was thinking about the time I went into a resturant and the waiter just seemed so removed. I quietly said to him, Are you having a good day? He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, I just lost my dad and it is not feeling real great today. I told him that I would be praying for him and off he went. Today I just pray and ask God to touch the person that I have been blessed to feel that day!!
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Great Post I loved it. Thank you RockLady.

By-the-way Ponee......wanna race? Do we really know who we are talking to? 949729897

JESUS IS KING :king: GOD BLESS YOU ALL Do we really know who we are talking to? 3151798102
Do we really know who we are talking to? Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Others have already said it, and I must concur, rock lady. What a marvelous reminder that we cannot know what is in someone's experience, why he or she is behaving in a certain way. These days it seems so many are hurting, but they don't know how to cope. A kind word or smile from a stranger can make the difference between making it worthwhile to get through the day vs. just giving up. Thanks so much for your post.

Do we really know who we are talking to? Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Do we really know who we are talking to? Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you rocklady...great post!

COME ON...
RV ALREADY!

Do we really know who we are talking to? Smiley-happy093Do we really know who we are talking to? 7_11_117Do we really know who we are talking to? Smiley-happy093
Catherine
Catherine
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Rock Lady, YOU ROCK.

Great post and very timely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Great Post Rocklady...we do need to be reminded of this from time to time!!!

Do we really know who we are talking to? 23_5_123Do we really know who we are talking to? 23_30_109

Do we really know who we are talking to? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Do we really know who we are talking to? 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum