Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

What happened on April 5th DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

What happened on April 5th

+4
SEBtopdog
rick152
Horizon
Ponee
8 posters

Go down

What happened on April 5th Empty What happened on April 5th

Post by Ponee Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Massive antiwar demonstrations took place across the US. (1969) Over 100,000 protesters gathered in New York alone, and other demonstrations took place in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C. Most of the demonstrations were student led, though Quakers also held sit-ins and committed other acts of civil disobedience in more than 30 other cities.

Darwin sent the first chapters of Origin of Species to his publisher. (1859) Now thought to be one of the most influential books ever published, the Origin of Species laid out Darwin's revolutionary theories of evolutionary biology.

The hoarding of gold coin and bullion became illegal in the US. (1933) President Franklin Roosevelt signed Executive Order 6102, which ordered people to bring in their gold coins, bullion, and certificates to exchange it for dollars in hopes of boosting the US economy.

The Battle of the Ice took place on the border of Russia and Estonia. (1242) The battle took place between the Novgorod Republic, a medieval Russian state, and a group of crusaders. It was fought almost entirely on top of a large frozen lake and only ended when the ice collapsed under several thousand soldiers.

Helen Keller had her breakthrough with the manual alphabet. (1887) Anne Sullivan had been attempting to get Keller to make the connection between objects and words for about a month before she had her breakthrough associating the word "water" with water running across her hand. Keller progressed rapidly after that, and is said to have exhausted Sullivan by running around asking the names of everything she could reach.

George Washington exercised the first presidential veto. (1792) Washington vetoed a measure that would have provided more seats in the House of Representatives for northern states than for southern states. He only exercised his veto one other time while in office; that was to prevent a reduction in the number of cavalry units in the army.

Easter Island was discovered. (1722) Dutch explorer Jakob Roggeveen accidentally discovered the island while looking for Australia, two years before Captain Cook's famous expedition reached the island as well. He reported that the island was completely self-sufficient, and mentioned the enormous statues that the island is known for today.

Pocahontas married John Rolfe. (1614) Pocahontas had served as a go-between for her father's tribe and the English settlers for years, and her marriage ensured peace between the two. Rolfe was an English planter who introduced tobacco to America, and upon marrying him, Pocahontas became "Lady Rebecca."

Winston Churchill resigned. (1955)Churchill had been suffering from bad health for some years, though he remained in parliament even after resigning as Prime Minster. He is best known for leading Britain through World War II as well as his wit and signature cigars.

The April Fifth Movement led to violence in Tiananmen Square. (1976) Police, acting on the orders of the Gang of Four, cleared thousands of mourners for the former premier Zhou Enlai of out Tiananmen Square. The incident was later seen as a huge display of patriotism on the part of the mourners after the Gang of Four fell out of power.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What happened on April 5th Empty Re: What happened on April 5th

Post by Horizon Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Thank you and Good Morning Ms Ponee...I hope you have a Wonderful Day!!!

What happened on April 5th 8_3_15What happened on April 5th 36_15_59What happened on April 5th 8_3_17

What happened on April 5th Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...What happened on April 5th 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 pm

I LOVE YOUR WIDGETS !!! You have a great day also MISS HORIZON!!!!!

What happened on April 5th Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZwaEfFyW1cFMPemVhN7I3_YRvPeSUIe9OT93Kh6byHGxfR12bwg

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:07 pm

The hoarding of gold coin and bullion became illegal in the US. (1933) President Franklin Roosevelt signed Executive Order 6102, which ordered people to bring in their gold coins, bullion, and certificates to exchange it for dollars in hopes of boosting the US economy.

BUT, this only applied to Federal Personal!

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 pm

I especially liked this one...A president who truly loved his country. Thanks for the history ponee
George Washington exercised the first presidential veto. (1792)
Washington vetoed a measure that would have provided more seats in the
House of Representatives for northern states than for southern states.
He only exercised his veto one other time while in office; that was to prevent a reduction in the number of cavalry units in the army.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:14 pm

A little history lesson with our morning coffee ... I like it! Thanks, ponee.

What happened on April 5th Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

What happened on April 5th Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Ponee!!!!

I love this new addition to this side.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
What happened on April 5th 2245507099What happened on April 5th 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

LOL, Thank you Purpleskyz. I love history! Anyone can feel free to add different things.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 pm

ONe of these days, we will be able to look back and read that on THAT DAY... the IRAQI DINAR REVALUED and many people lived happily ever after.

I like happy endings too.......

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Now that will be historic!

Hope it is on Good Friday! That would be real good!

If I don't get a chance ... I want to wish you a HOPPY EASTER PONEE!!

Have a blessed holiday!

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
What happened on April 5th 2245507099What happened on April 5th 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Happy Easter to all!!

Love your new avatar Ponee!! Good Friday will be our day. New start and we are all ready for that, What happened on April 5th 1815401988 What happened on April 5th 1815401988 What happened on April 5th 1815401988
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh Ponee...I'm getting to this late. Looked for this this am, but must have looked before you posted.

On this date, April 5 in the year 33 AD, our Lord and Savior Rose from the grave!!!

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!

Also, my son was born 9 years ago, and today was baptized. Doesn't compare with the above information, but wonderful to me! <3
What happened on April 5th 3151798102 What happened on April 5th 3151798102 What happened on April 5th 3151798102 What happened on April 5th 3151798102 What happened on April 5th 3151798102 What happened on April 5th 3151798102
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by takeoff Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 am

Wow all that and on April 5, 2012 Okie called the rv again!

takeoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum