Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept

+6
gp cobb
obiewon
fs747623
raidernick
Inquisitive one
therealbutterfly
10 posters

Go down

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept Empty New banknotes to be introduced in Sept

Post by therealbutterfly Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am

Saturday, 25 February 2012, 07:58 GMT
New banknotes to be introduced in September
New banknotes to be introduced in Sept Get-article-image?id=3CBF63FA930E6C8FF6BBF1EDC3B7D027

A money trader in Erbil
The Kurdish Globe
Views differ on financial and socioeconomic impactsDespite
fears of a negative economic impact, the Central Bank of Iraq will
remove three zeros from Iraqi dinar notes and print new banknotes in

The Central Bank of Iraq has agreed with the Economic Committee of
the Iraqi Parliament to introduce the new banknotes in September 2012,
which will be used in parallel with the current banknotes for a year.
The CBI will completely withdraw the old banknotes by September 2013.

Abdul-Hussein Abtan, Economic Committee Member of Parliament in
Baghdad stated in a press conference that there is an initial agreement
between Parliament and the central bank to start the process of removing
three zeros in September, and it will take a year to complete. The new
banknotes will be printed in Arabic, English and Kurdish.

The CBI will introduce three new banknotes: 50 dinars, 100 dinars
and 200 dinars. For smaller transactions, the CBI will also issue
1-dinar and 2-dinar coins which Iraq currently does not use.

MP Abtan says "The grant agreement is to ensure that during the one
year process, the old banknotes are traded in the market and replaced by
the new one."

The CBI expects this move to positively impact the country's
economy; however, some parties say the negative consequences will be
more serious.

The Security Commission says deleting the zeros will have a negative
impact on financial trade in the stock market. Other opponents of the
move argue it would pave the way for money laundering and want the
government to reconsider its decision.

Supporters of the idea believe the introduction of the new banknotes
will help reduce inflation, strengthen the Iraqi dinar in the
international market, facilitate trade with international banks and
other financial institutions, as well as reduce the social gap between
classes.

"The process of removing zeros from the currency will contribute to
dealing better with inflation, facilitate economic cooperation with
international banks and reduce the differences in [standards of] living
in society," Abtan explained. Mahma Khalil, another Member of the Iraqi
Parliament and official spokesperson of the Economic Committee says an
agreement has been reached about the mechanisms of introducing the new
banknotes after a series of meetings and discussions with the CBI
Governor Dr. Sinan Al Shibibi.

"According to the agreements, the new bill will be printed by a
European company and introduced to the market gradually and in a
well-planned schedule to ensure it will not result in shocks and would
not have a negative impact on the market," explained MP Khalil. He added
the exchange rate between the new banknotes and the old ones would be
1:1,000.

The objective behind this move is to appreciate the value of the
Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar, which would in turn increase the
balance of the Iraqi dinar and there would be sufficient reserves of
that currency," explained MP Khalil. "Additionally, the economy of Iraq
would grow and oil sales would also increase." Khalil added that Iraq
has a reserve of $60 billion in the CBI.

The CBI previously stated it would consult with Parliament and
representatives to see whether there would be a need for a law to be
passed for this shift. The Economic Committee announced on 19 February
it was introducing new legislation for the purpose and would also
address the inflation issue in the country.

The introduction of new banknotes and withdrawing the current ones
from the market is generally expected to reduce and control the number
of dinars in circulation and would also help facilitate payment systems
and control the banking transactions in the country.

http://www.kurdishglobe.net/display-article.html?id=3CBF63FA930E6C8FF6BBF1EDC3B7D027

therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept Empty Re: New banknotes to be introduced in Sept

Post by therealbutterfly Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:02 am

Well it looks like we may actually see this change in Sept 2012 and it will end in sept 2013. Hmmm....
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept Empty Re: New banknotes to be introduced in Sept

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 am

@therealbutterfly wrote:Well it looks like we may actually see this change in Sept 2012 and it will end in sept 2013. Hmmm....

So what are you thinking as far as the rv goes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitive one Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:17 am

If it is saying 1 dinar is equal to the 1000 then that wd be 1 dinar equals .88 at today's rate.

Inquisitive one
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 am

Well as I am understanding the article, its saying (to me anyway) that they will start it in Sept 2012 and the will use both notes for 1 year and then all the old notes would not be allowed to be used after sept 2013. And it is sayin to me that the new notes will be worth 1000 of the old notes. Ie: 25 note would be the same as the old 25,000.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 pm

@therealbutterfly wrote:Well as I am understanding the article, its saying (to me anyway) that they will start it in Sept 2012 and the will use both notes for 1 year and then all the old notes would not be allowed to be used after sept 2013. And it is sayin to me that the new notes will be worth 1000 of the old notes. Ie: 25 note would be the same as the old 25,000.

So based from this...rv in September 2012?

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 pm

@therealbutterfly wrote:Well as I am understanding the article, its saying (to me anyway) that they will start it in Sept 2012 and the will use both notes for 1 year and then all the old notes would not be allowed to be used after sept 2013. And it is sayin to me that the new notes will be worth 1000 of the old notes. Ie: 25 note would be the same as the old 25,000.

TRB, my dear you are being soooo PC so I will say it. It categorically states that the exchange rate, which IS the rate between the OLD dinar and the NEW dinar, will be 1:1000. This is absolutely NOT referring to any exchange rate between the dinar and any other currency so everyone out there please don’t try to compute phantom revalue rates based on this news. Think of it like a stock merge (opposite of a stock split). If you have 100 shares of a stock, each worth $1, all of your shares combined would be worth $100. If that stock merges 1-2, you would trade in your 100 old certificates for 50 new ones. The new certificates would be worth $2 each and the total value of the stock you own would still be worth $100. You would just have 50 shares now worth $2 each. The value of the stock did not change, only the denomination of the certificate, just like the dinar. Those who held onto the old stock certificates didn’t suddenly come into an extra $100 because the stock ticker now says each share is now worth $2 each. That old certificate is now considered a half share. But that is the argument that is repeated over and over again here by peeps that don’t understand that redenomination has nothing to do directly with value. If they named the new currency something other than dinar light bulbs (real ones – not those mercury filled crap ones they are forcing on us) would be going off all over peeps heads around the dinar world. If it helps call the new currency the Radin. “ Sept. you will be able to exchange 1000 old Dinars for 1 new Radin. For 1 year you will be able to buy goods with either old Dinar or new Radin and after a year the Radin will be the only currency accepted. Just like in Europe when the Euro came out, price tags had both (for example in Italy) Lira and Euros on the label.

What we now know from this is that there will be a LOP. What we don’t know is if the CBI will adjust the value of the dinar before the redenomination starts in September. This is now the million dollar question.
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fs747623 Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks Raidernick, for a good explanation. This article opens a can of worms. lol

fs747623

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by obiewon Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:02 pm

@raidernick wrote:

TRB, my dear you are being soooo PC so I will say it. It categorically states that the exchange rate, which IS the rate between the OLD dinar and the NEW dinar, will be 1:1000. This is absolutely NOT referring to any exchange rate between the dinar and any other currency so everyone out there please don’t try to compute phantom revalue rates based on this news. Think of it like a stock merge (opposite of a stock split). If you have 100 shares of a stock, each worth $1, all of your shares combined would be worth $100. If that stock merges 1-2, you would trade in your 100 old certificates for 50 new ones. The new certificates would be worth $2 each and the total value of the stock you own would still be worth $100. You would just have 50 shares now worth $2 each. The value of the stock did not change, only the denomination of the certificate, just like the dinar. Those who held onto the old stock certificates didn’t suddenly come into an extra $100 because the stock ticker now says each share is now worth $2 each. That old certificate is now considered a half share. But that is the argument that is repeated over and over again here by peeps that don’t understand that redenomination has nothing to do directly with value. If they named the new currency something other than dinar light bulbs (real ones – not those mercury filled crap ones they are forcing on us) would be going off all over peeps heads around the dinar world. If it helps call the new currency the Radin. “ Sept. you will be able to exchange 1000 old Dinars for 1 new Radin. For 1 year you will be able to buy goods with either old Dinar or new Radin and after a year the Radin will be the only currency accepted. Just like in Europe when the Euro came out, price tags had both (for example in Italy) Lira and Euros on the label.

What we now know from this is that there will be a LOP. What we don’t know is if the CBI will adjust the value of the dinar before the redenomination starts in September. This is now the million dollar question.

So if its going to be a LOP then we should all get out now, because we will only brake even. Or, we should buyalot of 50 dinar notes because they will still be worth 50 dinars? Just don't see the C.B.I. doing a LOP. sorry. If I thought that for 1 minute I would get out NOW because theres no money in it. Not for me, my family, my friends, or and this is the big one, THE IMF, OR THE UST. Those guys are not in it to "brake even".
obiewon
obiewon
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:10 pm

@obiewon wrote:
@raidernick wrote:

So if its going to be a LOP then we should all get out now, because we will only brake even. Or, we should buyalot of 50 dinar notes because they will still be worth 50 dinars? Just don't see the C.B.I. doing a LOP. sorry. If I thought that for 1 minute I would get out NOW because theres no money in it. Not for me, my family, my friends, or and this is the big one, THE IMF, OR THE UST. Those guys are not in it to "brake even".

Well first and once again, a 50 note in the old dinar will not be the same as a 50 note in the new dinar. It would be like say the 100 lira note is the same as the 100 Euro. I believe the 100 lira was worth about 2 grains of sand and you all know what 100 Euros is worth.
Secondly read my last line. Will the CBI adjust the value before a LOP.
Third if the UST and IMF are really holding the amount that no one can prove but so many are speculating on, they bought in at 4000 to 1 so they have already secured a significant margin.
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fs747623 Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Go to Dinarrumor.com and see TRC's response to this article. The best I've found.

fs747623

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gp cobb Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:21 pm

That's quite an explanation by all, IMO what some haven't learned is: "there is not much truth in these articles" , YMMV

G.P. Cobb
gp cobb
gp cobb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hithere Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:29 pm

One article says that & the other says this.....

* Financial expert: the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar may be equal during the next two years thanks to central bank policy

February 25th, 2012 02:48 pm · Posted in NEWS (Iraq & World Currency)
Baghdad (news) .. Expected economic researcher Hussein star is equal to the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar during the next two years as a result of central bank policy in support of the currency, stressing that this process depends on the political and economic stability of the country.
said the star (of the Agency news) on Saturday: The central bank succeeded managed through its control of the cash raised in the local markets, and make the Iraqi dinar rises two points during the month of February the current and this is an important development and significant in the work of monetary policy in Iraq.
He added that the Iraqi dinar today has become an important currency and influential in world markets being covered with cash reserve large of hard currency, which is estimated at (60) billion dollars, and this number is too large due to central bank policy in support of the national currency.
The Star: that the process is equal to the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar depends on the strength and stability of the Iraqi economy and the domestic market as well as political stability and security environment is quiet, and perhaps up to during the next two years.
It is noteworthy that the central bank said earlier that his policy on the level of near work on the stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar while at the intermediate and near will work to equal the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar.

http://theiraqidinar.com/2012/02/25/financial-expert-the-exchange-rate-of-the-dinar-against-the-dollar-may-be-equal-during-the-next-two-years-thanks-to-central-bank-policy/

What are we to think???????
hithere
hithere
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm

It seems they are saying the Iraqi Dinar will be 1 to 1 with the USD. It says noting about RD or RV, so in that sense it's not really saying very much at all. Just my 10 cents.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

New banknotes to be introduced in Sept 2805820865  New banknotes to be introduced in Sept 2805820865  New banknotes to be introduced in Sept 2805820865  New banknotes to be introduced in Sept 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

If our 25000 dinar note comes out at 1 to 1,and is worth $25000,that would be fabulous Very Happy
If they drop the 3 zero's first,and it turns into $25.00,well,not so much! crybaby
At least now we have a time frame,which is good.
I am still very happy to be on this ride 8)
Blessings everyone 👼

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadNotTheTail Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:03 pm

(Med Chat): Dinar Speculator 2/25/12
FEBRUARY 25TH, 2012 05:17 PM · POSTED IN CHATS & POSTS (IRAQI DINAR INFO)
MED (12:31:52): HEY DS I TOLD YOU THIS 2013 WAS TOTAL ***
(several hello’s) busman: ok, now the truth will come out, HI MED guardian: we need your input bad lol
MED: INPUT ON WHAT guardian: todays news new banknotes introduced in sept MED: YES OK AND guardian: just want your opinion with the rest
MED: ARE THE NEW BANKNOTES COMING TO THE U.S. I DOUBT IT SO IT HAS NO EFFECT ON US THINK OF THIS BOTH SETS WILL BE DINAR CORRECT

guardian: correct
MED: THE WORLD WILL HAVE ONE EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE IRAQI DINAR THEY WILL BE BOTH OUT TOGETHER SAME AS IN KUWAIT NOW REMEMBER KUWAIT WAS AN RI NOT AN RV BUT

BOTH SETS WERE THE SAME RATE DIDNT MATTER THE SIZE OF THE DENOMS NOW WHEN THEY EXCHANGE THE SADAAM DINAR FOR THE CURRENT DINAR IT WAS 1 TO 1
IF YOU HAD 50K DINAR SADAAM YOU GOT 50K OF THE NEW ISSUE THAT IS THE CPA LAW ON THE BOOKS
THEY ALSO SAID THE NEW EXCHANGE RATE WOULD BE OUT BEFORE THE NEW DENOMS ARE OUT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT MORE OIL THAN EVER IN THEIR HISTORY
YES UNEMPLOYMENT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AND CORRUPTION BUT THAT IS IRRELEVANT OK BACK TO MY POINT
I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL WONDERING THE 1 TO 1000 DID SHABIBI SAY THAT NO
SHABIBI STATED THAT THEY ARE RAISING THE ZERO’S FROM THE NOMINAL VALUE ISSUING NEW CURRENCY TO REFLECT THAT NEW EXCHANGE RATE
I AM GOING TO SAY THIS TO LOP WOULD BE TO DEVALUE THE DINAR
busman: .00086-.86
MED: HOW CAN YOU HAVE THE MOST FOREIGN CURRENCY ASSETS IN YOUR HISTORY NOT IN HYPERINFLATION LOP YOUR CURRENCY
THEN IN THE SAME BREATH SAY IT IS WORTH NOW 1 TO 1 WITH THE USD CUZ THE COUNTRIES ECONOMY IS STRONG THERE IS NO WAY
AFTER ALL THE **** RELEASE OF INFORMATION ALREADY THEY ARE SAYING THE NEW RATE AS IT REFLECTS ON US
busman: i don’t think this will effect the RV for us: http://www.dinarspeculator.com/showt…d-in-September
MED: WELL IF ONLY ONE SET OF DENOMS ARE OUT THE EXCHANGE RATE EFFECTS WHAT THE ONE THAT IS OUT IN CIRCULATION
SAME AS IT DOES NOW THINK OF THIS IRAQ IS NOT IN HYPERINFLATION
THEY ARE SAYING THE NEW RATE AS IT REFLECTS ON US AS I SAID 99% OF WHAT YOU ARE READING IN THE IRAQI MEDAI MEDIA
DOES NOT I REPEAT DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH US
ONE THING ONLY EXCHANGE RATE THAT IS IT
ONLY PLUS FOR US ON THE RELEASE OF THE DENOMS IS WE KNOW OUR TIMELINE FOR IT ENDING
SAME AS I SAID FROM NOW TO SEPT
NOW DONT BE SURPRISED TO SEE A MY RV AS THEY SAID WASNT GOING TO HAPPEN
LIKE THEY ALSO JUST SPENT A WEEK DENYING ANYTHING AT ALL IN 2012 NOW HOTROD WAS CORRECT
THE END OF 2013 WAS ONLY THE ENDING OF THIS ENTIRE SITUATION WHICH AFTER NEW RATE COMES OUT DOES NOT EFFECT US AT ALL DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING
slow: yes
busman: yes
surfsidedan: So that means the 1 to 1,000 was not correct and 2nd question how will they be able to make change if the new lower demons are not out when they RV
busyman: yes
guardian: < sigh of relief…yes
MED: DAN WHO CARES THEY WILL SOON FOLLOW ARE YOU GOING TO IRAQ TO EXCHANGE NO
busman: dan, they have enough to RV already
MED: ALL WE CARE ABOUT IS THE RATE ON THE BOARD SURE THEY DO FOREIGN CURRENCY ASSETS GOLD OIL RESERVES DO YOU SEE DAN WHY ARE WE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS INTERNALLY IT DOES NOT EFFECT US
busman: + they only need 15% of reserves to RV
MED OR BACKING BY THE IMF AND WB
irishbrian: I think Guardian means they also stated they had enough small denoms from the previous printing to start the exchange?
busman: and that is a given, imo
MED I AM SURE THEY DO I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH THAT
guardian: someone else said that
MED: CUZ WE DONT KNOW
38CABO: bingo
surfsidedan: 3rd question for the ones holding the 50, 250 and 500 dinar notes now sounds like we will have to cash them in within the time frame to turn in the old notes or are they only talking about the 3 zero notes

I happen to agree with Med ,Breaks it down for me ,,says it in ways I can't,,,Just a cabinet maker, lollololololo. I hope this Helps..

HeadNotTheTail
HeadNotTheTail
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeadNotTheTail Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Take time to READ this ,Post above
HeadNotTheTail
HeadNotTheTail
Elite Member
Elite Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Good post.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum