Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Message for Kevin53 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Message for Kevin53

+10
SEBtopdog
SpaceCowboy
LookingAtTheHeavens
Peppermint Patti
abby ann
Terbo56
Kevind53
raidernick
Inquisitive one
bigdaddytim
14 posters

Go down

Message for Kevin53 Empty Message for Kevin53

Post by bigdaddytim Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

I would like for everyone to take a minute, pause, and say a little prayer for Mr. Kevin53. Buddy, I think you need a hug. Your gonna have to calm down or your gonna stroke out. It'll be alright. Breathe...... chillout bigsmile
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Message for Kevin53 Empty Re: Message for Kevin53

Post by Inquisitive one Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

What did he do?

Inquisitive one
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Ironically most of the hostility in the last few weeks seems to be coming more from moderators than members. Perhaps moderators who wish to participate in discussions at the length that some do should give up their positions and rejoin the fray. I have never seen any assemblage before where moderators made up a majority of the contributions. It really goes against the definition of the term, IMO. This is not directed at any particular Moderator as the title of the thread suggests.

Last edited by raidernick on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Believe me I am very calm ... If I was angry I would not have said a thing. Ask my kids ... I rarely get angry, and I never act when I am. What I said was chosen carefully, every word for a reason.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:14 pm

raidernick wrote:Ironically most of the hostility in the last few weeks seems to be coming more from moderators than members. Perhaps moderators who wish to participate in discussions at the length that some do should give up their positions and rejoin the fray. I have never seen any assemblage before where moderators made up a majority of the contributions. It really goes against the definition of the term, IMO. This is not directed at any particular Moderator as the title of the thread suggests.

Unfortunately when certain individuals appear to deliberately see how far they can push the rules of the forum then the moderators are required to step in. Other than answering one or two questions from the perspective of my area of expertise, and a couple of just for fun posts, every one I and the majority of the other Mods have made over the last few days have been to try and steer threads back into safe territory before it got locked or someone earned themselves a banning.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865  Message for Kevin53 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by raidernick Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Well take the "Wells Fargo "steer clear of Iraq Dinar-Fox News" thread as an example. Out of 88 posts 41 were from moderators, nealy half. So perhaps a better term would be super user than moderator.
raidernick
raidernick
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 pm

There would be no hostility if some of you people would conduct yourselves the way you should when you are on a forum, instead of causing hate and discontent,because this RV is not happening fast enough for you,and you must be directing your statement to all of us,then, or you wouldn't have said what you just insinuated- Boy, I've never seen the beat of some of the horse hocky that goes on in here, honest to God- If you are not happy here, then why stay?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 pm

So let me see, you are saying that because we are will to assist and try to maintain some semblance of order here we should not be allowed to participate in the discussions? We were all asked to do this because we were active in the forums and showed some "horse sense." So now we should be inactive? I reviewed the thread you singled out, and the posts made were pretty much all on topic and many were complementing or agreeing with other posters. I only saw one that could even be construed as hostile and the poster in question immediately apologized for it.

You want to take threads? OK take the Okie ... please answer thread ... please. It started skirting the borders and briefly redeemed itself before turning and heading down the toilet. Or the Okie post from yesterday we had to lock, not to mention a couple more we removed they were so bad. The hostility is not from the mods ... we are just trying to do our jobs without banning people. I had a choice earlier ... use strong language, or issue a couple of bans. I chose the strong language ... I don't like to ban people, none of us do.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Oh by the way, if you look at any of the posts, you will see that by and large, the same dozen or so people by far dominate them. Maybe we should prohibit them from posting so much as well? That only seems fair since many of them have WAY more posts than even I do. Maybe that would encourage the 20+ thousand lurkers to post more often... Just sayin

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:04 pm

THIS SITE IS LIKE GOING TO SOMEONES HOME AND EATING THEIR FREE FOOD,AND THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Why should it matter who does the posting. I find many of the posts by the Mods to be very interesting.

Firstly, many of them are probably on the forum more time than the rest, especially those that don't work and it's easier to get a good grip on the different subjects when you spend so much time considering what is going on.

Posting is open to everyone and some that don't post may have some good thoughts, but just don't chose to share them... Let's try to either enjoy the posts or just don't watch.

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last.."
Peppermint Patti
Peppermint Patti
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:36 pm

abby ann wrote:THIS SITE IS LIKE GOING TO SOMEONES HOME AND EATING THEIR FREE FOOD,AND THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!

It's what happens when you choose to be diplomatic and let everyone say what they feel no matter what. There is a reason the other site is thriving, full of positivity and hope. It is because they weren't afraid to pull the weeds. Negativity breeds negativity and vice versa. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist", and negativity (doubt begets fear and fear begets despair) is his sword. No one ever thinks they are being negative, even when it is obvious to everyone else. People underestimate how crafty and deceitful he is, even so far as to be oblivious to the roots he tries to plant.

None here can claim to be totally free. I know he tricks and traps me at times and for anyone to deny that they are susceptible is to be right where he wants you to be. We are born into sin and through Christ we can overcome it, but it doesn't mean we will ever be free of temptation. He even tried to tempt Jesus in the desert.

Just as I have been guilty of judging others, there are those here that judge as though they are pure as the fallen snow. This is Okie's site that is run by Miske and moderated by good people. You people need to have more respect for the hosts and not act like you are entitled to do or say whatever you want. People have become to spoiled and believe that they have rights to do or say as they please no matter how it may affect another. I hope that this site can once again become a place where people can look forward to coming to and not expect some sort of discourse every time they open a thread.

Take care OOM&F
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am

LookingAtTheHeavens :yes: :yes:

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceCowboy Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 am

Trying to determine and represent a fair amount of reality, frustration, excitement, blind faith, research, and speculation must be a nearly impossible job. I wouldn't want it.

That being said, I don't fanny.

Personally, I appreciate it when a moderator reads something and leaves a nice comment. I also appreciate it when they validate my thoughts and opinions with articles and research that I didn't have or bother to discover. I notice that they take the time and effort to do that for a lot of posters.

If you are at the mall and reach into your pocket for your wallet... and don't have a wallet!... you are in a bind for sure.
But if you reach for your wallet, and don't have pants... then you are in big trouble!

Moderators make sure we are all wearing pants. (That means remembering that there are bigger, more important things... like treating others with dignity and respect.)

SpaceCowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 am

Abby Ann, are you talking about people going to your home and eating your widgets and then complaining about them?

Shame, shame, shame...

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last..."
Peppermint Patti
Peppermint Patti
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am

Ok folks. Calm down. I am one of the "negatives" that get fussed at quite a bit. So, I can say with all insight that I bring this on myself. No one likes to hear the negative when there is such a promise of prosperity with the rv of the IQD. But, I feel the need to interject my opinion (no matter how negative some may believe me to be) in order to keep us "fair and balanced". Will the IQD revalue? Hopefully. Will the IQD RI? Hopefully. Will the IQD LOP and devalue? Let's pray not! We all hope for the best, yet some of us choose to keep our feet on the ground and not get our hearts broken.
The only negative critique that I have of Mr. Kevin53 is in telling someone to "shut up". That would get you a fat lip where I come from. Other than that, it's our own fault for being "mouthy".

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:50 pm

SpaceCowboy wrote:Trying to determine and represent a fair amount of reality, frustration, excitement, blind faith, research, and speculation must be a nearly impossible job. I wouldn't want it.

That being said, I don't fanny.

Personally, I appreciate it when a moderator reads something and leaves a nice comment. I also appreciate it when they validate my thoughts and opinions with articles and research that I didn't have or bother to discover. I notice that they take the time and effort to do that for a lot of posters.

If you are at the mall and reach into your pocket for your wallet... and don't have a wallet!... you are in a bind for sure.
But if you reach for your wallet, and don't have pants... then you are in big trouble!

Moderators make sure we are all wearing pants. (That means remembering that there are bigger, more important things... like treating others with dignity and respect.)

Nicely said, Space Cowboy! This mod would like to give you a big THANK YOU! Message for Kevin53 1261280965

Message for Kevin53 Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Message for Kevin53 Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner Patriot Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:06 pm

I've contributed to multiple sites when I felt I could contribute something. This site was one of my favorites and I like Okie and BullDog. But these past few days, it's been like coming into a snake pit. You write something and all the snakes strike at you with venomous aggressiveness. They don't have anything to contribute themselves, but feel empowered to attack anyone else who might want to express an idea or comment on the thread.

Moderators have an impossible mission in this aggressive environment and culture. How does one deter the snakes who are lurking and waiting, not really trying to find out about what has brought us all together - the dinar.

I at first thought they had their pet idea on this investment, but many don't. I saw one member last night attacking one person for their views, and then when another person all but agreed with them, they pounced on her arguing a case more akin to the first victim.

I'm thinking this site has been overrun with law students practicing their debating skills, playing the devil's advocate with each contributor. It's amazing how quickly a site can be taken down by this type of activity and even the moderators are fair game. Then when a moderator tries to defend himself/herself, they're pounced on for too many contributions.

It's mind-boggling and disconcerting to those of us who simply want to discuss our views, hear the views of others, and expand our horizons. I'll not point fingers, but if the shoe fits, then wear it.

Go visit another site - one comes to mind that actually nurtures this type of behavior. Of course their membership has dissipated and you might open a thread and find yourself in solitary confinement, but maybe that's not such a bad idea either. You can argue to your heart's content with yourself and by that time, maybe this thing will RV. Hopefully, someone will come by your thread and tell you it's over - somewhat like those Japanese soldiers they found on islands years after the war had ended.

More good is gained by honey than vinegar or hot sauce. The book "How to Win Friends Through Intimidation" never became a topseller for a reason. Time for you folks to take a break, go vent your frustrations digging a hole in your backyard, or if you really feel giddy, someone else's backyard. Very Happy

God Bless Everyone - this ride is thankfully about over and we can all start becoming normal. Pay it forward, find a good cause, and feel the exhilaration of seeing what your dollars will do for others less fortunate.

Sooner Patriot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 pm

bigdaddytim wrote:Ok folks. Calm down. I am one of the "negatives" that get fussed at quite a bit. So, I can say with all insight that I bring this on myself. No one likes to hear the negative when there is such a promise of prosperity with the rv of the IQD. But, I feel the need to interject my opinion (no matter how negative some may believe me to be) in order to keep us "fair and balanced". Will the IQD revalue? Hopefully. Will the IQD RI? Hopefully. Will the IQD LOP and devalue? Let's pray not! We all hope for the best, yet some of us choose to keep our feet on the ground and not get our hearts broken.
The only negative critique that I have of Mr. Kevin53 is in telling someone to "shut up". That would get you a fat lip where I come from. Other than that, it's our own fault for being "mouthy".

I think if you will back and read the aforementioned question in context, it was directed very specifically at those who just desire to cause trouble, intending only to stir things up for the sake of causing trouble. As my mother said, "If the shoe fits ..."

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 pm

It's mind-boggling and disconcerting to those of us who simply want to discuss our views, hear the views of others, and expand our horizons. I'll not point fingers, but if the shoe fits, then wear it.

Hehehe ... I hadn't read you're post yet Sooner Patriot ... great minds think alike! Ilikeyou

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Parrothead Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I come here looking for information. It does appear that some of the Mods want to intervene similar to how this current (US govt) administration wants to intervene - assuming they know what is best. I just hope and pray that this is about over. Perhaps some see their 15 minutes of fame rapidly coming to an end. I hope that is the case! I, along with many others, will have absolutely no need for these sites if/when the RV occurs.

I will have absolutely no need for any of this 'Post RV'. As far as Okie, not speaking until 'Post RV' - well I hope he gets to be one of the first to 'Call It'. That seems important to all of these gurus.

But please, please.....do not assume that any of these Gurus will automatically become great financial minds as well and start listening to them for such advice 'Post RV'.

Let these sites shut down 'Post RV' and then you can seek real financial sound advice! There will be no need for them. Until then, if you want any intel, or entertainment, you must play by their rules - and there seems to be plenty.

Parrothead

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 pm

It's simple really, we have rules which all agreed to follow when they signed up. Follow them and you will have no problems. Choose not to, and then you choose to be corrected. Miske foots the bills and she sets the rules. You can like that or not, but that is the way it is.

► We do not allow slander, obscene/swearing, racist or sexually explicit language nor any abusive, hateful, threatening, harassing or name calling comments.
► Posts that defame or insult OOM, its moderators and administrator, or your fellow members will not be allowed. Even if it is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
► Do not degrade or discredit, slander or use offensive comments against other forums, their admins and mods or their members.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermint Patti Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Parrothead,

What the heck do you care if the forum continues after the RV? Many, many members love to come to the forum and connect with people from other walks of life that they don't know.

After the RV who knows what tidbits of experience we may gain from each other. Like where to get a great bargain on a 2nd home. The best way to order a new vehicle, etc. People equal a lot of knowledge and great ideas which I personally can't wait to see.

There are investments that pay 8% annually that I learned about on one of the other forums. Do you have that investment knowledge? Many don't and it may become important to some as it appears to be a very sound vehicle to earn interest to live off.

You see, no one knows everything, and the one that thinks they do are probably in for many big disappointments. Meanwhile, I wish you the very, very best and may you enjoy every penny of your new found wealth and let others enjoy what they enjoy the most. My mother would have chosen friends above all other earthly treasures and she was one loved person we all hated to let go of...

Peppermint Patti...

"Only one life will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last..."
Peppermint Patti
Peppermint Patti
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm

GREAT post PP :cheers:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Parrothead Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks PP. I hope you get to enjoy newfound wealth soon as well.

It personally will not concern me if this site continues on or not after the RV. I thought I was pretty clear on that.

The point is - many will portray themselves as 'experts' when they are not. We see that everyday with self proclaimed Gurus. We will see a lot more of that when there is actual money to be made (and taken) from others. There will not be any shortage of wolves in sheep's clothing. It is one thing for Gurus to be misleading people, whether intentional or not, on rates and dates for the RV. That is all fun and games and to be taken lightly. It would be an entirely different matter to mislead people in financial affairs deliberately for personal gain. I'm not saying anyone here would necessarily do this so don't get all worked up about it, but the possibility is real.

I do not want anybody burying their head to that fact.

Parrothead

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Kevind53 wrote:It's simple really, we have rules which all agreed to follow when they signed up. Follow them and you will have no problems. Choose not to, and then you choose to be corrected. Miske foots the bills and she sets the rules. You can like that or not, but that is the way it is.

► We do not allow slander, obscene/swearing, racist or sexually explicit language nor any abusive, hateful, threatening, harassing or name calling comments.
► Posts that defame or insult OOM, its moderators and administrator, or your fellow members will not be allowed. Even if it is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
► Do not degrade or discredit, slander or use offensive comments against other forums, their admins and mods or their members.

Perhaps what is needed is PM button that lets us reply DIRECTLY to the providers of the intel. This way no one would need to "get it off their chest" here online. But we don't get to do that. They hide behind their minions and have them post their thoughts. We have to answer for what we post. This would get 98% of the negative posts out of the forums. IMO

Not ANOTHER Day. Not Another Day. I can't take this. I can't take this. NOT ANOTHER DAY!!

Message for Kevin53 437791839 Message for Kevin53 437791839 Message for Kevin53 437791839
Bruno
Bruno
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum