Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

ID security question! DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

ID security question!

+3
ou812
trndriver55
Herb Lady
7 posters

Go down

ID security question! Empty ID security question!

Post by Herb Lady Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 am

To whomever may know, I ask this because there are many who cannot afford a passport, especially since it costs around $200 in my state to get an expidited passport. So that having been said -

For those of us who cannot afford a passport, would it be possible or even remotely possible, that one could just cover pertainent information on our driver's license with say, I don't know, duct tape or electrical tap(?) so that only our names and picture show???????

Thanks a head of time!
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ID security question! Empty Re: ID security question!

Post by trndriver55 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 am

You don't need a passport to open up your accounts. When you open an account you can use your drivers license just have the banker put the post office address on all info and to make sure no home address is listed anywhere for security reasons. It is important that the banker understands this. If they can't understand your reason and request tell them thanks but no thanks and go to another bank to do business. IMHO

trndriver55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ou812 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:22 am

@trndriver55 wrote:You don't need a passport to open up your accounts. When you open an account you can use your drivers license just have the banker put the post office address on all info and to make sure no home address is listed anywhere for security reasons. It is important that the banker understands this. If they can't understand your reason and request tell them thanks but no thanks and go to another bank to do business. IMHO

Unless my eyes are failing i didnt see any mention of opening a bank account.

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trndriver55 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am

Your right my appologies.

trndriver55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

My personal opinion is that too much emphasis is being placed on this. I guarantee that people like Bill Gates do not use their passports for ID. They use their drivers license just like you and I. Nor do that have a post office box unless it just happens to be more convenient for them. I have know a number of quite wealthy and famous people in my life and they live pretty much like we do for the most part ... now if you're running drugs or on the lam from the mafia, maybe some extra security is warranted. Otherwise, not so much, common sense should be all the security you need.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ID security question! 2805820865  ID security question! 2805820865  ID security question! 2805820865  ID security question! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks Kevin 53!
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

If the other advice doesn't work for you, rocklady, there's always

ID security question! 1446433821

ID security question! Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

ID security question! Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:10 am

LOL!
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 am

@Kevind53 wrote:My personal opinion is that too much emphasis is being placed on this. I guarantee that people like Bill Gates do not use their passports for ID. They use their drivers license just like you and I. Nor do that have a post office box unless it just happens to be more convenient for them. I have know a number of quite wealthy and famous people in my life and they live pretty much like we do for the most part ... now if you're running drugs or on the lam from the mafia, maybe some extra security is warranted. Otherwise, not so much, common sense should be all the security you need.

I agree with you completely. There are several threads on this already and many of us (you and I included) have said that there is really no need to do this overkill of hiding. I keep pointing out that Steve Jobs lived in an UN gated community in a regular neighborhood. I think he was worth more than many of the future dinar holders combined lol
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 am

hey sebtopdog i know rocklady and am sure she does not dabble in the herb. lol.

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum