Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?

+14
Cardiac99
bobd
7freemom
czinser
TC2012
MTmann
3n1
therealbutterfly
Kevind53
jubalation
Terbo56
CaptnJerry
mabysomeday
lexie
18 posters

Go down

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Empty DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?

Post by lexie Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 pm

DID YOU KNOW???!!! Vitamin D deficiency ?

Posted By: watcher51445
Date: Thursday, 22-Mar-2012 04:31:31

Vitamin D levels linked to length of survival in ICU
Posted on March 15, 2012 by John Cannell, MD

You never know when you will end up in the ICU. Your life will be clinging to remarkable technology, medical skills and wonder drugs of today’s intensive care units, but you’ll also be using your own innate defense mechanisms to cling to life.
Average vitamin D level was 14 ng/ml with about 45 of the 130 critically ill patients having vitamin D levels below 10 ng/ml.
More and more it looks as if vitamin D is the most important innate defense mechanism that humans can control. That is, your vitamin D level will either be high or low based on choices you have made. You either get UVB photons or you don’t; you either take vitamin D or you don’t. That nature leaves those
choices to us, in order to make such a powerful downstream steroid hormone, is astonishing.
Drs. Arnson and Amital and colleagues of the Sheba Medical Center in Israel measured the results of the choices of 130 such patients. Even the ones that skipped the vitamin D articles in their local newspapers had made a choice.

Some decided to avoid the sun or sunbeds, yet others believed their doctors when they were told, “You can get all the vitamins you need from a good diet.” Their average vitamin D level was 14 ng/ml with about 45 of the 130 critically ill patients having vitamin D levels below 10 ng/ml. The rest were not much better. Despite the small differences between the highest and lowest, the ones with the highest levels outlived the ones with low levels.
Arnson Y, Gringauz I, Itzhaky D, Amital H. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with poor outcomes and increased mortality in severely ill patients. QJM. 2012 Feb 12. [Epub ahead of print]

The 130 patients in the study included adults suffering the results of everything from car crashes to strokes to heart failure. The researchers measured vitamin D levels from stored blood on all patients at the beginning of their mechanical ventilation. They wanted to see if vitamin D levels had
any effect on death rates, and it did. Virtually everyone died, but the ones with the highest vitamin D levels lived 24 days compared to an average of 15 days for the vitamin D deficient group.

First, as I like to say when I speak, everyone who takes vitamin D will die. It’s just a question of when. If all of a sudden, by magic, everyone in the USA had a vitamin D level of 50 ng/ml, we don’t know what people would eventually die from. It would probably be the same diseases that kill us now, only those diseases would occur later in life. Vitamin D is not a
panacea; the best we can hope for is that it will let us live to our genetic potential, called squaring off the mortality curve.
How do you decide how much vitamin D to take? How do you make such an important decision for your family and yourself? How do you know? Scientists have never given 5,000 IU/day for five years to see if it is safe. True, and they will not be doing so for quite a while. The answer is firmly embedded in common sense.

Five thousand IU is about 50% of what you get when you sunbathe at noon in the summer in your bathing suit for 30 minutes. As the molecules made in the skin from the sun and the ones in vitamin D supplements are identical (cholecalciferol), it is hard to make a case that 5,000 is too much. On the other side of the argument, a typical Pascal’s Wager, is the growing
scientific publications indicating not taking 5,000 IU/day is a decision you may not live to regret.

About John Cannell, MD Dr. John Cannell is founder of the Vitamin D Council. He has written many peer-reviewed papers on vitamin D and speaks frequently across the United States on the subject. Dr. Cannell holds an M.D. and has served the medical
field as a general practitioner, itinerant emergency physician, and psychiatrist.
View all posts by John Cannell, MD ?

This entry was posted in Posts and tagged icu, survival, vitamin d deficiency. Bookmark the permalink.
http://blog.vitamindcouncil.org/2012/03/15/vitamin-d-levels-linked-to-survival-in-icu/
http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/

Last edited by lexie on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Empty Re: DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?

Post by mabysomeday Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Uuuu...is this in the right place?
mabysomeday
mabysomeday
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Empty Re: DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

I think she meant to post this in the coffee shop...

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm

It's under general discussion, so Just about anything goes- Just needs to be decent and clean!Very Happy :cheers: DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2859867778 DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   174797362 DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   974290055 DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3091836158 DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3568750529
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jubalation Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Thank you Lexie for the imformative post. I do take my vitamin D every day. It is essential to the immune system and most people do not have enough of it. Our meat comes from feed lots, not grassy pastures, as does our milk. Our foods are deficient in the very nutrients we need to be healthy.

Oh, and thanks to the post-it-police who were worried that it might not be posted in the "right" place---GHEESH DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3346874973
jubalation
jubalation
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 pm

@jubalation wrote:Thank you Lexie for the imformative post. I do take my vitamin D every day. It is essential to the immune system and most people do not have enough of it. Our meat comes from feed lots, not grassy pastures, as does our milk. Our foods are deficient in the very nutrients we need to be healthy.

Oh, and thanks to the post-it-police who were worried that it might not be posted in the "right" place---GHEESH DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3346874973

Your soooo welcome jubalation, but general discussion is for general discussion of the Iraqi dinar only according to the other Mods and Admins... Everything else that has had no relevence to the dinar has been being moved to either the coffee shop or OOM2... Thats the only reason I said anything...

So you can in your own words... chillout and have a great day!!! bigsmile

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mabysomeday Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 pm

@CaptnJerry wrote:
@jubalation wrote:Thank you Lexie for the imformative post. I do take my vitamin D every day. It is essential to the immune system and most people do not have enough of it. Our meat comes from feed lots, not grassy pastures, as does our milk. Our foods are deficient in the very nutrients we need to be healthy.

Your soooo welcome jubalation, but general discussion is for general discussion of the Iraqi dinar only according to the other Mods and Admins... Everything else that has had no relevence to the dinar has been being moved to either the coffee shop or OOM2... Thats the only reason I said anything...

So you can in your own words... DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3346874973 and have a great day!!! DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   949729897

CJ

Agreed CZ! But believe you and me, if taking Vitamin D would do anything to help with the RV, I'd be taking double, maybe even triple doses....GEESH
mabysomeday
mabysomeday
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Just don't 'OD'- Thats all we ask-Rolling Eyes
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I would tend to agree that this should be in the coffee shop, sorry Terbo ... anyone want to be the tie breaker?

Excellent post however, and very good information. My wife and I both take vitamin D supplements at the recomendation of my dermatologist (hey you can't have worked as a lifeguard for many years without possible damage, so I get checked once a year.... thankfully no skin cancer)

Here in the NE no one gets enough sunlight so he recommends that every one take 5000 units a day. Makes sense to me, so we do.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Kevind53- My mistake- I do stand corrected-Embarassed
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Get out in the real sun or the sunbed and you dont need supplements that dont even give you the right D anyway. Your body makes what you need and it will store it too if you get enough thru the summer for the most part. You cant overdose on what your body makes. They have YET to prove that sunlight causes skin cancer, just MAY cause it. But sunlight and Vit D sure do cure alot of cancers.... God created the sun, dont be scared of it. Ever notice how much skin cancer has been on the rise since the creation of SUN BLOCK? Ever think of all the chemicals being spread on the skin might be the reason why? And then again, the fact more people are aware of skin cancer and are getting checked out is the reason for the 'rise' in cancer yet the death rate has gone WAY down. Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Oh, and funny thing is that the American Dermatologist conventions are normally held in nice sunny places and they have had on their agenda in the past of how they want to run tanning salons out of business and then they can make more money by offering the same services and charging more to the insurance co. Follow the money...... Wink

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Well that may be easy for some to say. Here in New England 60% of our days are overcast. A least 6 months out of the year, you need to cover up to stay warm. In the warmer months the biting insects, (Mosquitoes, Deer Flys, Black Flies, and No-See-Ums) keep you in long pants and sleeves much of the time.

Vitamin D is important to the proper function of the immune system and for that reason alone is important. If you can't get it from the sun .... as far as cancer, I have lost a friend to skin cancer about 12 years ago, I can't think of a much nastier way to die. I have another friend my age who sunbathed in her younger days with dozens of cancers removed, mostly from her tummy and back. Since I worked many years as a life guard spending 10-12 hours a day in the sun and on the water, I take no chances and have a professional check me over on a regular basis.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865  DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3n1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Everyone needs to have their family doctors check for low levels of Vitamin D.And also other vitamin levels. Some doctors dont want to do it, you have to make them its your body. But the fact is being out in the sun isnt always enough, some diseases deplete it in your body I know from experience,, but also low Vitamin D can also cause a multitude of problems and diseases in itself. I also know this for a fact I was just diagnosed a few days ago with Diabetes 2 and a vitamin D level of 12. My doctor didnt want to treat it, so I am seeing a new internist monday, hope and pray with Gods help and a diet change and levels up I can turn this around...Get Checked... Oh by the way to have the Vitamin D3 absorb correctly in your body you also have to take calcium with it.
3n1
3n1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Kevin, its called a tanning bed. Its a controlled amt of UV dosage too and its the SAME thing the derms use in their office only they charge $60+ a session for it. Smile

As far as skin cancer being linked to the sun, still not proven. I have a friend who had their NEWBORN have skin cancer on their foot. Also, if you look at most industries that have outdoor workers, their incidences of skin cancers are lower than those people that are intermittently exposed (office workers etc) and those that over expose themselves (ie: burn then peel then burn etc). There is a study with genetically predisposed mice and they were exposed to both UVA and UVB and only a small % got any form of skin cancer. Just interesting tidbits Smile

therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 pm

It's my understanding that tanning beds are more dangerous than regular sunlight. Regardless, I would rather pay a few dollars for good quality vitamin d3 pills, than quite a few to spend time I don't have in a tanning bed. JMHO

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:It's my understanding that tanning beds are more dangerous than regular sunlight. Regardless, I would rather pay a few dollars for good quality vitamin d3 pills, than quite a few to spend time I don't have in a tanning bed. JMHO

Tanning beds are FAR from dangerous. Those that are promoting that nonsense are the same ones that offer the same equipment in their dermatology office for super high rates. Spending a few min 2-3 times a week in a tanning bed does wonders for your body and mind. But if you think taking synthetic pills are the answer, so be it. I prefer natural production and that happens with exposure to UV light, and since tanning beds mimic that except in a more controlled way, I prefer that. And a tanning package is much cheaper than in years past. Smile
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MTmann Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 am

@therealbutterfly wrote:Kevin, its called a tanning bed. Its a controlled amt of UV dosage too and its the SAME thing the derms use in their office only they charge $60+ a session for it. Smile

As far as skin cancer being linked to the sun, still not proven. I have a friend who had their NEWBORN have skin cancer on their foot. Also, if you look at most industries that have outdoor workers, their incidences of skin cancers are lower than those people that are intermittently exposed (office workers etc) and those that over expose themselves (ie: burn then peel then burn etc). There is a study with genetically predisposed mice and they were exposed to both UVA and UVB and only a small % got any form of skin cancer. Just interesting tidbits Smile

Very true statistic; but, you can make the numbers say whatever you want to (believe me, been a number cruncher for over 25 years now). The reason for the outdoor workers not having the same incidences of cancer is really quite simple - - uhhh, read the original article ---- higher Vitamin D levels. Now THAT has been proven for as long as since the late 1940's along with an alkaline diet. (Cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment.) But what they don't tell us is this: (1) What is the incidence of cancer in the outdoor workers LATER? Since Vitamin D delays the effects of diseases, what percentage eventually get cancer? They only studied for the same time frames in both control groups. (2) What percentage of the outdoor workers' bodies were exposed to the sun? (Having grown up on a farm, I can attest to the fact that, yes, I got more sun; however, I, nor anyone else I worked with, was EVER out there working in the fields in a bathing suit) We ( and all other farmers around us) always had on, at a bare minimum, long pants and a sleeveless shirt along with a hat for protection against everything else (IE: the hay, the birds, the wind, the corn stalks, etc.), so the skin exposure is considerably less.

Oh, BTW, my bother was a physician and he ALWAYS insisted that we utilize sunblock when in the sun. So, whether or not it is claimed to have been PROVEN that the sun causes skin cancer, there is certainly enough empirical evidence out there to convince the medical community.

As always, JMHO,

MTmann

MTmann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TC2012 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 am

It is D3 you want to take and here is a very good article about Dosages from the MayoClinic @ http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitamin-d/NS_patient-vitamind/DSECTION=dosing

VITAMIN D: Animal data suggest that toxicity can occur by the ingestion of 0.5 mg/kg (20,000 IU per kg). That would be equivalent to a 110-pound adult taking 176,000,000 IU or 440,000 of the 400IU capsules, hardly a possibility, even in an intentional overdose. Dr. Vieth agreed that long term, daily consumption of approximately 40,000 IU/day (100 of the 400 IU capsules) can result in toxicity reflected in blood levels >200ng/mL. The Vitamin Council offers this great quote, “Living in America today while worrying about vitamin D toxicity is like dying of thirst in the desert while worrying about drowning.” REF: The Truth about Vitamin D Toxicity. www.VitaminDCouncil.org

Something else that a lot of people don't get enough of is Iodine. There is lots of info on that if you do a search. IMHO, it is the FDA that makes us sick by false statements of too much Vitamin D is bad for you and saying the max we need is 400 IU and they have done the same with Iodine as they did with Vitamin D. There is lots of people suffering from Thyroid problems as a result of the FDA IMHO as both D3 and Iodine or Kelp is needed to support Thyroid function.

TC2012

TC2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by czinser Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:15 am

Yes Vitamin D deficiency causes many diseases.

Best way is the sun due to the way our skin processes it.

But if you do not get enough from the sun the next best way

for it to really work best is to be in liquid form and sprayed in the mouth.

Goes straight to the blood stream. We take this daily.

Dr. Mercola (mercola.com) is the only one I know who offers the liquid

spray and is flavored with spearmint. Yummy!

Dr. Mercola also sells the safe tanning beds for Vitamin D. But we would

rather just take a second to spray Vit D in our mouth and we are good to go.

Blessings To You Guys, CZ Smile

czinser
Elite Member
Elite Member

Location : Dog is Praying for RV!!! He was told post RV that his treats will be stuffed with Filet Mignon. (-:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 am

CZ, just fyi, "legally" there is no such thing as a 'safe' tanning bed according to the govt. BUT, if you actually research them, you will see that the same exact equipment is at the local salon that is in your local derm office and dr mercola's.

I am a fan of natural is better and would opt first for the body's own production of Vit first. Smile

therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 7freemom Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

The form of Vitamin D being D3 is most significant, and combining it with calcium and magnesium because they all work synergistically together for optimal health is also pertinent.

God's sunshine is ALWAYS a good choice, if available and preferred.

Blessings to all seekers here of optimal Health in all aspects: physical, financial, emotional, spiritual

In His Love, Peace, Joy, Redemption, Abundance and so much More.... 7freemom Very Happy ❤
7freemom
7freemom
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 am

THANKS LEXIE, I AM NOT SURE IF IT HAS BEEN JUST YOU. BUT I READ GREAT THREADS ABOUT, LEMON JUICE, HONEY & CINNOMON ALSO. I AM A CANCER FAMILY, COULD YOU PLEASE PM ME FOR THESE THREADS AND HOW TO FIND THEM. THANKS

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:50 pm

Hmmm, Daddy always told me whiskey, honey, and lemon juice was a good fix-it-all medicine. Now they say cinnamon is good too. So if I have a hot toddy and a cinnamon roll for breakfast, am I good to go?
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 pm

You bet!!Laughing DID YOU KNOW???!!! DO YOU KNOW About Vitamin D deficiency ?   3079029344
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:00 am

Be very careful when shopping for vit D - vit D3 is more easily obsorbed in the human body while D2 is more easily obsorbed in mice.

Also Dulse is an excellant form of Iodine. It also contains calcium, sodium and potassium, which along with the iodine are very necessary for the sweat glands to function properly. Dulse flakes can be used in soups and stews, it can also blended with loose leaf tea, I sometimes use it in my china green tea in a small infuser. Dulse also contains other vitamins and minerals including iron.
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renny123 Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 pm

my dr. diagnosed me with extremely low vitamin D. She prescribed vitamin D which was very powerful. When my levels were back up to normal, she said just get them over the counter. I live in Florida but stay out of the sun and am closed up in an office all day long. As we get older, we need to especially get our Vitamin D levels checked. Vitamin D is very essential.

renny123
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I agree with you 100% renny123! The quickest way to get vit D into the system is through a liquid that goes under the tongue, or in a homeopathic form, which also goes under the tongue.
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit144 Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I too, am a Floridian. I stay closed up all day in an office. MY doctor prescribe 50,000 units 1xa week for 4 weeks, until mine were up to level also. It is a very important vitamin.
spirit144
spirit144
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renny123 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:42 pm

i will try the liquid. I have recently started on 7-keto. Has anyone had luck with this? Dr. Oz recommends it.

renny123
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herb Lady Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

renny123 - have not tried it myself, but we do seem to sell a lot of it at our store! It is in our antioxident section but it has other qualities as well. Google search it and I'm sure you will be surprised!
Herb Lady
Herb Lady
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by presley Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

@Herb Lady wrote:Be very careful when shopping for vit D - vit D3 is more easily obsorbed in the human body while D2 is more easily obsorbed in mice.

Also Dulse is an excellant form of Iodine. It also contains calcium, sodium and potassium, which along with the iodine are very necessary for the sweat glands to function properly. Dulse flakes can be used in soups and stews, it can also blended with loose leaf tea, I sometimes use it in my china green tea in a small infuser. Dulse also contains other vitamins and minerals including iron.

Thank you for sharing this information
presley
presley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum