Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

+6
mikeyg
raidernick
milleriniraq
Kevind53
davidpg
ibcraig0
10 posters

Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by ibcraig0 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:18 pm

So I have been reading everything I can find trying to understand the news that is translated and doesn't make sense most of the time and I just read something not related to the dinar that fully explained this whole idea of lifting the zeros.

The translation from Arabic to English that ends up "lifting" should really be saying "collecting". The word or phrase that is being translated into "lift" is an incorrect translation and should be saying "collect".

Now, for me that was a light coming on. They are "collecting" the zeros, or gathering up all the large denomination notes. Not lifting the zeros as in lopping or any other nonsense, they are COLLECTING them!

Just thought I would share that since it was like a major revelation for me and now all this talk about lifting the zeros makes so much more sense.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by davidpg Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 pm

IBC

That has always been my thoughts as well. Crazy as it sounds if you think of fish in a fish bowl (each one a denomination) then lifting the three zero's is lifting the big fish out of the bowl! plus this also makes even more sense when you add in the statement that this will not affect the value of the Dinar. I just can't see how you could lop and not change the value. Great find by the by.
Very Happy
davidpg
davidpg
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Posts : 107
Join date : 2011-10-12
Age : 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by Kevind53 Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Good find, do you have a link to the article. I would be cautious for one reason. If Arabic is like other languages in the region many words can have multiple meanings. I have studied Hebrew Aramaic, and Ancient Greek some as part of studying the Bible, and they are all that way. I suspect that is true in this case as well and that would explain why the translated articles can be so hard to read. If so, it might actually translate as both. Anyone fluent in Arabic out there.

*****************
Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

 Lifting the zeros just explained to me. 2805820865  Lifting the zeros just explained to me. 2805820865  Lifting the zeros just explained to me. 2805820865  Lifting the zeros just explained to me. 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 27225
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Umm right here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Sounds good to me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by milleriniraq Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Just an aside but I was trying to learn arabic over here and the iraqis laughed at me. They said people 45 miles away don't speak the same arabic. Stupid language! This leads to all sorts of mistranslation. What's the proper one? Who knows but it was an eye opener that people even in the same country don't speak the same arabic much less different countries.

milleriniraq
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 334
Join date : 2011-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by raidernick Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 pm

I know you mean well but that’s not it and saying it’s “collecting” is really reaching. You can listed to Shabibi himself in speaking in English, not translated Arabic, explaining that they will REPLACE the currency, not collect it.
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by mikeyg Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Lifting of the zeros is the same as raising the rate of the dinar to my understanding. It another way they say "to revalue". That's the way I always read it.

mikeyg
New Member
New Member

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by therealbutterfly Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 pm

@ibcraig0 wrote:So I have been reading everything I can find trying to understand the news that is translated and doesn't make sense most of the time and I just read something not related to the dinar that fully explained this whole idea of lifting the zeros.

The translation from Arabic to English that ends up "lifting" should really be saying "collecting". The word or phrase that is being translated into "lift" is an incorrect translation and should be saying "collect".

Now, for me that was a light coming on. They are "collecting" the zeros, or gathering up all the large denomination notes. Not lifting the zeros as in lopping or any other nonsense, they are COLLECTING them!

Just thought I would share that since it was like a major revelation for me and now all this talk about lifting the zeros makes so much more sense.

The thing you are getting hung up on is wording, just like some of the gurus (like med) who say things like its not 'deleting' but they mean 'raising' instead. While I would love to agree with you that its just a translation issue and it really means that, the problem I have is that they have explained the process completely over and over. Using references like Turkey and Romania etc. So its not really just the wording. If that was the case, then they would not have used a redenomination process in their explanations. If they were just 'collecting' the notes, then they would not need two sets of prices. etc.

And just FYI, Ali from Dinar Trade has said many times that the articles are talking about a lop but thats not what 'he was told would happen' or something like that. Its out there someplace in a chat on meds site. Its been a long time since I looked on there......

*****************
Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 2416
Join date : 2011-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Trb, the rv will come along with the ri Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by raidernick Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:58 pm

@davidpg wrote:IBC

That has always been my thoughts as well. Crazy as it sounds if you think of fish in a fish bowl (each one a denomination) then lifting the three zero's is lifting the big fish out of the bowl! plus this also makes even more sense when you add in the statement that this will not affect the value of the Dinar. I just can't see how you could lop and not change the value. Great find by the by.
Very Happy

Because a lop does NOT change the value. It introduces a new currency with the same value just different numbers. If you have a 25,000 Dinar note, how much is it worth today at the exchange rate of 0.00086???? $21.50. If tomorrow the new notes come out, the new 25 dinar note will have an exchange rate of 0.86 (the rate of the old note stays at 0.00086) so if you trade your old note for a new one how much money will you have???? You will still have $21.50. The value of the money does NOT change.



Anyone who tells you that both notes will have the same exchange rate, meaning both old and new notes will be exchanged for $0.86 per dinar, are either lying to you or have no concept or understanding of currency exchanges.

If you own 10 shares of Apple stock worth $5,000 and it splits 2 to 1 do you suddenly have $10,000. NO! you just have twice as many shares worth the same total value!
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 am

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Bang I just don't understand what is so difficult about the process that people just can't seem to grasp...

CJ

*****************
Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!


Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 991
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 51
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by zonepirate Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 am

@CaptnJerry wrote:Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Bang I just don't understand what is so difficult about the process that people just can't seem to grasp...

CJ

I'm with you CJ... the 1:1000 ratio in the article says it all

zonepirate
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 155
Join date : 2011-07-21
Location : Chattanooga, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 am

It will be good once this rv finally hits. We can all look back and laugh that we ever worried about a lop. In fact, I'm laughing right now at the idea lol!
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 267
Join date : 2011-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:50 am

@zonepirate wrote:
@CaptnJerry wrote:Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Bang I just don't understand what is so difficult about the process that people just can't seem to grasp...

CJ

I'm with you CJ... the 1:1000 ratio in the article says it all

Every article says it all, I just dont see how anyone gets something else out of it. its been the same articles since at least 2006. I just wish I could see what those that say it cant or wont see. I would love to think we are gonna make a killing again lol
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 2416
Join date : 2011-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by zonepirate Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 am

@therealbutterfly wrote:
@zonepirate wrote:
@CaptnJerry wrote:Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Bang I just don't understand what is so difficult about the process that people just can't seem to grasp...

CJ

I'm with you CJ... the 1:1000 ratio in the article says it all

Every article says it all, I just dont see how anyone gets something else out of it. its been the same articles since at least 2006. I just wish I could see what those that say it cant or wont see. I would love to think we are gonna make a killing again lol

True but the Kurdish article is the first one I saw that really laid all the cards out in clear terms.... of course it was "smoke"

zonepirate
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Posts : 155
Join date : 2011-07-21
Location : Chattanooga, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lifting the zeros just explained to me. Empty Re: Lifting the zeros just explained to me.

Post by raidernick Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 am

LEMMINGS!
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum